A Totally Awesome Mix You Should Download

Nate Dogg III

YEP YEP YEP.

Can't decide which mix has been my favourite. I did think 3 was the poorest, but I gave it a listen again recently and now I really like it, especially the marching band intro which is genius. I really like this latest one too.

I've got them all on the ipod now, perfect for reading on the commute.

A thing I liked about three was how the start and end meld together seamlessly so if you happen to have an iPod set to loop (thanks car stereo thing! It's always nice how you do that to me every time I use you!) then it'll just happily go around forever without being noticed.

• 2 months later...

Here you go.

Jus right click the 'download' tab under the artwork. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.bmbx.org/2009/02/12/kilchurn-session-v/

todos - Kilchurn Session V

Francesco Giomi - ‘Flic Flac 2′ Edit

Jocelyn Pook - ‘Masked Ball’ Edit / Anders Ilar - ‘Rain In All Familiar Places’ / The Orb - ‘Outlands’ (LP Version) Edit

Michele Cecchi - ‘The Beautiful Flower’

Negative Neutron - ‘Plainsong’

Esque - ‘Azure Plane’

The Hybridizer - ‘Your Light’

The Oscillatorz - ‘I Can’

Poratz - ‘A Boat In My Mind (City Rain AM Fog Remix)

Mike Sheridan - ‘Morgentimer’

Negative Neutron - ‘Game Time’

Esque - ‘Ripple’

Mikroformas - ‘Screwed’

Sascha Funke - ‘Mango’ (Special Berlin Calling Edit)

Myrkur - ‘Skttrbrain’

Here you go.

Jus right click the 'download' tab under the artwork. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.bmbx.org/2009/02/12/kilchurn-session-v/

todos - Kilchurn Session V

Francesco Giomi - ‘Flic Flac 2′ Edit

Jocelyn Pook - ‘Masked Ball’ Edit / Anders Ilar - ‘Rain In All Familiar Places’ / The Orb - ‘Outlands’ (LP Version) Edit

Michele Cecchi - ‘The Beautiful Flower’

Negative Neutron - ‘Plainsong’

Esque - ‘Azure Plane’

The Hybridizer - ‘Your Light’

The Oscillatorz - ‘I Can’

Poratz - ‘A Boat In My Mind (City Rain AM Fog Remix)

Mike Sheridan - ‘Morgentimer’

Negative Neutron - ‘Game Time’

Esque - ‘Ripple’

Mikroformas - ‘Screwed’

Sascha Funke - ‘Mango’ (Special Berlin Calling Edit)

Myrkur - ‘Skttrbrain’

Brilliant!

Thanks as always, Todos!

No worries mate. Feedback welcome.

Just finished listening, really enjoyed it again! I can see this mix being a real grower too, there's some beautiful tunes in it.

I know you've posted the tracklisting, but what is the tune at 14mins in? It's fantastic!

I presume you mean the one with the organ in it? If so thats the Negative Neutron track. He is a very close friend of mine and is making some really good tunes at the moment. Check his work: www.myspace.com/negativeneutron

That's the one! Does he have an album out of anything? It's a cracking song, that.

He has no releases to date but is certainly producing tracks at a fast rate! Plenty enough to put an album together. His tracks have featured on past Kilchurn Session mixes and hes getting the material out in the right places so it cant be too long before he's out there. Im trying to give him as much support as possible, the tracks deserve it! Send him a message on myspace if you have an account. He will be pleased for the feedback.

I'm still a fan of these.

I think I've listened to the first one the most, but they're all fantastic.

In fact, I think I'll listen again right now. Do you have a website todos? Perhaps you should create one just in a blog-style to post mixes on. Also, whenever I listen to your mixes, Last.fm suggests that you're these guys. Could be worse, I guess.

I'm still a fan of these.

I think I've listened to the first one the most, but they're all fantastic.

In fact, I think I'll listen again right now. Do you have a website todos? Perhaps you should create one just in a blog-style to post mixes on. Also, whenever I listen to your mixes, Last.fm suggests that you're these guys. Could be worse, I guess.

Yeah, Ive come across that when searching the todos name. :eyebrows:

Ive got a myspace but I never use it anymore, I just dont have the time and lost interest in it. Was just using it for a promotional tool when I was playing out. The mixes are all up on the bmbx site though which I find really useful. http://www.bmbx.org/category/todos/

All the mixes can be accessed there and comments can be left. I guess that could be similar to a blog. I want to get an rss set up so people can sign up for them. Something for me to work towards.

By the way, I still listen to part 1 the most. Its defo my favorite :eyebrows:

Wait! Hold one.

I don't have parts four and five. I leave my Internet for a couple of weeks and this is what happens?

On it now.

EDIT: Also, any chance of FLAC/WAV versions?

Could certainly bounce the sessions down to Wav or AIFF. Gonna be large files though mate. At the moment they are all 320 mp3's.

Could certainly bounce the sessions down to Wav or AIFF. Gonna be large files though mate. At the moment they are all 320 mp3's.

I'd make use of them if you did them. I guess you could YouSendIt for those that care.

Would love to own these in a high-quality format (although I'm aware that many of the source files might have been MP3s anyway?).

I'd make use of them if you did them. I guess you could YouSendIt for those that care.

Would love to own these in a high-quality format (although I'm aware that many of the source files might have been MP3s anyway?).

Best thing to do mate is for me to send you what my close friends (and lovely Wife :eyebrows:) get. Which is them burnt to cd with a full colour print on the disc and track marked. Your right about some of the tracks, they have not all been bought as wav's so you will find 320k mp3's in there. Certainly no less than 320 though so the quality is good enough. If you want them as discs then pm me your address and ill gladly send them to you.

That doesnt go for everyone though before you start having ideas! :eyebrows:

Best thing to do mate is for me to send you what my close friends (and lovely Wife :eyebrows:) get. Which is them burnt to cd with a full colour print on the disc and track marked. Your right about some of the tracks, they have not all been bought as wav's so you will find 320k mp3's in there. Certainly no less than 320 though so the quality is good enough. If you want them as discs then pm me your address and ill gladly send them to you.

That doesnt go for everyone though before you start having ideas! :eyebrows:

Really appreciate that, but I don't think I'll trouble you for that kind of effort.

Cheers, though.

New mixes playing now.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey there people. Not been able to get onto this site for ages until today. The site hasnt been able to load for me for nearly a year now. In that time Ive finished Kilchurn Sessions part 6 and 7. Here they are for you.

For each mix just follow the link and under the artwork thumbnail, right click the 'Download' tab for instant download.

kilchurn-session-vi.jpg

http://www.bmbx.org/2009/04/kilchurn-session-vi/

Todos – Kilchurn Session VI

Rennie Foster – ‘Devil’s Water (Reprise)

Donald Wilborn – ‘Cairo’ (Ambient Reprise)

Donald Wilborn- ‘Cairo’ / Jon Hopkins – ‘Second Sense’ Edit

Play At Dawn – ‘Traffic’

Eyecam – ‘Underground Airport’

Miika Kuisma – ‘Abyss’

Yoursck & Tekin Kesen – ‘For My Lost Soul’ (Julien Mier Voyage Remix) / UNKLE – ‘Heaven’ (King Unique Accapella) Edit

Nor Elle – ‘The Truth’ (V For Volkan Remix) / Orbital – ‘The Girl With The Sun In Her Head’ Edit

Telefon Tel Aviv – ‘Your Mouth’

Leitstrahl – ‘Kalimba’

Telefon Tel Aviv – ‘The Birds’

In Memory of Charles Wesley Cooper III

kilchurn-session-vii.jpg

http://www.bmbx.org/2009/10/kilchurn-session-vii/

todos: Kilchurn Session VII

1. Sigur Ros – Ba Ba

2. Helios – First Dream Called Ocean

3. Apparat – Negro Modelo

4. Tycho – Adrift Edit

5. Helios – Vargtimme

6. Jonsi & Alex – Happiness

7. M83- You Appearing

8. Slam – Subject Invisible

9. Glen McArdle – Miller & Rollnick

10. Abdomen Burst – Syntagma (Negative Neutron Mix)

11. Jonsi & Alex – Boy 1904

12. Ekkehard Ehlers – John Cassavetes (2)

13. Alla Farmer – Elektike Sunrize

14. Alva Noto- Xerrox Tek (Part 1)

15. 2562 – Redux

16. Mirrors Edge – Ropeburn

17. Gianluca Angelini – E

18. The Future Sound Of London – Lizzard Crawl

19. RJD2 – Chicken-Bone Circuit / Orbital – Halcyon+On+On Edit

In loving memory of EJ. x

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It's been a long time coming due to technical problems but the next installment in my Kilchurn Session series is now complete and available for download. Some of you may be familiar with the blog, A strangely Isolated Place: A fantastic directory of everything ambient, downtempo and electronic. Popular with the likes of Nick Warren and Ulrich Schnauss, a strangely isolated place has become a mecca for all lovers of these genres of music. All my mixes have featured on the site and this time around part 8 has been done exclusive for the page. If you haven't already checked out the site then please do, I cannot recommend it enough. The mix is available on their Soundcloud account via the blog.

I hope you enjoy the mix.

Thanks.

todos

kilchurn-viii.png?w=450&h=337

http://astrangelyisolatedplace.wordpres … sion-viii/

http://soundcloud.com/astrangelyisolate … ssion-viii

Tracklist:

1. Alexey V – ‘Invisible’ (Part 2)

2. Creative Response – ‘After Darkness’

3. Creative Response – ‘After Light’

4. Inch Time – ‘Aurora’ / Lusine – ‘Two Dots’ Edit

5. Lusine – ‘Two Dots’

6. Erik Jackson – ‘Falling Leaves’

7. Nitrada – ‘Fading Away’ (Apparat Remix)

8. Alexander Daf – ‘Lost In Flames’

9. Charlie May – ‘Midnight’

10. Grad U – ‘AG’ (Undepressed Dub) / Boards Of Canada – ‘Amo Bishop Roden’ Edit

11. Freeland – ‘Burn The Clock’

12. Moderat – ‘Out Of Sight’

13. Apparat – ‘Sayulita’