A Totally Awesome Mix You Should Download

Nate Dogg III

Hallo.

This chap called dj_todos who posts over on globalunderground.co.uk has done this mix and it's absolutely awesome. Very much on an afterhours-spliffy-electronica tip, all cut together with film samples and stuff. I LITERALLY can't stop listening to it. It's great and I asked if I could put it up here for download and he said yes, so download it and love it, to keep us both happy.

Linkery: <a href="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KXN9DNYY" target="_blank">http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KXN9DNYY</a>

Tracklistery:

todos: Kilchurn Session

1. Swayzak - Smile And Receive (Apparat Remix) Edit

2. Ambivalent - R U OK

3. Sinner DC - Lady March Water Lilly Edit

4. Banco de Gaia - Last Train To Lhasa Edit

5. Orb/Keiichi Suzuki - Satellite Serenade (Trans Asian Express Mix)

6. Boards Of Canada - Telephasic Workshop

7. Daft Punk - On Off

8. The Chemical Brothers - A Path To Follow

9. Cantoma Ft. Pathaan - The Call

10. Umek - Ricochet Effect Edit

11. Madam Vs Bipath - Penetration

12. Four Tet - She Moves She

13. James Holden - Lumpette

14. Chymera - Umbrella (Beatless Mix)

15. Sugardaddy - Wack

16. M83 - Slight Night Shiver

17. Kenneth Bager - Fragment Eleven Part 3

18. Boards Of Canada - Olson

19. Coldcut - Timbre Edit

20. Hatchback - White Diamond

21. Ulrich Schnauss - Between Us And Them

22. Negative Neutron - One Day I Just Changed

23. Four Tet - No More Mosquitos

24. Aphex Twin - Shiny Metal Rods (1159 Mix)

Includes samples taken from the films One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Full Metal Jacket, They Live, Dusk Till Dawn & Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas.

Cheers for the comment Simmy and cheers to Nate for spreading the word.

Take it easy

todos B)

No problem. I've been waiting for a mix like this for years! I tend to find there's loads out there that dip their toes into this sortof style for a short while, and then head back to the "norm" which i've began to find a little boring.

Aberdeen (team i support) got beat 4-1 last night, and to say i was pissed off was a vast understatement. Listened to this fully for the first time whilst lying in my bed after the match, and had a massive grin on my face.

The remix of Timber is just simply awesome.

LOVE THIS MIX :blink::(

I almost feel bad about getting it for free, it's that good.

Please note the 'almost'.

Ha Ha. Ive thought about how much Id have in my pocket now if I was getting £1 for each one Ive sent out. :blink: Really had no idea it would take off in the way it has. I blame Nick Warren!! Its all good though. Its nice to have the positive comments and its great that people are hearing and feeling what I hear. Great to know everyone is getting the same vibe I get from stuff like this.

Ha Ha. Ive thought about how much Id have in my pocket now if I was getting £1 for each one Ive sent out. :blink: Really had no idea it would take off in the way it has. I blame Nick Warren!! Its all good though. Its nice to have the positive comments and its great that people are hearing and feeling what I hear. Great to know everyone is getting the same vibe I get from stuff like this.

Keep it up, seriously!! Hope you do well :(

Nope. Just follow the link and punch in the 3 letters in the box on screen. Then it will ask you to wait a few seconds. Then you can download it when prompted.

Ah got ya, cheers.

I'm a metalhead who tends to hate stuff like boards of canada and Ulrich Shnauss so this is a bit of an experiment for me. I'll listen with open ears though

Edit: hahaha i'm getting it at 1600k a sec!

Oh man this really is wonderful. I love the fat girl at the dance track, who is that?

Yeah, I love that track. Probably my favorite on the mix. The track is by Kenneth Bager and the story teller is Julee Cruise. It is taken from the album 'Fragments From A Space Cadet'. The track itself is entitled Fragment Eleven(The Day After Yesterday(A Love Story In Five Parts)Part 3(The Story))

There are 5 parts to Fragment Eleven. 1. The Meeting, 2. Traveling, 3. The Story, 4. Reflections, and 5. It'll Never Happen Again.

You may know the track 'Les Fleurs' by 4Hero. There is a cover of that on the album with Julee Cruise on it thats really good as well.

He He. All is not what it seems ;)

Yeah, the tracklist made it look like you went for the original, which just wouldn't have worked.

Are they? :D

No. Call it the Northern Exposure effect. :)

I'm listening now, it's a really good mix, excellent track selection.

Are the GU forums still as bitchy as they were before? Never seemed to be enough love in that place.