Sign in to follow this  
K

The Kleptones

Anyone into the Kleptones? I first heard them at Bestival last year, when walking past a tent in the afternoon, I heard them playing a mashup of 'Windowlicker' by Aphex Twin with the vocal from 'You Give Love A Bad Name' by Bon Jovi, which was just fucking awesome, and worked far, far better than you would imagine. I pretty much fell in love on the spot; that same set included splicing 'I Can't Go For That' by Hall & Oates with 'Breath and Stop' by Q-Tip, 'Second Hand News' by Fleetwood Mac with 'Pump Up The Volume' by MARRS, and dozens of other genius experiments in musical genetic modification.

I realise the whole mashup thing is a bit Shoreditch-four-years-ago, but I don't really care. Anyway, they've put that very same set up for download on their website (along with all their other albums, which are all free), so give it a listen. I'm the one screaming like a girl in the background when they play 'Jump' by Van Halen.

www.kleptones.com

Their Bestival set is called 'Live'r Than You'll Ever Be', and it's well Jackson.

Been well into the Kleptones for a while ever since someone on here posted a link to "A Night At The Hip Hopera" - Surely their best work. It's funny that they should be brought up again recently, because this past week I've been re-listening to a lot of their stuff again. The "24 Hours" EPs are also a particular highlight. I'm listening to EP2 right now.

Been well into the Kleptones for a while ever since someone on here posted a link to "A Night At The Hip Hopera" - Surely their best work. It's funny that they should be brought up again recently, because this past week I've been re-listening to a lot of their stuff again. The "24 Hours" EPs are also a particular highlight. I'm listening to EP2 right now.

24hrs is ace - are the EPs different to the album?

I actually like the new live set best out of all the albums, though - their albums are really good, but the live set was just incredible, and the stuff I've listened to since hasn't quite lived up to it. I think the problem is that a lot of the album tracks are rock-oriented, and I'm not a massive rock fan, so I don't recognise some of the songs. The live stuff was more electronic/hip-hop focused, so it was a lot more my thing.

24hrs is ace - are the EPs different to the album?

To be honest, I can't remember. I downloaded everything I could get my hands on and was just flicking through a few tracks earlier on.

So the first part is out there then, somewhere.  Although the announcement email is cryptic as hell...

Announcement of new work.

The work will be a tetraptych (or quadriptych if you prefer).

All parts will be of equal size.

Part One is now being assigned to The Experimental Release Group (ERG).

Their EXPERIMENT will soon be going on all around you.

If you seek out the ERG carriers, you may well be rewarded.

Or you can stay in the waiting room.

We don't mind.

Once the Experimental Release Group have completed the work, Part One will be made available to all, eventually.

(If they are unable to complete the work, who knows what will happen...)

If everyone then decides that The Experiment was fun, we will expand on it for Part Two.

If everyone then decides that The Experiment was not fun, we will chalk it up to experience, and continue on our way.

If you're confused, please accept our apologies.

If you wish to join the ERG for future parts, send an email to this address and we'll explain more in a little while.

That is all, for now.

I've seen a few posts on Twitter about it, and one confirmed ERG carrier, but that's about it so far.

On 01/10/2018 at 14:39, Flub said:

I know one of the carriers and he's found another. Should be sorted soon.

Any updates on that?  I saw a flurry of activity on Twitter for a few days, then nothing.  They had just over half of the tracks, the last I heard.

20 hours ago, catinthehat said:

Any updates on that?  I saw a flurry of activity on Twitter for a few days, then nothing.  They had just over half of the tracks, the last I heard.

They're still some tracks missing. One would hope The Kleptones have learned something important from this. Don't rely on random people on the internet :)

2 hours ago, Flub said:

They're still some tracks missing. One would hope The Kleptones have learned something important from this. Don't rely on random people on the internet :)

Yeah, gotta be about time for Eric to share the missing tracks with a different set of randoms, and see if that helps.  Unless he's been doing that already.  Who knows.

Latest update / release below....

unnamed.jpg.7f7bcdc30eed53cbf6996e5e58429fa9.jpg

Release of new work - Part Two

As previously stated, the work will be a tetraptych (or quadriptych if you prefer).

All parts will be of equal size.

Just over a week ago, Part Two was assigned to The Experimental Release Group (ERG) for completion.

The Experimental Release Group worked extremely hard and have succeeded in completing the work.

We applaud their effort, and raise a glass to them.

You should applaud their effort also, as thanks to their fine work, Part Two can now immediately be made available to all.

DOWNLOAD HERE : FLAC MP3 or STREAM HERE

If you wish to join the ERG for future parts, and have not already joined, send an email to this address and we'll explain more in a little while.

That is all, for now.

Much love,

The Kleptones

P.S. The work is dedicated to everyone that's chipped in, either via the site, or via Patreon. We love you, you pay our rent.