IGNORED

Gears Of War 2

Isaac

spent most of yesterday playin Horde and nailing it :lol: so much fun

dude that was amazing....

Level 50 was just awesome. All of us at the top of the stairs blazing away, Every shot had to count. Shit out of ammo on my lancer, switch to the shotgun, let em get close, shit man down quick revive him, oh crap mauler at the top the stairs shotguns!!! Shit out of ammo, switch to the pistol melee if you have to, OH SHIT Grinder... oh sweet got his gun PAYBACK TIME....

possible one of the most satisfying gamer moments EVER for me!!!!

I finished this last night and after being critical of the opening I ended up really enjoying the game. It does have a limp start and it also has some graphical inconsistencies but once it gets going it's awesome. I came across two major bugs - one was when the locust in a certain area endlessly respawned, the other was Dom's refusal to pick me up using a crane. But, I'll overlook those problems as basically the game felt like an interactive Michael Bay movie. A pure, mindless, popcorn fest of a game and I do look forward to the third installment going by the talking after the end credits.

I think this is going to be all about Horde for me, as others have said, but that's not a complaint because Horde is an absolute killer. It's what I've been wanting from Halo since the original game, although having mentioned Halo I'm now going to have to bemoan the lack of a theatre mode in GoW2. Still, being in Mekon's party last night, ammoless and alone, and battering the two remaining snipers to death with my pistol as they tried to get a close-quarters bead on me... I could do that all night, every night.

The last boss is a complete non-event. It's no way to end such a solid game.

To me it almost seems the wanted to make up for Raam. Raam was almost impossible to defeat on your own when playing Insane. I had to use an exploit to defeat him.

The last level is probably the hardest in the game, until they give you that weapon. It's the developers saying: "here you go. You worked your ass off, have fun now."

Which I did. :lol:

Although you hardly call the final boss a boss fight.

I liked the ending though, open as it was.

I didn't take that bit as a last boss,

I took it like a dramatic exit like at the vehicle action bits at the end of MGS/MGS3/Halo/Halo 3

As Halo 2 and Gears 1 have shown, ending these games on some one to one proper fight with something usually ends up falling flat and feeling anti climatic.

Completed it yesterday, and a couple of questions are:

1) Is the queen dead?

2) What was that whole thing with the facility? Were they experimenting with the Locust, or something else?

3) Did anyone catch what happened after the credits with Fenix's dad? Probably just leaving it open to a sequel.

1. The Queen escaped on her flying horsey.

2. It sounded like they were experimenting on people, but I dunno. Obviously, they had secretly discovered the location of the Locust stronghold at the time when the facility was running.

3. Adam Fenix tells them they have to sink Jacinto, then later the Queen claims he has defected to the Locust, throwing that plan into doubt. In the post credit bit you hear his voice again, bemoaning the mistake they have made in sinking Jacinto. Possibly, the voice they hear in the stronghold was faked, and this is the real Adam at the end.

Was this the outcome the Queen wanted all along?

Finished this solo and started again on co-op with my gf, using the second save slot. I noticed that my stats had gone back to zero, ie I seemed to have lost the 1200+ kills towards the Seriously 2.0 achievement, no unlockables in the journal, and my collectibles were all gone. OK I thought, its because I used the other save slot. So we restarted co-op using the first save slot. Same problem. Anyone else found this? I'm resigned now to starting again on the collectibles and gradual progression achievements, but I was wondering if this was a bug or something I did wrong.

Fantastic game though. See Bungie? This is how you make a game where you make the player feel as though they are part of a huge conflict. Now I just need to get the internet sorted so I can get playing horde with some like-minded peeps!

the biggest dissapointment about Gears Of War 2 was that there were no

Bezerkers in the entire game.

Yeah, that was weird, but they were overused in the first game. Why wouldn't the COG develop hand weapons that can kill them anyway?

More than made up by the Brumak count in this game, after the stingy appearance of one in the original (in a cut-scene).

2. It sounded like they were experimenting on people, but I dunno. Obviously, they had secretly discovered the location of the Locust stronghold at the time when the facility was running.

That's so not "obvious". I may have missed one or two collectables, but

There's no evidence they knew where the Locusts were! It mentions that they took the experiments up Mount K, but nothting about the Locust. Marcus just decides, for no apparent reason, that this must mean the Locusts are up Mount K. We didn't even know what, or why, we were looking for in the facility. It's just been "de-classified" and may have something.

You get the feeling it Marcus heard the scientist holidayed in Bemuda we'd be off there next

Horrid, horrid writing/plot McGuffins.

To me it almost seems the wanted to make up for Raam. Raam was almost impossible to defeat on your own when playing Insane. I had to use an exploit to defeat him.

This really is so far from being true as to be laughable.

Raam was a bit tricky, but once you had the technique down he was easy as hell. He's no Omega Pirate (which wasn't THAT hard anyway).

And yes I kicked his raggedy arse on my own.

This really is so far from being true as to be laughable.

Raam was a bit tricky, but once you had the technique down he was easy as hell.

Well, I didn't have nearly enough ammo for the sniper/torque bow combo, so I just kept him locked behind a crate and peppered him with a combo of lancer fire and grenades. That worked well enough, but it still felt a bit cheap.

Not a great boss by any means though, in my opinion. I prefer the ones in the sequel.

Doc NI, I needta get in on some of your horde action, you and your team of super awesome friends have it down. I need to learn and pass these tactics on!

Anyone else finding that even though they were utter naff at the original GoW MP they're doing quite well on this? I was horrendous at GoW online play but am absolutely loving this because it all seems to click. Torque Bow FTW.

Yup.

Meta-Ridley is where it's at.

totally...that half-second window to splat a charged super missile off his beaky metal chest...that fight lasted half an hour on hard.

omega pirate, 2 mins, tops.

I don't agree that Omega Pirate was a ''fucking doddle''. He was a quite hard boss. That said, I did disagree with the hysterical reaction here and elsewhere claiming that he was absurdly, almost impossible difficult.

it was a puzzle really, not hard. its like oh i need the visor on to see him in the phazon pool. 3 super missles later hes dead. 5 on hard or whatever.