rllmuk
Rex Grossman

Rugby thread (6 Nations, Heineken Cup etc)

I'd like to back Wales but i think it'll be a year or 2 before they settle into their new way of playing and it really starts paying off, away to a settled England team is a big ask but hopefully it'll be close 25-20 to England i reckon. 

Well i think that's all over, Wales need to start figuring out when to secure and when to offload the ball because they're trying to hard away the moment. 

That last try was exactly the same as the French, north way off his mark for this new drift defence. 

Also not a knock on and Farrell is close to a card. 

The try by Wales sets up an interesting second half, but frankly the game is a sideshow after Joe Marler bizarrely groping Alun Wyn-Jones' penis. It's completely unacceptable and essentially sexual assault. 

Gareth Thomas' comment, "If that had been going on when I was playing I'd never have retired!" might be the best bit of punditry of all time though. 

• Upvote 2

The quality of the 6 nations hasn’t been great this year. Must be some sort of World Cup hangover going on. 

51 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Gareth Thomas' comment, "If that had been going on when I was playing I'd never have retired!" might be the best bit of punditry of all time though. 

Really? I thought it was a pretty shitty decision to make as a gay man who's so strongly flown the flag for inclusion into a "masculine" game and has suffered so much at the hands of haters. Ho ho, us gays love that sort of thing - carry on you madlads! 

Right result, probably a red by the letter of the law but I think the law is wrong. I look forward to seeing Jiffy throw his toys out of the pram once again, it always makes me happy. Cunt.

Fair enough. The man really boils my piss though, if an English pundit had made a career out of shittalking an entire rugby team based on nationality they'd never be given the time of day. 

I was driving home from an utterly superb showing by the Chiefs today so hearing his verbal diahorreah really took the shine off. 

1 hour ago, Matt Defis said:

Those cards should have come much earlier. 

Why and when? Ref didn't warn England earlier, Wales had a couple of high tackles too.

One of the first English tackles was shoulder in with no wrap around attempted and owen Farrell's behaviour was beyond appalling, pushing and shoving wherever he could. 

The ref was massively inconsistent, he penalised Alyn Wyn Jones for not allowing the ball out,  rolling away from three tackle and on the next Welsh attacking breakdown the English did the same thing and no penalty.

England won, i thought they would but i didn't think it'd be so horribly reffed. I'm massively positive, Wales came within 3 points of England away with a new way of attacking/ defending while England got massive breaks from the ref.

It looks really good for Wales going forward once they figure their new systems out. 

16 hours ago, Starbreaker said:

Really? I thought it was a pretty shitty decision to make as a gay man who's so strongly flown the flag for inclusion into a "masculine" game and has suffered so much at the hands of haters. Ho ho, us gays love that sort of thing - carry on you madlads! 

I see what you're saying, but I disagree.  It was clearly a joke, he was making the joke about himself, rather than someone making the joke about him.  The fact that he can make that joke, and everyone laughs, knows what he's referring to, and no-one feels uncomfortable feels like progress.

If one of the other presenters had said, "Hey Gareth, if that had been going on when you were playing you'd never had retired!" that would be completely different.  Isn't it a sign of acceptance and inclusion that he can make a joke like this?

Marler could be in big trouble for that although I really hope not, I used to have a good grab of a props cock and balls most weekends when I was playing. 

Good day for Scotland against France. Some great trys from both teams but the bloody refs need to wise up. The amount of knock ons they missed was ridiculous. Both French tries could have been ovwrturned for offside and knock on. But we won so yay.

21 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

One of the first English tackles was shoulder in with no wrap around attempted and owen Farrell's behaviour was beyond appalling, pushing and shoving wherever he could. 

The ref was massively inconsistent, he penalised Alyn Wyn Jones for not allowing the ball out,  rolling away from three tackle and on the next Welsh attacking breakdown the English did the same thing and no penalty.

England won, i thought they would but i didn't think it'd be so horribly reffed. I'm massively positive, Wales came within 3 points of England away with a new way of attacking/ defending while England got massive breaks from the ref.

It looks really good for Wales going forward once they figure their new systems out. 

There is some overreaction here, the ref was pretty consistent, even when it benefited Wales (calling back advantage from knock-ons that any northern hemisphere ref would have called over). Farrell was a bellend in the first half but I have no sympathy for lazy runners trying to block kick chasers getting pushed over (I assume you're partly referring to the Farrell push on Biggar), fair game in my view.

What would disappoint me as a Wales fan is that after losing the 3rd scrum to France a few weeks ago they then go and lose a maul against 13-man England when there was still an outside chance of getting a victory.

From an England perspective the attack is starting to look sharper (I assume the new coach is having an impact), the scrum looks a lot more dangerous (again, new coach having an impact I hope) and the defence is as fierce as ever. They seemed to read a lot of the Wales attacks quite well, as they did against Ireland, not over committing but stopping them making yards. Discipline went to shit towards the end of the second half, as they have been prone to before. Can't say I agreed with the red card initially but it was definitely the right decision.

• Upvote 1

Now that France have lost the opportunity to win the Grand Slam it feels like it would just be better to cancel the whole thing and split the prize money equally between all of the teams. By the time the replays are sorted (assuming October) it will be close to the next 6N than this one.

I'm in Newgale west Wales on the weekend, I was going to get some surfing in the morning then watch the game, guess I'll be staying in the sea for the day. 

4 hours ago, Stagger Lee said:

Apparently the entire last round is going to be cancelled!

Source?

I'm due to see Wales beat Scotland at the weekend.

Telegraph originally had the final round down as cancelled. Now they are saying postponed until October.

Sky are reporting the same but are saying Wales Scotland is going ahead...

3 hours ago, Gordzilla said:

Source?

I'm due to see Wales beat Scotland at the weekend.

That game is still i think, others cancelled.

On 7 March 2020 at 21:26, Matt Defis said:

So you are just going to ignore the multiple occasions Wales cleared out beyond the ruck?

Not at all, the ref and his assistants were inconsistent for both teams for the entire game, Parkes should have had a yellow earlier on in the game for a high tackle.

Sensible decision really. 80,000 people from all around Wales converging, getting hammered in a bunch of crammed pubs on St Mary's Street before dispersing back to infect every part of the country could have been disastrous. 

• Upvote 1

So have they called it a season then, or is it another year like foot and mouth with games in the autumn ?

everything lower than Premiership is called a season now. The London 7s has been officially postponed from May, provisionally until September.

Gonna be a bit of a fucking time of it, at the company I work for...

England fans showing their weird upper middle class traits at umbro doing the new England shirts and whining like a bunch of posh man babies, I quite like them.

FB_IMG_1588842474744.jpg

FB_IMG_1588842626737.jpg

FB_IMG_1588842622967.jpg