rllmuk
Rex Grossman

Rugby thread (6 Nations, Heineken Cup etc)

Scotland going to town on Fiji, so many great tries.

Two open and compelling games so far this afternoon

I don’t understand the decision to replace Hartley at halftime. Great game but we aren’t going to win when we can’t win any set pieces.

Wow. I was going to say there haven't been any contentious decisions (barring the English prop (I think) hugging the All black player on the ground off  the ball) but that doesn't look offside to me. 

Be interesting to see how Ireland do against new zealand. If they're competitive then it's shaping up to be a pretty epic world cup...

Actually, wait. Aren't they all supposed to be behind the back foot of the last man in the ruck? In which case he was well offside... Can someone remind me of the rules? And, uh, what just happened because I can't remember now but too busy watching Wales Australia to Google...

The problem with the Lawes offside decision is that the ruck moves just as Lawes starts to move. He looks offside but he is level.

Ireland were great in the first 50 minutes but after that it was nailbiting stuff. Several times it seemed they'd be through only for a green hand to emerge. 

Superb stuff. 

• Upvote 1

On the one hand, yeeeeeeoooooooo Ireland. On the other, we are godawful favorites and this will screw us for both the 6 nations and World Cup. 

• Upvote 1

Just watched the Ireland-NZ game, enthralling game of rugby. The two teams are head and shoulders above everyone at the moment. Hopefully we’ll see a World Cup final with these two in it. 

Amazing that Farrell wasn’t penalised in the Australia game for that tackle. Not sure what the hell is going through referees heads whenever he’s on the field. 

Wales - RSA should be a decent battle. 

• Upvote 1