rllmuk
Rex Grossman

Rugby thread (6 Nations, Heineken Cup etc)

Saturday:

Ireland v Italy, 2:00pm

England v Ospreys*, 4:30pm

Sunday:

Scotland v France, 3:00pm

I think two home wins on Saturday, but the French to triumph in Edinburgh on Sunday.

*Wales are not taking part, hence Five Nations.

I hereby reserve the right to be blindly optimistic at this stage, only to become immensely emo by approximately page 2 of this thread.

Hard to be optimistic when a welsh CLUB* is taking on the entire might of England.

*Third from the bottom of the Celtic League.

Hard to be optimistic when a welsh CLUB* is taking on the entire might of England.

*Third from the bottom of the Celtic League.

I'm more than a little worried about England's chances :lol:

Still, it'll be my 1st 6 nations outside of wales for 5 years! Yay, I'll no longer be killed for being an England fan

Wales aren't playing.

Is it trolling to say you hate Rugby in a Rugby thread :P

Anyway, I'll be forced to watch this as I'll be in the father in laws in Bristol and he's rugger mad. Come on the Ospreys :lol:

Is it trolling to say you hate Rugby in a Rugby thread :P

Anyway, I'll be forced to watch this as I'll be in the father in laws in Bristol and he's rugger mad. Come on the Ospreys :lol:

If it's 3 points v Stoke who cares how the Ospreys do against England? I'll be making a rare trip to Cardiff on Saturday – not that there's any sport in the city that day :P

I'm more than a little worried about England's chances :lol:

You say that, but you'll probably have a phoenix-from-the-ashes moment against us and score 100 points.

Bleh :P

Managed to get tickets for twickenham and am taking my England supporting girlfriend...should be interesting.

The wales team seems worrying at first with all those ospreys but apart from Shanklin and Gethin Jenkins (who will both come on at some stage) i'm not sure I would have picked it much differently.

EDIT:

Actually, I'm not sure about Lee Byrne but can't see many other options there.

I do fear games against England like no other though, they have a nack of tearing us apart at times but I think their new look back row and back three will help us out.

Ospreys-Gavin-Henson-2005-02-05-England.jpg

Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah, Pilgrim through this barren land. I am weak, but Thou art mighty; Hold me with Thy powerful hand. Bread of heaven, bread of heaven, Feed me till I want no more; Feed me till I want no more. :lol:

Ireland, England and France will win, I bet my left bollock on it. I'm really rather excited about england these days. So much talent coming through, and they're good at rugby too! I think I'll blow my biscuits all over the pub if I see Tait, Strettle and Sackey in one move together.

And look at these rankings!

http://www.irb.com/rankings/full.html

Now I know Argentina had a great run in the World Cup and also beat England, but really 3rd is a bit much. Argentina and England should be below the aussies, too much is placed on the world cup.

Now I know Argentina had a great run in the World Cup and also beat England, but really 3rd is a bit much. Argentina and England should be below the aussies, too much is placed on the world cup.

Hmm, not sure about that. But so many new players and coaches now that its largely irrelevant.

Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah, Pilgrim through this barren land. I am weak, but Thou art mighty; Hold me with Thy powerful hand. Bread of heaven, bread of heaven, Feed me till I want no more; Feed me till I want no more. :lol:

Oh man, I read that and could hear in my head a stadium full of supporters singing it, and I got goosebumps.

Cymru am beth.

Six Nations, what six nations? i see 5 nations and a region. I can't see us (Wales) doing very well on Saturday against England especially after what happened at the world cup, Gatland has only had a couple of months to sort a team out. Usually i run on blind faith but the reality is just to plain to see this year, i so hope i'm wrong about all this. I do have faith next year though and know we'll be back to kick arse then.

Another nice thing for England is that from next year we'll have the new coaching regime, where we get proper player release time before internationals. We'll stuff the lot of you then, this time we'll just win :lol:

England must destory Wales to show the stupidity of the proposed picking of Welsh based players only that i heard about, thet just dont have the numbers. Italy Ireland could be very exciting and Scotland could really give the French a game if we keep our heads down and dont let the French run the game, Paterson being on the bench isnt a total catastrophe but is annoying as hes been relegated to kicker pigeonhole and he is so much more than that when given the chance witness his great try against Bath iirc a few weeks ago in a mud bath.