IGNORED

Rllmuk's Official Sales Figures Thread

Boyatsea

It's interesting seeing B@C posting US sales figures showing the PS3 relatively poor software sales figures, why does he rarely post the European sales figures; where after taking a quick look shows the PS3 total software sales ahead of the 360...

Software Totals: Console Weekly (Euro/others) w/e 15 feb 08

DS 735,412

Wii 481,546

PS3 337,345

360 284,710

PS2 54,447

PSP 22,462

Total 1,915,922

The likes of DMC4, Burnout Paradise and Turok have sold more on the PS3 in europe

They (Sony) have a long way to go if they can even get to second place in the US, but it seems as though despite last years arrogance re pricing, they will be making some serious inroads on the 360 if not in America/Canada, definately in Euro/PAL land.

It would be nice to see a balanced view once in a while :lol:

Canadian January Software Rankings. No hardware it seems.

1 (-) 360 - Rock Band Bundle

2 (15) 360 - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock w/ Guitar

3 (2) WII - Wii Play w/ Remote

4 (3) 360 - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

5 (1) WII - Super Mario Galaxy

6 (-) PS3 - Rock Band Bundle

7 (10) PS3 - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

8 (-) WII - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock w/ Guitar

9 (6) DS - Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day

10 (9) DS - New Super Mario Bros.

11 (-) PS3 - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock w/ Guitar

12 (7) PS2 - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock w/ Guitar

13 (4) 360 - Assassin's Creed

14 (-) 360 - Burnout Paradise

15 (-) DS - Mario Party DS

16 (16) 360 - NHL 08

17 (:lol: DS - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

18 (11) WII - Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

19 (-) PS3 - Burnout Paradise

20 (19) PS2 - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

360 - 6

WII - 4

PS3 - 4

DS - 4

PS2 - 2

I can't believe that a US$180 game is at #1!

That's amazing. I totally predicted a flop for that title. Too expensive, needs 4 players, needs a load of physical space etc.

No way, if anything Guitar Hero has proven that expensive, peripheral-based games can be huge hits.

Rockband is just the next step in that chain. Obviously, I can't see it getting quite as popular as Guitar Hero, but it was obvious that there was a very definite market for the game out there, a market that doesn't mind spending more than usual on their games.

It's interesting seeing B@C posting US sales figures showing the PS3 relatively poor software sales figures, why does he rarely post the European sales figures; where after taking a quick look shows the PS3 total software sales ahead of the 360...

I used to post them every week.

Then got shouted down by people saying they were even less reliable than VG's U.S. estimates - which they usually are. So I tend to just post the UK figures these days. But I'm not your Daddy - you don't have to rely on me to post figures for you. You're perfectly capable to bring other estimates to the table, it seems.

I can't believe that a US$180 game is at #1!

The caveat is that this particular Canadian chart maybe ranked by $$$ generated, rather than units sold (as there are no numbers mentioned), so Rockband could sell 1/2 of the units, but still be 1st (as some people enquired on the GAF thread).

Is it NPD? They tend to go by units sold alone.

Having looked at the relative position of Wii Play and the last time the Canadian chart actually had units mentioned, I'd say the guy on GAF who mentioned it was ranked by revenue is wrong, impressive for Rockband then, though it would be nice to know how many units it actually sold to get there. It looks like NPD Canada is scaling back the data they are willing to provide for free to the public, shame.

TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - INDIVIDUAL FORMATS (UNITS), WEEK ENDING 23 February 2008

LW TW Title Format Label Publisher

- 1 MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES (WII) SEGA SEGA
1 2 MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES (DS) SEGA SEGA
4 3 DR KAWASHIMA'S BRAIN TRAINING (DS) NINTENDO NINTENDO
3 4 WII PLAY (WII) NINTENDO NINTENDO
10 5 GAME PARTY (WII) MIDWAY MIDWAY
- 6 UNREAL TOURNAMENT III (PS3) MIDWAY MIDWAY
26 7 COOKING MAMA 2 (DS) 505 GAMES 505 GAMES
2 8 DEVIL MAY CRY 4 (XB360) CAPCOM CAPCOM
8 9 MORE BRAIN TRAINING FROM DR KAWASHIMA (DS) NINTENDO NINTENDO
17 10 SIGHT TRAINING (DS) NINTENDO NINTENDO
7 11 PROFESSOR KAGEYAMA'S MATHS TRAINING (DS) NINTENDO NINTENDO
5 12 TUROK (XB360) TOUCHSTONE DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS
11 13 CARNIVAL: FUNFAIR GAMES (WII) 2KPLAY TAKE 2
12 14 CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE (XB360) ACTIVISION ACTIVISION
15 15 CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE (PS3) ACTIVISION ACTIVISION
16 16 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. (DS) NINTENDO NINTENDO
19 17 42 ALL-TIME CLASSICS (DS) NINTENDO NINTENDO
9 18 TUROK (PS3) TOUCHSTONE DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS
6 19 DEVIL MAY CRY 4 (PS3) CAPCOM CAPCOM
- 20 FIFA STREET 3 (XB360) EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
20 21 SONIC AND THE SECRET RINGS (WII) SEGA SEGA
21 22 SUPER MARIO GALAXY (WII) NINTENDO NINTENDO
13 23 BURNOUT PARADISE (PS3) EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
22 24 PDC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP DARTS 08 (WII) OXYGEN INTERACTIVE OXYGEN INTERACTIVE
27 25 ASSASSIN'S CREED (XB360) UBISOFT UBISOFT
28 26 ASSASSIN'S CREED (PS3) UBISOFT UBISOFT
- 27 FIFA STREET 3 (PS3) EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
24 28 BIG BRAIN ACADEMY: WII DEGREE (WII) NINTENDO NINTENDO
14 29 BURNOUT PARADISE (XB360) EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
40 30 BIG BRAIN ACADEMY (DS) NINTENDO NINTENDO
32 31 COOKING MAMA (DS) 505 GAMES 505 GAMES
39 32 RATATOUILLE (DS) THQ THQ
31 33 UNCHARTED: DRAKE'S FORTUNE (PS3) SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
35 34 THE SIMPSONS GAME (DS) EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
33 35 FOOTBALL MANAGER 2008 (PC) SEGA SEGA
- 36 COOKING MAMA (WII) 505 GAMES 505 GAMES
25 37 CONFLICT: DENIED OPS (PS3) EIDOS EIDOS
- 38 FINAL FANTASY XII: REVENANT WINGS (DS) SQUARE ENIX SQUARE ENIX EUROPE
37 39 MARIO KART DS (DS) NINTENDO NINTENDO
- 40 SONIC RUSH (DS) SEGA SEGA

DS  - 15
PS3 - 9
Wii - 9
360 - 6
PC - 1

Sega’s ‘Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games’ is the longest serving All Formats No1 so far this year, notching up a third week in total at the top of the chart.

It was boosted last week by a strong second week showing from the DS version, however this week it is renewed stock of the Wii version which helps it hold on to top spot. The Wii version this week accounts for 58% of sales compared to a feeble 7% last week. Sega’s title outsells Activision’s ‘Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare’ at No2 by nearly 4 to 1, while ‘Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training’ moves to its highest All Format Chart position so far this year, up from No7 to No3. There are now 4 Nintendo ‘Training’ games in the All Formats Top 20 - the remaining ones being ‘More Brain Training’ at No15, ‘Sight Training’ at No17 and ‘Maths Training’ at No18. Capcom’s ‘Devil May Cry 4’ slips from No2 to No4 with sales down 54% on last week.

Midway breaks into the All Formats Top 10 with ‘Game Party’ for Wii up from No15 to No6 in its second week and ‘Unreal Tournament III’ is a re-entry at No9 - new on PS3 this week. Midway now has 2 All Formats Top 10 games this week, the same number as both Nintendo and EA. EA’s ‘FIFA Street 3’ debuts outside the Top 10 at No11 (the original debuted at No3, while FIFA Street 2 debuted at No1), while ‘Cooking Mama 2’ (+89%) is hotting up, rising from No33 to No12 in its second week of release. There is only one other Top 40 new entry this week – Sega’s ‘Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity’ at No37.

Chart Track

That's amazing. I totally predicted a flop for that title. Too expensive, needs 4 players, needs a load of physical space etc.

I know someone who is buying it just to play by himself. More disposable income than sense, I reckon. There are probably others in the same boat. I could barely justify buying Guitar Hero, let alone something like Rock Band.

They may be ropey, but I think we can put the idea that third party games don't sell on the Wii to bed now.

That's probably the best catch-all definition of the type of non-Nintendo game that is selling on the Wii at the moment :wub:

And the UK's love affair with crap Sonic games continues unabated, it's even keeping Super Mario Galaxy at bay :rolleyes::(

They may be ropey, but I think we can put the idea that third party games don't sell on the Wii to bed now.

Don't be silly we will need to add in some new conditions now. Like only 'third party games that my grandmother plays' sell well on the Wii. :rolleyes: