IGNORED

Rllmuk's Official Sales Figures Thread

Boyatsea

I'll be rolling out Sonic and Mario whenever I hear the same old '3rd party software doesn't sell' argument.

Man - 7 out of the top 10 UK games are Nintendo games. I don't know what to do. Just a few years ago, it was a crushing low point - almost destituation for dedicated Nintendo fanboys like myself. Coming round to the harsh reality that Nintendo might go software only and do a Sega. Now - it's just happened too fast. I can't cope with the speed of it all. Not only are they on top - but they're on top worldwide with both their consoles and Sega have a number 1 as an exclusive on a Nintendo platform.

I'm going to have to go and have a lie down...

using the wiimote to spin is infinitely better than pressing a button, and yes - there's parts where that pointer becomes much more vital - grabbing stars for a start.

oh - and what about metroid and wii sports?

If Nintendo only made software, we wouldn't have had the wii - we wouldn't have had a huge shift towards making games more accessible. The PS3 and 360 would've fought over the same hardcore crowd until there was no one left and the gamesindustry would've imploded under it's own weight...

... or something like that.

using the wiimote to spin is infinitely better than pressing a button, and yes - there's parts where that pointer becomes much more vital - grabbing stars for a start.

oh - and what about metroid and wii sports?

If Nintendo only made software, we wouldn't have had the wii - we wouldn't have had a huge shift towards making games more accessible. The PS3 and 360 would've fought over the same hardcore crowd until there was no one left and the gamesindustry would've imploded under it's own weight...

... or something like that.

A real Nintendo fan would have enough faith in the company to know they could make good games on any hardware.

When you look back now what seemed like (debateable) mistakes for Nintendo (bad relationships with third party publishers, N64, Cube) where in fact them just taking a breathe, or downing a bit of medicine for this unbelievable comeback

They're looking like they will dominate in the UK like they never managed before with a home machine

If they didnt have Pokemon or the GBA to fall back on the time I could see it happening.

That's like saying Microsoft would be fucked without Windows and Office.

But then the GC didnt do all that badly? I seem to recall they were making a profit pretty much from the off for each unit sold.

The only time I heard that Nintendo weren't making a profit was when they decided to remove the component output from the machine.

While Nintendo's comeback is great for the Nintendo fans, the fact that software quality dosent appear to matter to their new audience is a concern. Sure, Wii Sports was good, but I hear Mario & Sonic is'nt & yet it's selling loads.

If the new adience the Wii is drawing in is'nt concerned about software quality, why should the developers?

While Nintendo's comeback is great for the Nintendo fans, the fact that software quality dosent appear to matter to their new audience is a concern. Sure, Wii Sports was good, but I hear Mario & Sonic is'nt & yet it's selling loads.

If the new adience the Wii is drawing in is'nt concerned about software quality, why should the developers?

That's always been the case though.

Its certainly looking pretty good for Nintendo this Christmas, I don't quite understand where these 200k DS sale reports for last week are coming from though.

Christmas No. 1 will be very interesting, theres a chance Mario and Sonic can cling onto it but its surely more likely to end up as one of the EA franchises.