IGNORED

Breaking Bad

futureshock

One episode a week just inst enough!

Hal from Malcolm in the Middles transformation is something on par with Ben Kingsley going from Gandhi to that guy in Sexy Beast tbh!

I know a bloke, who knows a bloke who knows a bloke - you know this bloke.

Do I?

This is a bloke you know...

I don't know how this slipped under my radar. I've just started on series 1 and although it is bizarrely censored for language and tits (seeing a semi dissolved corpse is OK, "God damn!" isn't?) it's pretty ace.

Squinting past spoilers it seems there is still enthusiasm for this into series 2, so I'll get my torrents ready for that :(

There's only one episode of season 2 that has anything censored and it's only one 'fuck' in episode 6. They were only allowed one bleeped out swear word in season 2. They said it on the podcast a few weeks ago. AMC made them tone it down.

There's no way of getting that episode uncensored either, as the season hasn't aired on anything other than AMC yet, so any release will do.

My season 1 rips where from FX HD encoded by CtrlHD (from HDbits). I'm pretty sure they are un-censored (there is no beeping out swearwords or pixelating (semi-)nudity)

For season 2 I'm just downloading the normal 1.1GB scene releases in 720p HD or the iTunes webrips, whichever arrives first.

My HD rips are from AMC HD, are they censored?

Most definitely. Watch episode 1 again. In the scene where Walter quits his job, he tells his boss to go fuck himself twice. If they're censored, you'll just have a blank where the word fuck would be.

I'm reading on wikipedia about the writer's strike, the fact that there should have been 9 episodes in series 1 and about mini webisodes.

Can I go right from s1e07 to s2e01 or should I track down these webisodes?

I'm reading on wikipedia about the writer's strike, the fact that there should have been 9 episodes in series 1 and about mini webisodes.

Can I go right from s1e07 to s2e01 or should I track down these webisodes?

You can go straight through.

The webisodes aren't important at all, really, but if you are bothered, just make sure to watch them as close to the end of series one as you can.

Anyone listen to the podcasts I mentioned last week? 211 is up and it's another great one. They spend a lot of time talking about licensing music, how it's done and all the complications that go with it. It was very interesting.I never knew it before but someone actually owns the copyright to that "Happy Birthday" song that everyone has had sung to them multiple times throughout their lives. They had to pay a shitload of money to use it in that one short scene. The same guy bought up the rights to "Winter Wonderland" as well. What a wanker!

'Happy Birthday' is famously ridiculous in terms of licensing.

I am too drunk to bother looking it up right now, but I think a few old ladies dreamed it up in the early 20th century and from then on it had to be paid for to be used. If a film or a TV show has a happy birthday scene in it with 'the song', you know that the budget involved was massive.

I need to start listening to those. Do they sync up with the episodes like a commentary track or can you listen to them without the show playing?

No, they're seperate from the episodes, they don't sync up whatsoever. Although they do run through all of the notable scenes, they usually get sidetracked. It's just one of the editors(the host), the creator of BB Vince Gilligan and whatever guests they have on each week talking about what went into the making of the episode at hand. They're of varying length, too. Anything between 30 and 50 minutes long.

I hope they get Bryan Cranston on one of the final 2 podcasts left. He's the only major castmember that hasn't been on it yet.