rllmuk
futureshock

Breaking Bad

2 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

I think he might have been exaggerating for comic effect. 

You can't blame them, the subtlety of my sarcasm was really difficult to detect.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

Well that was a bit 7/10.

Enjoyable enough and a nice enough epilogue for Jesse but nowhere near as unpredictable as the main series. Plus the vacuum man again - really?

I forgot this was released today - surprised I didn’t get any notifications, Netflix normally fires off at least one a day. 

Same, but if you pull up the search menu I’m seeing it as a “popular search”. 

Bizzarely, if I type in “El Camino” it doesn’t find it! Maybe they’re trying to make it difficult to find until it’s a sensible time in America?

Im watching it now, it’s definitely there. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Popo said:

Same, but if you pull up the search menu I’m seeing it as a “popular search”. 

Bizzarely, if I type in “El Camino” it doesn’t find it! Maybe they’re trying to make it difficult to find until it’s a sensible time in America?

Im watching it now, it’s definitely there. 

Got it, thanks.

For real? I enjoyed it a lot. I loved the western influences and the caper narrative. Not at all what I was expecting, a much tighter, compact story, but all the more satisfying for it. 

The super-widescreen photography made the whole thing look gorgeous, especially the expansive shots of nature. Highlight was clearly...

Spoiler

The Mexican standoff in the auto repair garage - Jesse is one bad hombre! 

Two thumbs up from me, but then I like Better Call Saul more than Breaking Bad itself. 

• Upvote 3

Not sure what the point of this was.

Spoiler

It’s obviously a slickly produced feature and it had some nice cameos, but it really didn’t add anything to the Breaking Bad story.

Jesse Plemons looks like a different person too.

• Upvote 1

I thought it was a nice epilogue to a great story, as Jesse was always my favourite character it was good to get some closure on his story. Would have liked some more Badger and Skinny Pete though haha!

• Upvote 3

Yeah, this was a nice send off to the show. Reminds me of what I loved Breaking Bad so much in the first place. It's a great epilogue to Jesse's arc. 

• Upvote 3

I really liked it. I want more.

A few good twists though I was expecting some more high octane entertainment.

oh Did anyone spot someone PUT ON SOME SERIOUS BEEF!! In the time since the show ended?

Also skinny Pete in real life is 48. Now it makes sense why he looks like that lol

• Downvote 1

I viewed this the same way I viewed the series as a whole. If I discovered it for myself, or watched it from a personal recommendation it was amazing. But it’s Breaking Bad, and that tired joke about how middle class/middle aged white people wont shut up about how great it is would seem to apply. See also the Wire etc. Speaking as a member of that group.

i don’t regret spending 2 hours with it. Put that on the poster.

I'm obsessed with

Spoiler

Todd's flat, apart from the primary colours on the furniture. Him keeping that dead kid's tarantula was such a creepy touch.

Nice to see a few old faces in this and Jesse being able to have his fresh start in the end.

• Upvote 2

Really enjoyed it. Very slick, beautifully shot, Jesse was brilliant. Absolutely none of that came as a surprise of course, but it was great being back in BB land for a couple of hours.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

I enjoyed this, pointlessness notwithstanding.

Just to clarify -

Hide contents

How did the police and press know that Jesse had been at the Nazi camp? Did he write his name on his cell wall or something?

I may be remembering wrong but didn't Walt have a letter in his jacket for when he went into the compound?

26 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Hide contents

They must have worked pretty fast then, he was announced on the news about an hour after he escaped.

Don't forget he was a known associate of Walter who was found dead at the scene, and would have had his name all over the case notes that Hank must have been keeping, and it was known that he had grassed up Todd and his uncle's gang on video ...

And most importantly of all, the plot requires that the police be actively hunting him or it wouldn't have been very dramatic. 

Spoiler

Having slept on this, I'm coming round to the idea that it was actually quite brilliant. "What will Jesse do now?" was undoubtedly the biggest question left unanswered by the series. It was great seeing Todd back doing his nice guy/cold-blooded killer thing again, even if it was a bit funny how he'd somehow aged 10 years.

I did get a bit annoyed with Jesse being so willing to hand over every last penny he had to Hoover Repair Guy, just for a lift to Alaska in a hidden compartment in a truck. But apart from that, this was a really nice epilogue to the show. 

It did feel a bit contrived in that the story was a setup for a series of scenes featuring cameos but thankfully it at least had the same vibe as BB. Like has been said, it's really a epilogue. Only problem I had is that it's a Red Dead Redemption 2 style epilogue when really I wanted a Uncharted 4 style epilogue.

Watched last night. Felt like an extended BB episode. I enjoyed the closure but don't think it was necessary as I enjoyed the ambiguity of the final episode. Still, was worth a watch and passed a Friday evening