Yeah, amazing that they've gone straight into Walt and Hank squaring off. When the garage door started coming down I just thought "fuuuuuuuuck! They're doing it".

After "Tread lightly", second-best bit in the episode was when Saul's bodyguard sat up to attention when his door opened :lol:

So I'm 5 episodes into the first series.

Enjoying it so far, although the wife irritates me. I've avoided any spoilers and not read anything about how the plot develops so looking forward to finding out. I'm guessing him and Mr Eminem-a-like get together and start churning out the bad stuff like there's no tomorrow. I hope so, as I think the scene has been properly set now - I want some juicy action.

Well that was incredible. Still looks amazing on Netflix too, and I've only just noticed that the Android app's Chromecast features work with the existing Netflix TV and PS3 apps. I happened to look at my phone halfway through and it was displaying the controls on the lock screen. :)

And yeah, that final scene was electric. That final threat was quite a shock too after Walt had been playing the victim.

One week! :omg:

Just watched S05E09

In the final scene when Hank reels off what bad things Walt has done to him personally, it's quite clear that Hank has taken this badly. When Hank spits 'Don't give a shit about family", you know this is going to get messy....

Love that they've not dithered around in getting everything moving.

So I'm 5 episodes into the first series.

Enjoying it so far, although the wife irritates me. I've avoided any spoilers and not read anything about how the plot develops so looking forward to finding out. I'm guessing him and Mr Eminem-a-like get together and start churning out the bad stuff like there's no tomorrow. I hope so, as I think the scene has been properly set now - I want some juicy action.

When I watched first time around, the first series didn't entirely convince me, but the second was an absolute ball buster, emotionally, viscerally, every which way. If that doesn't grab you, then nothing will.

Currently up to the last few episodes of season 4 in my intensive rewatch, having only started when the Netflix arrangement was announced, and I don't think there is another show which is so lean, so focused, so well paced, so brilliantly designed with the use of contrasting and brilliant colour (the red / yellow / black versus blue sky / meth), everything else just pales in comparison. I don't think there is an ounce of fat anywhere to be seen, and lots of little details it is easy to miss. This time around I think the utter ruthlessness of WW right from the get go Is much more apparent, with Jesse and Skyler being much more sympathetic characters.

I'm going to slowdown now and savour the remaining episodes.

The Shield & Breaking Bad spoilers:

Anyone else think they might do something similar as Vic Mackey on the Shield. IE, everyone else suffers at his hands but he escapes the law (and in Walt's case, cancer) but is led to leave a miserable existence?

Argh I can't stop thinking about this. Now I have a crazy theory...

Anyone think there is a possibility of Skyler killing Hank?

Exactly what I was thinking watching it:

She's clearly 'taken' to the power somewhat (Lydia), and besides, we all know how much she values family. My basic reaction throughout was HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT

Incredible.

I just finished my re watch of the entire show, ready for tomorrow, and....

Walt would never have left that book there. Never. It really does stick out like the forced plot device it so obviously is.

People make such basic mistakes all the time. It's totally plausible.

Regarding that moment at the end of last season's finale...

On TalkingBad last night there was a bit where Cranston mentioned that he proposed another way that scene could have played out but it was turned down. His idea (Which I love) is that there wasn't any toilet roll and that's why Hank starts looking behind him at the books/magazines. I think that would have been much more plausible? I agree with Smitty, I can totally believe Walt forgetting that minor detail even after being so careful for 5 seasons. I prefer that they did it in this small and uncool way instead of it being a big blown up reveal from the result of a big mistake. Making it a small silly thing somehow makes it feel more human.

That was pretty damn good.

Did anyone notice...

How Walt was acting like Gus at the garage.

Kept noticing this as well. Walt at the carwash behind the counter echoing Gus behind the counter at Los Pollos Hermanos, Walt's scene in the toilet puking echoing Gus at the cartel party puking (complete with towel to protect the knees!). Lot's of echoes showing Walt is well on his way to becoming Gus