Are Virgin no more giving away the Dead Rising Faceplate when you preorder the game ?

Ahh yeah now you come to mention it they are. I was erronious earlier in the thread. You must pre-order though.

HMV are selling the tinned version.

You're a stupid.

Thanks.

For.

That.

;)

Did you agree with that Doom review in Edge?

Don't read Edge, what we talking about here?

I just found that without any real objectives, the game seems a tad aimless. Lots of fun mind, but a tad aimless. I'd have thought Capcom might have included a full level/task so we could see how progression through the story affects the gameplay. So as a demo it's put me off slightly, I'll have to rent it first.

Having said that, frying pan + zombie face = :(

EDIT:

Thing is, that's all they've let you do in this demo. Kill zombies in amusing ways and dress up. There is nothing there from the wider game, the story of the whole thing - except, of course, the numerous ending cut scenes you get when wandering off. For what it is and what it does, it's brilliant. I wouldn't judge the entire game on it though as I'm sure this is barely the tip of the iceberg in terms of content.

This is what I find strange - why didn't they include something from the wider game? The game's out next month so it's all been written, as it is the demo isn't really a fair reflection of the game. Odd decision.

8/10 on 1up. Their problems were character models not detailed enough and an odd saving/game structure. And that was pretty much it, they didn't seem to complain about it getting repetetive. In fact they said it was very inventive.

The complaint about the character models seems a bit silly really. I mean, look how fucking many of them there are! They look fine to me, and it never slows down (at least, not in the demo, so I imagine the same is of the full game). The save mechanism described sounds like Majora's Mask, which I guess is the only way to actually do the full 3 day repetition thing.

The complaint about the character models seems a bit silly really. I mean, look how fucking many of them there are! They look fine to me, and it never slows down (at least, not in the demo, so I imagine the same is of the full game). The save mechanism described sounds like Majora's Mask, which I guess is the only way to actually do the full 3 day repetition thing.

Yeah, Frank himself (and the other NPC's it seems) is very detailed, down to the stubble on his chin.

Played for a while this morning. It' looks lovely, sounds lovely and plays lovely. I can see myself having a lot of fun with this demo (and the final game eventually).

Probably, but it sticks out like a sore thumb in that case.

Having watched the video review, I'm more than happy there'll be enough variety/objectives to keep me interested.

Shame the demo is time limited, given only a small area is available - I'd like the option to completely clear out all the zombies in that area!

Probably, but it sticks out like a sore thumb in that case.

Having watched the video review, I'm more than happy there'll be enough variety/objectives to keep me interested.

Shame the demo is time limited, given only a small area is available - I'd like the option to completely clear out all the zombies in that area!

You can't - they respawn continuously. I've got about 500 kills in the fifteen minutes tho :(

Roll on the 55,000 zombie kills achievment! ;)

EDIT: Just having a quick go this morning, has anyone worked out why I'm accidentally doing rolls every now and again? It seems like they happen randomly, when I'm not even pressing anything! ;)

Guest BigBlackCat

Not all all, no. It'll be rubbish. Guaranteed.

I'd like to point out, after playing the Xbox Live Demo and seeing the amount of ways you can use each weapon, the vast increase of zombie models and basic overall brilliant gameplay how very very small minded and idiotic that remark was.

Is it just me or are the skateboards more a tool for getting *into* trouble than out of it? I tend to plough through a group of zombies and make it about 4 zombies in before my skateboard disappears and I'm left in the middle of an angry crowd?

Absolutely, I've done that many times already then had to fight my way out. :D

I think what elevates this game is nice touches like when the main character (forgot his name) staggers around after getting munched upon by zombies, the weightyness(?) of hitting zombies, the zombies reaction to weapons, multiple use for weapons/objects and the option to expand the characters moves.

Try throwing a hunting knife into a zombie -_- I tried getting one to sick into a zombies head with no luck so far it'll be a shame if it cannot be done.

Below is an image of the whole mall showing where the area the demo is limited to

EDIT: Tried enclosing the image in spolier tags but it did not work so you can click on the link below.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b223/mjp.../attachment.jpg

Try throwing a hunting knife into a zombie -_- I tried getting one to sick into a zombies head with no luck so far it'll be a shame if it cannot be done.

Fairly sure I've managed this. I love the hunting knives - so plentiful and they rip through zombies a treat. Not quite as good as the cleaver, but a damn sight more common.

I'm not sure that it means much at this stage but I was up on one of the elevated flower beds and a zombie with a building hat was climbing up to get at me and was protected by his helmet from my handgun shots to some extent as the bullets looked like they were being deflected.

Throwing the shopping trolley down the stairs is a good laugh, as is chucking all the furniture down from the cafe in the second floor to the ground.

I think this game will be aces in a GTA style, where you can stick to the missions to progress through the game or just mess around with the zombies, seeing what things you can do with them.

I was actually laughing with delight while playing the demo - have wanted to play this game ever since I first saw Dawn of the Dead 20 odd years ago.

Just goes to show what a bit of love of source materieal and imagination can do with a game... and how utterly devoid of character, inspiration or joy Saints Row is.

The Jill's Sandwich restaurant had me laughing loud last night, even more when I found a frying pan and went Sam Gamgi on the zombies :D

I'm glad Capcom is back making great original games with quality, between that and Lost Planet the X360 suddenly is looking lovely -_-