So I caved and downloaded the demo. I'm glad I did because its bloody amazing. Its easily the most pure fun game I've played in ages and has the potential to be the best zombie game ever.

I've played the demo through about 8 times now and found something new in every play through. On my most recent play of the demo I found the handgun and the samurai sword, fucking brilliant game.

I'm hyped for this game even more now, which means the month or so wait for the release of this will be all the more excrutiating. Roll on September.

So I caved and downloaded the demo. I'm glad I did because its bloody amazing. Its easily the most pure fun game I've played in ages and has the potential to be the best zombie game ever.

I've played the demo through about 8 times now and found something new in every play through. On my most recent play of the demo I found the handgun and the samurai sword, fucking brilliant game.

I'm hyped for this game even more now, which means the month or so wait for the release of this will be all the more excrutiating. Roll on September.

You old risk taker you!

Seems they fucked (a part of?) Holland over :)

I've created a fake account and it's downlaoding now. Can't wait.

Yes, it seems they did it again, just like with the Oblivion mods. But having a fake American (mine lives on Times Square 1) and Japanese account is always handy. The Ridge Racer demo was (is?) only available on the American marketplace, for example, and there's going to be a Tenchu: Senran demo on the Japanese marketplace.

One thing that's a bit concerning is it says after you complete it you can unlock rare items by downloading "keys" from XBL. Are we expected to *pay* for these keys or will they be things that are unlocked over time?

They "keys" for Ridge Racer were free.

I believe Keys are always intended to be free - they're released later to keep people interested in (and talking about) the game for longer. A good thing, I think - it's nice to wake up and find a new thing available for your games.

Sublime, just sublime :)

My favourite weapon so far is the skateboard but getting hold of some gems is fun. Pelting the zombies with them is cool!

I couldn't find much health though. What gives you more HP?

Pies are in the cafe upstairs.

In the sandwich shop downstairs there are baguettes and ornage juice. Orange juice is by far the best.

Throw some cardboard boxes around and you'll uncover some baking ingredients. Mix them in a blender in the cafe upstairs with either the pies or baguettes or ornage juice (or maybe all together, I haven't tried all the combinations yet) and not only is your health filled but you get special powers like deadly spit or invincibility.

There are also some snacks hidden in the grass in the little islands in the mall.

Just found out my 360 owning mate has to study for an exam so no chance of getting a look at this for at least a week now :( Hmmm wonder if I can talk him into lending me his machine for the week..........

Say that you'll be doing him a favour by keeping him away from the 360 while he's supposed to be revising :)

Yes, and where's the handgun, too?

Theres 2 policemen zombies carrying them near the entrance to the courtyard. A quick flying kick will knock the guns out of their hands.

Each one has 30 shots, headshots kill instantly, takes about 2-4 body shots to kill them otherwise.

You can load up on the guns aswell, I collected 4 of them then stood on the fountain thing and sniped the shit out of the hordes.

The handgun is really satisfying to use imo, more so than the shotgun, and the Resi 4 type camera when aiming with the trigger is brilliant.

List of weapons included in the demo:

Boomerang

Handgun

Shotgun

Gems

Guitar

Scythe

Sledgehammer

Shopping Cart

Small Plant

Medium Plant

Large Plant

CD's

Book

Toy Sword

Lego Mask

Horse Head Mask

Jewels

Pie

Bread

Orange Juice

Bench

Chair

Bar Stool

Frying Pan

Frying Pan (heated)

Golf Club

Skateboard

Katana

Hunting Knife

Cleaver

Hunk of Meat

Bowling Ball

Baseball Bat

Hanger

Soda Cans

Flour

Cooking Oil

Condiments

Water Gun

Night Stick

Sub Machine Gun

Shop Sign

Bucket

Push Broom

As for the Submachine gun:

The SMG is on a blue awning. To reach it, go to the staircase closest to the red awning where you find the katana. On your way up the staircase, you can jump off to an awning on the right. Follow it all the way down to find an SMG with 100 bullets.

I prefer the shotgun, it feels meatier, can blow off limbs and anhilates the fuck out of groups. It's no RE4 boomstick mind.

The handgun is fun and accurate but a bit weedy, I'm hoping there's magnum of some kind in the full game. BOOM headshot and etc.

Mine downloaded surprisingly fast. Anyway, I've only played through it the once and haven't really used much in the way of the different weapons other than the shotgun and the sledgehammer. Will get stuck into it again in a bit.

The graphics look a lot nicer than in the videos. Took me by surprise to be honest. I like the title screen which consists of that one shot of zombies making their way to the shopping centre overlaid with creepy music.

The demo captures that zombie movie feel whereby if you get too complacent, thinking these slow witted undead are easy meat, you'll suddenly find a stray one cutting loose from the pack and bearing down on you at speed as you turn around.

Downloaded it and played it three times

It is fecking great fun :( - It is like Devil May Cry 3 + Buffy + Resident Evil 4 = Dead Rising. (Already ordered Limited Edtion at Play.com)

It is one of few non sport/racing games I am looking forward on XBOX 360.

If Microsoft want to sell the game and XBOX 360, they should tip off Daily Mail :)