rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Landshead

Friday Night with Jonathan Ross

I agree, they should get someone in to replace him temporarily. The BBC are showing Speed as a replacement tonight, for the ten people in Britain who haven't seen it yet.

I notice they've even taken down the repeats from iPlayer. Incredible. It's like thought-crime or something.

Crap, I was going to watch the repeat "one more time" before not seeing it again for a long time.

I give my hard-earned money to those cunts.

what about the bald bloke with a mustache who does all the film stuff on BBC news 24? He's been around since the days of Bazza.

He is a terrible presenter though. Kermode would be the best replacement. In fact he should do it permanently as Ross' interviews on the programme are horrible.

He is a terrible presenter though. Kermode would be the best replacement. In fact he should do it permanently as Ross' interviews on the programme are horrible.

Wasn't Kermode offered the job a few years back but turned it down as he wouldn't be able to do the type of interviews he'd want?

I'd not heard that but I can believe it. Still, he co-hosts the Culture Show now so he might not be that averse to doing such a show (as long as he didn't have to brown nose all the guests). Actually the biggest programme with Film 200X isn't so much the sycophantic interviews it is the fact after said interview he never then reviews the film.

That andrew collins chap would be another candidate for film 09, I would have thought.

I can't stand Jonathan Ross but the overreaction to all this has been mental.

That andrew collins chap would be another candidate for film 09, I would have thought.

nah I believe it shows that even if your a powerful celebrity and you do something like that then you deserve to be punished. Ross is way overpayed anyways

and Russell Brand is still a drugged up mess, jeez he makes a living from being a crazy fool

I always quite enjoyed Ross on Film 08. He always seems enthusiastic, especially when he had a star of director on, so I'll give him that, and wasn't afraid of expressing a variety of opinions.

...and Russell Brand is still a drugged up mess...

The same Russell Brand who has abstained from drug use since 2003 and is now a patron of the addiction charity Focus 12?

Okay, who's for getting that amazing bellend Mark Cousins back from the depths of audience tolerance to front the show ;-)

I'm thinking of the right guy, the Scottish guy who used to do scene-by-scene and spend half the interviews with his tongue all the way upside each of the film legends' sigmoid colon?

He makes Kermode look down to earth and approachable by comparison.

Has Chris Morris been commissioned by the Guardian to write a piece/spoof on all of this?

Let's just cut to the chase shall we? We all know it's time for a UK version of Siskel/Roper & Ebert.

So lets do that -

Cookie & Morrison.

I really enjoyed the first episode of Live at the Apollo (the programme that's replaced Jonathan Ross, so yes, it's sorta on-topic). Rich Hall was the best, of course (yep, he got a Moe From The Simpsons reference in there), but Michael McIntyre and Rhod Gilbert were also funny.

but Michael McIntyre and Rhod Gilbert were also funny.

I'm sorry, I refuse to believe this is true. The smug cunt look he gives after telling each 'joke' makes me want to punch the screen.