Shooting Stars

That new bloke is very naturally funny and could turn out to be the best thing about this new series.

Totally agree with that.

What can I say, I was expecting it to be shit and it made me laugh! Far far better than the one off special they did.

I liked the Xmas special, but I watched the new one last night and thought it was absolute drivel. Despite being the first episode of a new series, it felt incredibly tired; it felt like one of the later shows from previous seasons, where clearly nobody could be arsed at all.

They need to get rid of all the old running jokes. "Uvavu" and all that have pretty much been in the show since 1993; people must be sick of all that, surely.

I felt the opposite. The Christmas one was a bit forced whereas this one was just like the old show. It was always patchy and ramshackle - just like everything they do. But I honestly felt this one captured the old atmosphere very well.

I liked the Xmas special, but I watched the new one last night and thought it was absolute drivel. Despite being the first episode of a new series, it felt incredibly tired; it felt like one of the later shows from previous seasons, where clearly nobody could be arsed at all.

They need to get rid of all the old running jokes. "Uvavu" and all that have pretty much been in the show since 1993; people must be sick of all that, surely.

Erranous. Or anyway, I liked it. The show was always a bit patchy.

Preferred the xmas special/documentary, but it wasn't bad.

Has that Angelos guy been in anything else?

One weakness is that Ulrika and (particularly) Jack Dee are boring captains.

And Vic and Bob are physically struggling to do frenetic Big Night Out/Smell of... stuff any more. It would be nice if they could get another Catterick-esque show, slower, character-driven stuff with amazing writing. But just having them regularly on telly again is good.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Always makes me :hat: