rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
moosegrinder

The Club

Only sixteen pages to this thread, whats wrong with you gentlemen, this game is amazing and I had to pay full price for it because by the time I got to game the #20.00 deal was over. The insane mode is a bit tough though. Character of choice at the moment is Renwick

Not tried the multiplayer. Will do this weekend maybe.

To clear up some stat confusion, I asked on the Bizarre forum about them. This is a quote from Ben who I think is a dev guy

Strength is the number of bullets you can take before keeling over.

Speed is the speed of your movement (turning, straight line, and dashing).

Stamina is the amount of time you can sustain a dash.

That's......backwards.

Not tried the multiplayer. Will do this weekend maybe.

To clear up some stat confusion, I asked on the Bizarre forum about them. This is a quote from Ben who I think is a dev guy

That's......backwards.

Doesn't that make Stamina almost worthless? Nemo has the lowest stamina - but I can't remember ever running out of 'Dash Power'. Also having a high speed mitigates against a low stamina, as you will get to your next objective quicker anyway.

Weird!

The online on this seems to be dying rather quickly - is it just due to the American market not getting it yet ? Played last night and it took a while to get a full room (ranked game) even though 3 of us had all joined it together and when the game started there were people who couldn't see each other and all sorts of strange behaviour - seems to be linked to NAT settings.

A shame :unsure:

Quick question, how do you get a "Headshot Heaven"? I get told it occasionally but usually it's just "Headshot".

It's 5 headshots in a row I think. However, you must not hit any other part of an enemy at all as this resets the multiplier, even if the killing shot was to the head. You are free to miss enemies or hit skullshots, as this does not reset the multiplier.

The online on this seems to be dying rather quickly - is it just due to the American market not getting it yet ? Played last night and it took a while to get a full room (ranked game) even though 3 of us had all joined it together and when the game started there were people who couldn't see each other and all sorts of strange behaviour - seems to be linked to NAT settings.

A shame ;)

Yanks get it today, I think.

I got my first ever headshot heaven tonight ;)

Some ace touches on here which I hadn't noticed before. The environmental damage - the pillars I was hiding behind were getting ripped to shreds by gunfire, a nice effect. Also, in level 2 if you shoot the guy in the bell-tower when he's firing his bazooka, the whole tower collapes, bringing the bell crashing down into the courtyard with a massive clang :lol:

A bit late perhaps, but i logged into the playstation store for the first time in ages and downloaded this, it's really quite fun! how's the full game? Just a repetition of what's in the demo? Anyone still playing it?

I might have to import this one :)

I picked it up for tuppence the other day and -while I've only played the first few levels- I'm enjoying it a lot in a B-movie way. The game is very 'narrow' by this generations standards but what's there is done so well - I especially enjoy the contrast between the headlong rush of the normal levels and the straight seige gunfights of the survival ones. I can't see it having legs though -anyone still giving it time?

I had a blast with this over the summer. But it's very arcadey - so not much longevity to be had.

I was going for some of the achievements, but like moosy said - they require OCD levels of dedication; replaying the same level over & over & over, shaving seconds off your time or increasing your multiplier that fraction higher. Which frankly wasn't my bag.

I had a blast with this over the summer. But it's very arcadey - so not much longevity to be had.

I was going for some of the achievements, but like moosy said - they require OCD levels of dedication; replaying the same level over & over & over, shaving seconds off your time or increasing your multiplier that fraction higher. Which frankly wasn't my bag.

There's your longevity right there. :)

I really enjoyed the demo of this (well, i didn't at first until a friend made me realse it was an arcade score attack game) but felt it struggled with 'Ivan Stewarts Off Road Racing demo syndrometm' where the full game and it's wealth of levels kills off the interest.

Has someone already suggested that a cutdown version of this be released on XBL and PSN? Reckon it would be no problems to get it on PSN, especially if they got rid of all the video attract stuff. Wonder if SEGA would actually play ball with Activision (seeing as they own Bizarre), in making this happen.

Plus, it would be lovely if it did get re-released online, if they could include the replay mode that they had to be cut from the retail version.

...Wise Fwom Your Gwave!

Hey, I picked this up really cheap today in Toys R Us. £10 quid.

I dabled with it on launch but it came out the same day as DMC4 so got no love really.

Whats the best Character/Gun combo? I always used Renwick in the past.

I bought this in Curry's just after christmas for £5, no idea why I hadn't played it til today. So much fun and very nice variations in the same map, only onto Venice so far but having a blast! Couldn't find any online games whatsoever though.

This is fastly becoming an under rated classic, did anyone see the article on it on Kotaku? I finally got around to picking this up even though I loved it when it came out. Looking forward to some OCD score runs :lol:

Having upgraded my PS3 HDD, I decided to download every demo on there. Most were worryingly shit, but this was bloody AWESOME!

Very intense action game, and very arcadey. So, where can I buy this cheap, and how much can I expect to pay?