IGNORED

January Hip-Hop Recommendations

Calashnikov

Where's Esar gone? Has he done a Daimond D and a Boozy or just got bored of this thread?!

I'm currently listening to Ed O.G & Da Bulldogs - Life Of A Kid In The Ghetto which is quality and features god knows how many samples and beats that I recognise that have been jacked by other producers (Bought for £1.99)

PWL848326.jpg

and Scientists Of Sound - 144 or Bust (bought for 50p!) sounding damn good early UK hiphop.

Anyway checked these out before?

just getting into guy, got a couple of albums out and an E.P, great voice down to earth lyrics no bling bling here

i just feel he is a breath of fresh air, check out the funky shit at the start of this video,

check him out

currently on heavy rotation on my player is... watcha got / uncle Sam / bad ma fucka

Brother Ali...

0704_brotherali.jpg

I prefer hell hath no fury. The second half of lord willin had a lot of fast forward moments and dragged on.

Volume 3 is out soon according to their blog.

9th wonder's new album is out tomorrow in the states:

thewonderyears.jpg

Im trying not to get my hopes up.

The single from Buckshots new album is good, hopefully the Formula will be as good as the Chemistry.

You say that like Lord Willin is better than Hell Hath No Fury. That's ridiculous. Hell Hath No Fury is all killer, no filler. Their best lyrics, the Neptunes' best production. Nice, short and concise. Boom.

Totally agree I love Hell Hath No Fury and apart from a few tracks Lord Willin did nothing for me at all

For me its the best production the Neptunes have ever done, though I admit I am not thier biggest fan but thier work on HHNF was just lovely.

Stan's fucked up. Lord Willin had moments that hinted at genius. Hell Hath No Fury confirmed it. Go back and listen again, Stan. HHNF is some stomped-out modernised Run DMC on coke shit. I'd call it a classic. WITHOUT A DOUBT it's the best straight-up hip-hop that the Neptunes have ever made. 'Momma I'm Sorry,' 'Mr. Me Too,' 'Wamp Wamp,' 'Ride Around Shinin' (oh my god), 'Chinese New Year' and 'Trill' (oh my GAWD), dude. These songs. They're on something else.

I think the problem is they are quite different albums. I did used to think Lord Willin was better, but HHNF is pretty fucking good. I mean come on guys, theres no reason we have to decide this. Lord Willin has that Grindin, When the Last Time, Cot Damn, Famlay Freestyle shit. I mean come on.

In Virginia, them guns go, bang, bang!

But yeh HHNF is reaaally consistent and solid shit. It all good though we don't have to choose. Lets just thank the Neptunes for our daily bread.

I'm just frustrated that some people are looking at HHNF, a non-stop BURNER, as being inferior to Lord Willin, a stop-start, hit or miss, filled-out affair. I want you all to wake up and realise the true dopeness. Collectively, the songs make HHNF a far better album. It's got a fuller sound, it's more complete, it's to the point, it's big and bold. Lord Willin has many dips in form.

Yeah, it's just my opinion and shnit. But go back and check HHNF so hard that you have a big epiphany and suddenly agree with me. It's got a lot of atmosphere through it, which is another thing that I think Lord Willin lacked.

Yeah the structure of Lord Willin is more like typical mainstream albums of the time, like plenty of guest spots, filler and skits etc. HHNF is more like some dope underground record and really ties together as a complete album nicely. It was pretty much the perfect second album when many people expected Clipse to fade into obscurity whilst trying to cash in on the bit of fame they got from "Grindin" etc. Yeh. Really looking forward to their future.

Aesop Rock for free? Fair play!

In Bristol word is we hopefully have Ghostface AND Method Man & Redman coming :wacko:

We definitely have Peanut Butter Wolf next month...oh and also coming soon is a little somethin' somethin' called The Hip Hop Lounge...a load of us heads have got ourselves together with a mission to bring the scene in Bristol together (it's always been pretty cliquey/full of factions, usually not in a good way...and yeah I know Hip Hop's like that anyway)...may sound like some cheesy shit and I've no idea if it will work at all but should it come off it will be dope 'n' positive...anyway, it's early days yet but we're starting with a night at Red Rooms where we're gonna hopefully gather a load of crews together for a big launch jam. It will, of course incorporate all the elements at some stage, hopefully a bit of each at every night, plus open mics etc. Oh and it's a not for profit thing so we ain't doing this for the dollar bill. I know there's no one in Bristol who reads this thread (there was one guy once I'm sure!) but fuck it...now ya know.

What's happened to this thread btw? Why so tiny?