Sangokushi DS 2 (Japanese Import) - OUCH%

Left or Right Ambidextrous Challenge - 59%

Lucky Luke Go West - 60%

Chicken Attack - 21%

My Word Coach - 65%

Hitman Reborn DS Flame Rumble 2 (Japanese import) - 65%

Kouenji Onago Soccer 2 (Japanese Import) - 45%

Runaway 2 Dream of the Turtle - 50%

Freebies: Nintendogs trading cards, tips book and a glow-in-the-dark remote cover thingummy.

And yep, Mark Green is stepping down as editor, "to do Other Things".

Greener! :) Maybe Matthew's due for a promotion, his writing's great and he's been getting all the big reviews. I don't know how these things work, though.

I'll echo what Shoes said above, it's the best thing around by a mile. I wish there was something this good in multi-format.

Jesus, I hope they don't get Tim Weaver back.

Mark's done a fantastic job. It's the best gaming magazine in years; thoroughly depressing it hasn't done better. Everyone on here should buy it.

The new ed's not Tim Weaver.

Do we know it's not doing too well? I don't think it's published an ABC yet.

I wouldn't think it's doing brilliantly though, as hardly any shops seem to stock it.

I've only ever found it in one other newsagents than WHSmiths.

Me too. And the official mag and "NRevolution" or whatever it is get sold everywhere. People are idiots.

are NGamer trustworthy?, 65 for the golden compass actually sounds pretty encouraging.

There was a bit of controversy over Red Steel a while back but I still trust them. Although their scores are, generally, too high IMO, so don't be too encouraged by 65.

There was a bit of controversy over Red Steel a while back but I still trust them. Although their scores are, generally, too high IMO, so don't be too encouraged by 65.

thanks, i did think that i was probably being unduly optimistic after the grilling that the 360 version seems to be getting.

I just find their scores too inconsistent to be able to take much notice of them.

My other complaint about NGamer is that whenever I see the advert for the Official Nintendo Magazine in NGamer's pages I'm always struck by how superior the cover of the former looks - and that's without taking into consideration NGamer's dodgy choice of cover games such as Far Cry and Boogie. I'm still not feeling the Super Play nostalgia I want to from it.

I'd like to see the new editor address these two issues and leave the rest of the mag as it is.

My other complaint about NGamer is that whenever I see the advert for the Official Nintendo Magazine in NGamer's pages I'm always struck by how superior the cover of the former looks - and that's without taking into consideration NGamer's dodgy choice of cover games such as Far Cry and Boogie. I'm still not feeling the Super Play nostalgia I want to from it.

Whenever I see the ONM advert I'm always struck by how downright boring it looks in comparison. NGamer might not have Will's Super Play covers, but the rest of the magazine is as charming and well-written.

Here's why NGamer isn't stocked in many places and is probably selling poorly: It's a penny under five pounds. After reading fond words about it on here today, I picked it up when in Smiths earlier....then I caught the price and promptly put it back down. It might be well written, but here are the facts: NRevolution (another one I've never read) is £2.99, so it's blindingly obvious that more people are going to pick that one up. ONM is the official magazine, so again: It's blindingly obvious that more people will pick that one up. It's also around the same price as NGamer.

So, let's get this straight: It's a single format magazine without a demo disc, it doesn't appear to have many pages, its main rival in the unofficial Nintendo mag stakes is two pounds cheaper, the official Nintendo mag is the same price. It's not a chunky 'highbrow' thing like, say, Edge either. It's an unofficial Nintendo magazine and it's almost five pounds. I see that a direct debit is a tenner per quarter so I might check it out that way, but really....it's no wonder that it's not stocked as readily as its rivals.

It's a brilliantly written mag and has passion that is completely lacking in the other Nintendo mags, but ...

... it is definitely too expensive at £4.99 especially considering the paper quality is so poor; it gives the magazine a cheap feel.

I would rather have a lot better quality paper than all the gifts, but I suppose they think they need bundled stuff to compete.

The paper quality is a lot worse than nRevolution which is £2 less

I'm currently a subscriber and have been pretty much from the start. However I'm a bit worried how much it will change with Greener gone. I'll give it a few more issues to see how it pans out and if it drops in quality I'll be canceling :D Damn shame as its the only one of my mag subs that I really look forward to receiving each month.

It's a shame Greener's going. He's given NGamer the kind of personality other games mags can only dream of. Here's hoping the new editor isn't going to change it too much, and that it doesn't go from being charming, funny and cosy to being 'trendy' and crap.

I'd be surprised if it changed too much, but I know what you mean - it seems a lot of NGamer's humour comes from Greener himself, and his editorial style. It'd be interesting if he'd moved on to edit Edge. I'm probably reading too much into it, but one or two things in Edge this month sounded very un-Edge and much more NGamer-y.

Here's why NGamer isn't stocked in many places and is probably selling poorly: It's a penny under five pounds. After reading fond words about it on here today, I picked it up when in Smiths earlier....then I caught the price and promptly put it back down. It might be well written, but here are the facts: NRevolution (another one I've never read) is £2.99, so it's blindingly obvious that more people are going to pick that one up. ONM is the official magazine, so again: It's blindingly obvious that more people will pick that one up. It's also around the same price as NGamer.

So, let's get this straight: It's a single format magazine without a demo disc, it doesn't appear to have many pages, its main rival in the unofficial Nintendo mag stakes is two pounds cheaper, the official Nintendo mag is the same price. It's not a chunky 'highbrow' thing like, say, Edge either. It's an unofficial Nintendo magazine and it's almost five pounds. I see that a direct debit is a tenner per quarter so I might check it out that way, but really....it's no wonder that it's not stocked as readily as its rivals.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure ONM is a pound cheaper. I'm in total agreement about the price and gifts thing. I'd much prefer it to be at least a pound cheaper and come with nothing.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure ONM is a pound cheaper. I'm in total agreement about the price and gifts thing. I'd much prefer it to be at least a pound cheaper and come with nothing.

Good point - I have to wonder why there is a "complete Wii & DS tips guide" in every issue, in an age where gamefaqs and the like render it useless. Some sort of publisher obligation?

Yeah, just checked, you're right.

Makes the NGamer price even more ridiculous. I give it until late 2008 before a fork is stuck in it unless there's at least £1.50 knocked off.