rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Richard

The Sony PSP Thread

Nice one, well done. I've made 2 so far, the 1st was a particularly nice little shot, landed just past the pin then super backspinned into the hole ;)

Just waiting for an Albatross now.

I've yet to get a hole in one in either Everybodys Golf 1 or 2 after a silly amount of hours playing them ;)

EDIT: or even those super shoot thingys which do something cool when you hit the pin.

I've yet to get a hole in one in either Everybodys Golf 1 or 2 after a silly amount of hours playing them ;)

EDIT: or even those super shoot thingys which do something cool when you hit the pin.

Me either :wub: Though theres been a couple of times when I've been incredibly close.

me either!

I've hit the pin several times with super backspin and it's done bugger-all. Argh.

Just waiting for an Albatross now.

Scoring an Albatross in EG1 on PSone about ten years ago is one of my greatest moments in videogames ever. You wouldn't believe the adrenaline kick I got out of it. The putt was done with a 180y strike (after a 260y drive on a par 5 course) with super backspin. It was more luck than anything else, cause the ball just rolled over the tincup, backspun into it, rolled out again, then backspun into it again...it all happened very fast and seemed totally unrealistic and impossible. But I got the Albatross.

I've been playing crisis core, basically the reason that I bought the machine. Good game if a bit easy. I think I've spent too much time on missions early on and I've leveled too high too early.

I've been playing crisis core, basically the reason that I bought the machine. Good game if a bit easy. I think I've spent too much time on missions early on and I've leveled too high too early.

I'm afraid the entire game is like that even if you dont spend a great deal of time levelling the whole thing is still far too easy. You dont really need to use magic as the standard attacks are more than capable. I wouldn't worry about it though as its more worth playing to see completion of that fantastic story. The ending... ^_^

What's the best Track & Field or Olympics game for the PSP? I think I'm going to put the original PS1 International Track & Field on there but wondered if there were any others worth trying.

I wouldn't worry about it though as its more worth playing to see completion of that fantastic story. The ending... ^_^

It's the only damn reason to play it. A minimum of twelve arduous hours for the ending...

... but he is right. What an ending.

Wont the language barrier be a problem?

If you've played Phantasy Star Universe in English for a few hours, then it's easy to play the Japanese version of PSP.

Man - I have no shame. I've let out yelps of delight on public transport just getting Eagles in the Everybody's Golf games. B)

Think I'm gonna order a different adapter from somewhere else.

Finally it arrived today, after a fuck up by DealExtreme forgetting to post the damn thing :angry: Got it now anyways, 8gb in my PSP :lol: Now to decide what to fill it up with.

I've yet to get a hole in one in either Everybodys Golf 1 or 2 after a silly amount of hours playing them :)

Had a few rising shots in this but no homing or spirals yet.

A nice

I did on the PS3 t'other evening.

I'm having a hell of a lot of difficulty getting any rom of Shining in the Darkness to work on any PSP emulator - blank screen, then the PSP powers down entirely. All other roms on both emulators work perfectly, just Shining being a bitch. Anyone had any similar experiences/ advice?

I don't know whether it's the roms or what but Super Metroid has black boxes around certain sprites and almost all games seem to run a lot slower than they should. I need to know the best Emu's to use please. Can anyone tell me which versions are the best?

Im playing Sensible Soccer via the Picodrive emulator at the moment.

Emulation is spot on and if youve got one of those pads to stick on the PSP dpad its perfect to play.

Was the Megadrive version really easy? Its much easier to win than it was on the Amiga version.

I'm having a hell of a lot of difficulty getting any rom of Shining in the Darkness to work on any PSP emulator - blank screen, then the PSP powers down entirely. All other roms on both emulators work perfectly, just Shining being a bitch. Anyone had any similar experiences/ advice?

Try a different ROM or Emulator. Some games just wont work though so you might just be unlucky :P

Just thought I'd post this here as well, I want to trade my copy of DJ MAX Portable 2 with someone, for a copy of DJ MAX Portable 1. Any takers?

Try booting it with Popsloader, emulating a diffrent firmware version, some roms only work under specific firmware versions. You can find the official Popsloader on the Dark Alex webpage.

I WOULD BUT NOONE WILL TELL ME WHAT TO USE!!!!!!

Have you updated the firmware? The version you have will install the latest dodgy one via the update link on the PSP rather than the official Sony one.

I think we're mixed up. I want the emulators for SNES and Megadrive. Sorry, I was ridiculously vague.

This is the place I usually go. Bit of a pain with the popups but well worth it as theres pretty much anything you could ever need for the PSP right here:

Link

I have never known anything so fucking finicky and fucking picky as PSP Emulation in my life. I've got the emu, I've set my PSP up as it says in 8 million poorly fucking written and abysmally sigged forum posts and it STILL doesn't fucking boot up. 80020148, I loathe thee. Help. Seriously, help me. I need a completely, totally, utterly idiot proof guide to getting this fucker working. Help me before I lose my mind.

SNES works but MD doesn't. Sigh.

I have never known anything so fucking finicky and fucking picky as PSP Emulation in my life. I've got the emu, I've set my PSP up as it says in 8 million poorly fucking written and abysmally sigged forum posts and it STILL doesn't fucking boot up. 80020148, I loathe thee. Help. Seriously, help me. I need a completely, totally, utterly idiot proof guide to getting this fucker working. Help me before I lose my mind.

SNES works but MD doesn't. Sigh.

What's there to set up? It's just a matter of transferring some folders by USB to the GAME directory. Sometimes, you'll need a bios file as well, but it's all detailed in the emulator readme files. It'd help if you mentioned the names and version numbers of the emulators you are trying to use. Or are you asking about CFW?

The latest DGen, which seems to be 1.7. And yes, it should be a case of drag and drop but tonight has proven that isn't the case for some reason. I've just gone back to my old version of DGen and I'll have to put up with it.

And no, it's not detailed in the Read Me's or I wouldn't be asking. apologies for sounding short, but I hate wasting time on shit like this. Which is no fault but my own. Anyway Scumm works and the SNES works, so it's not all bad.

DGen hasn't been updated in ages, but yeah, 1.70 (Slim) is the only one that'll work with the slimline PSP. Picodrive is a far more versatile MD (and Mega CD) emulator which works with all PSPs.

Best SNES one is snesTYLsmcm. A few of the readme files are in Japanese, but I wouldn't write them off, all the solutions to emulator problems I've had have been in there.

That's the first one I couldn't get to work :)

Seriously, I can't believe the fannying it's taken to get some of this shit to work. Ah well. At least I can play Monkey Island 2 on the way to work now :)

That's the first one I couldn't get to work :)

Shouldn't be too hard to get running, the Picodrive folder is in the PSP/GAME folder and you definitely haven't got the KXploit (1.50) version? What happens when you try to run it?

Checked the option for running homebrew in the Game folder in the Recovery mentu? Often if I set it to run under firmware 1.5 instead of 4.X it#s more compatible with my emulators.

I confess I'm not very up to date with the PSP, but I saw this over at NeoGAF.

From some end of year PSP strategy conference thing:

Ad-hoc mode PSP games will be able to use the PS3 to communicate and play with other users over long distance.

Pic

That sounds brilliant.