The A-Team movie - Neeson as Hannibal

RabMyself

It was dying by it's 3rd season and was dead come it's 5th. Was barely a parody come it's 4th season and you can see them trying to kickstart the show into something better to keep the viewers. Damn shame but if you watch the boxsets you can actually see it decline overtime.

Come to think of it pretty much like Heroes in a way :lol:

ITS.

ITS.

Just copped it again, the lads on the nightshift watched it.

Im still not sold on it. B.A was so unconvincing.

On top of that the story was not very interesting.

It's all very well people posting " you think everything is rubbish ' which I admit isn't far off :facepalm:

But you have to allow people to not like stuff.

I am in the 'it was fun but not that good' camp.

What was with all those Sharlto Copley can't act and the makers are really worried reports ? He was the best thing in it.

Indeed. I love the idea that somehow if a person can't act, then giving them easy lines will make their performance better.

Having seen it I can honestly say I really enjoyed it.

Considering that the A-Team TV show was actually very light on character histories I thought the story hung together quite well. I loved the "how we all met" story, loved how they gave some explanation to B.A's no flight policy, loved the set pieces and the outrageousness of their antics and loved the soundtrack. I even thought the actors were perfectly cast and imo they made the roles in this film their own.

It won't win any awards for originality or screenwriting but fuck me, it's a summer popcorn flick borne of a candyfloss serial TV show whose main draw was a man with more gold chains than Fort Knox and his awesome van. What were people expecting, Citizen Kane 2? Personally, for me it ticked all the boxes I was expecting of an A Team movie. Hopefully, they'll recoup the budget at least and a sequel will get made with more OTT stuff, more Sharlto (he was brilliant) and more cigar chomping Neeson. Oh and

hopefully they'll un-pancake the van

:wub:

Having seen it I can honestly say I really enjoyed it.

Considering that the A-Team TV show was actually very light on character histories I thought the story hung together quite well. I loved the "how we all met" story, loved how they gave some explanation to B.A's no flight policy, loved the set pieces and the outrageousness of their antics and loved the soundtrack. I even thought the actors were perfectly cast and imo they made the roles in this film their own.

It won't win any awards for originality or screenwriting but fuck me, it's a summer popcorn flick borne of a candyfloss serial TV show whose main draw was a man with more gold chains than Fort Knox and his awesome van. What were people expecting, Citizen Kane 2? Personally, for me it ticked all the boxes I was expecting of an A Team movie. Hopefully, they'll recoup the budget at least and a sequel will get made with more OTT stuff, more Sharlto (he was brilliant) and more cigar chomping Neeson. Oh and

hopefully they'll un-pancake the van

:wub:

It was signposted like fuck but I did get a massive grin when

B.A got his mohawk back

Can't wait for the blu-ray

I've seen this today and I loved it from start to finish! What a fantastic movie, it works well as a tongue-in-cheek action romp like they used to make, and as a surprisingly excellent update/remake of the cheesy show I grew up with. I did miss both cameos though, but that's the only real criticism I had. Genuinely surprised at how well they managed to capture the fun of the show and how perfectly the characters worked. Even Mr. T. wasn't missed. Imo this as good an update of the original show as we could have hoped for, and one the very few action flicks of the last decade or so that didn't bore or annoyed me. I really hope that they can make a sequel.

Imo this as good an update of the original show as we could have hoped for, and one the very few action flicks of the last decade or so that didn't bore or annoyed me. I really hope that they can make a sequel.

Did the Crank films bore you?

It's a big, daft guilty pleasure of a film, this. Extremely silly and loud, but good fun. Watched it with a whooping audience of Americans with a large buttered popcorn and a bucket-sized cup of root beer with a big grin on my face. Not my finest moment, admittedly, but an enjoyable two hours of indulgence.

Crank 2 is absolute utter fucking bollocks and it's fucking glorious for it. It's so monumentally retarded that it goes straight through guilty pleasure and into it's own category of wrongness. It makes Crank 1 look like King Lear and any other action film ever like the complete works of Wordsworth.