Mythos Tales

Those Pesky Humans

Oregon

Onward to Venus

Mousquetaires du Roy

Richelieu

Warships

Ace of Spies

Hoping to offload all of that and then make sure I play lots of demos. I'm there for the whole thing this time. :)

3 hours ago, cavalcade said:

That's the thing I remember reading! It was you all along #mnightshalymanaman

I also bought it after being made aware of its existence by revlobs write up. Played it twice now and it’s superb and unlike anything I’ve ever played. The money takes a couple of hours to make and there’s far too many cards to sleeve it. You can pre build the huge deck before you play ( I’ve got it all ready in the box with the reccomended set up) so set up is is quick but it’s takes a bit of sorting at the end of the game. All totally worth it though!

6 hours ago, Tourist said:

Spotted that on the solo boardgaming Facebook group. Looks nice but in the light of anachrony I am going to try to choose my marriage over a dungeon delve. It would be nice, though, if it could deliver what one deck dungeon promised but didn't deliver...

I'm gonna give it a whirl via Table Top Simulator as I spotted that it's been converted to that. If I like what I play, I think I'll go for it on Kickstarter.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SimonC said:

I also bought it after being made aware of its existence by revlobs write up. Played it twice now and it’s superb and unlike anything I’ve ever played. The money takes a couple of hours to make and there’s far too many cards to sleeve it. You can pre build the huge deck before you play ( I’ve got it all ready in the box with the reccomended set up) so set up is is quick but it’s takes a bit of sorting at the end of the game. All totally worth it though!

Level 99 should be paying revlob commission on these sales. 

Well I've played some Unbroken now. Reached the level 3 boss and had my arse handed to me. Curse you Mr Orc Brute :(

p2AiMK2.jpg

Definitely enjoyed what I played though and its just as unforgiving as I was expecting (I played on standard difficulty). Very rogue-like in feel and 'Die Hard in a Dungeon' is an apt description that I've heard. There's a nice sense of dread as time ticks down to the next boss fight, having to scramble for resources and pushing my luck with encounter cards in the hope I wouldn't get ambushed. I was quite impressed by how elegantly the difficulty scaled too. The first level flew by pretty quickly but later levels injected enough time back into the game to help me better prepare for the tougher fights ahead. Resources were thin on the ground for me in levels 1 and 2 but I got lucky in level 3, crafting a maul to use, but by that point I was pretty beaten up and died of attrition.

There's also some pretty inventive monster abilities, and overall design, adding that extra level of depth I think will ensure a good bit of variety. However, a knock against it would be that there are a couple of skill cards that could do with more clarification on how they work.

• Upvote 2

On 26/03/2018 at 17:21, Rikku said:

I think I'll love it. :D

Found a shrink wrapped copy for £330, including shipping, in the UK, so I've cancelled my all in Wilson Wolfe Affair kickstarter and I'm going in on KDM instead.

Well, the guy that was selling never got back to me. :( 

Instead, I took a chance and ordered direct from the store for $400 (£280) with the free shipping option. I was a little nervous but here we are, 4 days later and it’s in my hands! :omg: 

• Upvote 3

It's an astonishing box of stuff. 

I'mwaiting for the four expansions I ordered alongside the main game during the Kickstarter to arrive. Still no tracking :( not like I have time to play with them just now anyway though tbh.

The expansions look totally overwhelming. There is just so much! And the prices. :o (If you didn’t KS)

I’m giddy about building the first minis. I have never built a mini in my life so I have no idea how badly this is going to turn out. Hopefully my thin cement and plastic glue will turn up before the weekend so I can get started. I think I’ll practice on the Shadow of Brimstone minis first!

8 hours ago, Rikku said:

The expansions look totally overwhelming. There is just so much! And the prices. :o (If you didn’t KS)

I’m giddy about building the first minis. I have never built a mini in my life so I have no idea how badly this is going to turn out. Hopefully my thin cement and plastic glue will turn up before the weekend so I can get started. I think I’ll practice on the Shadow of Brimstone minis first!

I wouldn't have bought the expansions if it wasn't KS price I don't think tbh. At least not this early. Still got a whole lot of gaming to do with the base stuff.

Definitely practice on something simpler first. The build guides on the KDM website are pretty good and should see you through it without too much stress...

I assume it shipped from in the UK then when you got it so quick?

Yeah, I feel fairly confident with following the guide on build.kingdomdeath and have watched a fair few videos. Supahamstas was pretty good as his even colour coded where they were on the sprues per mini. 

It shipped from England somewhere. I didn’t hear anything for a few days, then got dpd tracking to say it would be delivered next day. ^_^

On 09/04/2018 at 19:59, cavalcade said:

Level 99 should be paying revlob commission on these sales. 

Where did you get it from? It's been on my radar for a while but have never seen it in a store.

I've just seen an organiser for Gloomhaven advertised for £45.  Alternatively, if you have a Morrisons to hand, these basic, but, critically, nest-able food containers can be yours for £3 and they are incredibly useful if you are in the habit of keeping games open or semi-open until you are done with them.  Here a stack contains all enemy tokens from GH organised by type (the biggest lid fitting snugly over the lot); they are also brilliant for cash, health and numerous other tokens used in Sword & Sorcery with monster figurines in the largest.

2018-04-27_13_14_10.jpg

• Upvote 4

Poundland can be great for containers too - some look terrible for keeping food in them fresh but perfect for boardgames.

• Upvote 1

So black rose wars is at the top of boardgame geek at the moment. I can't keep up with all of these insanely lauded super expensive kickstarted games. Anybody know what the schtick is with black rose?

Apologies for changing the tone somewhat, but a reference to a Holden Shearer in the total biscuit thread in discussion sent me down an internet rabbit hole to discover the existence of an apparent acme of douchebaggery called Zak Smith/Sabbath, who is involved in vampire and dungeons and dragons.

Eg. http://shawnstruck.blogspot.jp/2017/04/dramatic-failure-serial-harasser-zak-s.html?m=1

Does anybody know any more?

I was randomly thinking about Neuroshima Hex today, and even snuck in a quick game on the app at lunch (still awesome, but still dislike the new art style :/). Anyway, I decided to Google it for no real reason and it turns out they are making a new fantasy game based on the NH engine - Monolith Arena! It's due out October this year during Essen.

Wage war against opponents on a hexagonal board. Prepare your armies to face off on the battlefield and surprise your enemy with your choice of special abilities!

Monolith Arena is a fantasy battleground board game built around the base engine of Neuroshima Hex, which is also from designer Michał Oracz. The game includes five factions, with unique abilities and units! Each player has a monolith that serves as their headquarters, and each player seeds their monolith with three tokens that provide special abilities. When an opponent damages your monolith, you remove the top layer to expose the first token, gaining its special ability, so being attacked can actually make you stronger — albeit while still moving you toward defeat...

Straight to the top of my want list.

I’m in Birmingham on the 12th July for work, but I’ve got to stay overnight. I don’t suppose some of our Birmingham based boardgamers would want a mini gaming meet then?

On 14/06/2018 at 12:53, therearerules said:

I’m in Birmingham on the 12th July for work, but I’ve got to stay overnight. I don’t suppose some of our Birmingham based boardgamers would want a mini gaming meet then?

Of shit just seen this. Sorry :(