IGNORED

Stars for Points

Jam_sponge

So what's the deal with this? Ive just got my Wii, I've got 14000+ stars and I want the internet channel and paper mario. But they say they've got no points cards for me to swap?????

Do they get them in once a week or something?

Just keep checking the site every now and then. For instance, they had the 1000-point cards in stock two days ago, but by the time I had completed my Star-scavenging rampage yesterday (tearing Gamecube games asunder) they only had the 100-point cards left. I checked again before going to sleep (around 1am), and they had the 1000-point cards back in stock once more, so all the LostWinds for me.

Also annoying is the apparent depreciation of old Star cards. They've stopped putting values on the cards in newer games, but I found that my Gameboy Micro code had slipped in value to 300 from the purported 500, and some of my earlier DS games (Phoenix Wright, I think) had fallen from 250 to 200. Rargh!

• 2 weeks later...

Just had an email from Nintendo saying that Star point older than 24 months will start to expire at the end of June. For me, that means:

Current Stars Balance = 9406

Stars expiring at the end of June 2008 = 7011

Total Stars earned since registration = 12140

ARGH!

...I'd have spent them all if there were more Wii Points for Star Points available, or if there were decent stock of the good stuff in the shop!

yeah i have 4250 stars expiring this month. Just wanna trade em for something now..

man thats so annoying do trade for wii points you have to have your wii hooked up. I dont plan on getting anymore VC games, due the fact my shop account is a bit messed up and it has loads of points on it already. urghh

I haven't received an email - but just to check, is there a way to see if any of my points will expire on the site?

This is exactly why I blew points on a bag rather than waiting around for Wii points.

I haven't received an email - but just to check, is there a way to see if any of my points will expire on the site?

This is exactly why I blew points on a bag rather than waiting around for Wii points.

Yes, the information I quoted is pasted (almost) directly from the site.

I've been on the Wii/Star site reguarly and have never seen a free voucher listed. When is best to get in there?

If the point of a loyalty scheme is to punish and alienate your most supportive customers, the Star Points scheme has been a huge success.

I'd really like to see someone interviewing Iwata or Miyamoto or Reggie (or well, anyone from 'real' Nintendo) and letting them know how incompetent their European colleagues are. You can't buy Wii Fit or Mario Kart in a high street shop. Our version of Mario Club demands hundreds of pounds of purchases to redeem against pocket money toys, with Wii Points never being available. Every email they send out is riddled with text and HTML errors that would shame a primary school child.

They'd probably think that we were joking.

Yeah I got stung with the Gameboy Micro 500 -> 300 thing. And they didn't even want to know about the Trauma Center ccode, like they've disowned the game or something.

They try and do something nice for you, then slap you in the chops anyway!

I also cannot register my Trauma Center code. Anyone know why this is? I think I've chucked it away now after countless fruitless attempts. Strangely, the code is recognised as a valid product code, it just claims that it's not a product in their system...

Nintendo dealing with customers is a bit like kissing a really beautiful woman while she squeezes your balls really hard.

Nintendo dealing with customers is a bit like kissing a really beautiful woman while she squeezes your balls really hard.

If the point of a loyalty scheme is to punish and alienate your most supportive customers, the Star Points scheme has been a huge success.

I'd really like to see someone interviewing Iwata or Miyamoto or Reggie (or well, anyone from 'real' Nintendo) and letting them know how incompetent their European colleagues are. You can't buy Wii Fit or Mario Kart in a high street shop. Our version of Mario Club demands hundreds of pounds of purchases to redeem against pocket money toys, with Wii Points never being available. Every email they send out is riddled with text and HTML errors that would shame a primary school child.

They'd probably think that we were joking.

I really could not agree more. It's just embarrassingly poor.