rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Sng

GamePro best 48 games of 2008

I'm suprised that quite a lot of these are for the PS3! You can update your special "PS3 games that might good" list now :wub:

Predictions of the bleedin' obvious:

- at least half of those games will be duds

- at least 10 won't be out next year

- none of the games can appeal to everyone at the same time

That's a minute of your life you'll never get back (my post, not the link).

Has everyone got an axe to grind with Gamepro or something? It's just an article about some games to be looking forward to next year. No need to get your panties in a bundle if they missed a couple or got them in the wrong order compared to your personal opinion.

Oooh!, meh, meh, ho-hum, hah, yawn, hmm?, meh, nah, hmm?, hah, *shrug*, hahaha, oh go on then, meh, hahahaha, no, shiny!, maaaybe, hurrah!, Invincibles?!, piss off, Crackdown, die, coma, lol psp, meh, meh, meh, mee-e-eh, unlikely, again?, sold!, please don't suck, meh, oooh!, hahaha, Zzzz, meh, meh, please don't suck, no, meh, don't care, realtime!, Oblivion reskin, pretty, wot no Mafia 2?

I'm pretty sure that about 70% of all screenshots from that article are actually from the same game. It's the one that goes for gritty realism, with the guy with the big gun and constipated face.

It's a pretty depressing list. Most of the games on it that were interesting were either PC or PS3 though, which I found interesting.

half of the article is "We have no idea what this game is about or how it plays, but it's SURE to be amazing!!!"

Yeah, how dare anyone cover games that aren't out yet?!

2008 is looking a bit poor. With a few exceptions like re5 smash lbp and mario kart, the rest of the games looked crushingly dull.

I thought I was the only one who found that list, apart from a few games, a bit shit. About halfway through I lost the ability to tell the screenshots for most of those games apart.

2008 is looking a bit poor. With a few exceptions like re5 smash lbp and mario kart, the rest of the games looked crushingly dull.

GTA4?

I have concerns that GTA4 is going to dissapoint by taking itself too seriously and concentrating on realism

half of the article is "We have no idea what this game is about or how it plays, but it's SURE to be amazing!!!"

or

"48 games we're being paid to hype!"

How can ANYONE trust ANYTHING that review websites say when they're too busy protecting advertising revenue, and the review copies of titles, that they receive from the publishers?

ESPECIALLY about games they haven't played yet.

Wow games are all starting to look the same. A bit depressing that list.

True, very true. :D

There is going to be a lot of brown and shiny grey in 2008, Grrrrr gritty, rugged games that's what people want ;)

I actually think (hope) that's more down to their choice of games for the list. Super Smash Bros jumped off the page

No mention of games like Infinite Undiscovery, Lost Odyssey, White Knight Story, Banjo-Kazooie 3 & Deus Ex 3? And Resi 5 just made the list, while Killzone 2 is near the top. List seems to be made of fail...

EDIT: Was Brutal Legend even on the list?

No mention of games like Infinite Undiscovery, Lost Odyssey, White Knight Story, Banjo-Kazooie 3 & Deus Ex 3? And Resi 5 just made the list, while Killzone 2 is near the top. List seems to be made of fail...

EDIT: Was Brutal Legend even on the list?

Is Resi 5 actually going to be released next year?

No mention of Brutal Legend or BIA. Shame, as both are my most anticipated over GTA.