IGNORED

Games Workshop, An Appreciation Thread

Lorfarius

3 hours ago, Oracle said:

Sign him up for imperium magazine? 

I've been pointed to this  and it seems like an over investment. I'm thinking a 500 pt block at a time, not letting him get anymore until everything is painted.

I have two 5 five man squads of Helblasters lying around I completely forgot I picked up in a trade, so playing around with the army builder if I get one Intercessor squad that's near enough 500 pts right there. Decent enough to start with, I think.

7 hours ago, Mikes said:

I've been pointed to this  and it seems like an over investment. I'm thinking a 500 pt block at a time, not letting him get anymore until everything is painted.

I have two 5 five man squads of Helblasters lying around I completely forgot I picked up in a trade, so playing around with the army builder if I get one Intercessor squad that's near enough 500 pts right there. Decent enough to start with, I think.

On a related note, I brought this up on the local gaming forum I frequent and was inundated (ok, three) with offers of cheap minis.

I love this community.

I missed this until today but Blackstone Fortress' base game got a bit of a push again last month

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/19/saturday-pre-orders-fafnir-rann-and-dominion-zephon-smash-their-way-out-of-the-black-library/

Is this typical GW practice and them just the clearing old stock? (the base game has still been available here for some time)

I'm just wondering if this signals we could get the expansions reprinted too (bursting the inflated Ebay price bubble) cos I'm hankering for those without having to sell an organ.

On 05/03/2022 at 11:57, Spatial said:

I missed this until today but Blackstone Fortress' base game got a bit of a push again last month

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/19/saturday-pre-orders-fafnir-rann-and-dominion-zephon-smash-their-way-out-of-the-black-library/

Is this typical GW practice and them just the clearing old stock? (the base game has still been available here for some time)

I'm just wondering if this signals we could get the expansions reprinted too (bursting the inflated Ebay price bubble) cos I'm hankering for those without having to sell an organ.

If some kind soul has a copy of BSF: No Respite that they want to offload for a sensible price (not the insane Ebay prices), please let me know. I don't want the Plague marine models but really just the tokens, boards and cards. 

Oh, and if anyone has the models from the Traitor Command pack they would like the sell, I'd be happy to buy them for a reasonable price (not the current second hand price of £90... per model!!!!)

/beggingforstuff

A while ago there was a leak suggesting there's going to be a Traitor Guard release at some point (a lot of the leak has come to pass). I wonder if they'll get a re-release with that?

When GW took over writing the 40k Forgeworld rules, the Traitor Guard were not included in the new Forgeworld Compendium (they weren't particularly good rules wise anyways) but from a lore perspective it's odd they've not done much with them. 

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, And said:

Yep. So much good stuff coming. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/03/24/enter-the-abominant-two-new-chaos-knights-revealed-at-adepticon/

image.thumb.jpeg.047daec85faf0157f5f6dd31d2fc9dff.jpeg

I really, really want one of those new big knights. I’ve no use for it. But I wants it. 

plus - model of the year:

image.jpeg.0459c8c05aa9818c2038b0d55757e2e0.jpeg

beer pigs!!

That short fur texture is exactly the sort of thing I wanted to go for on my Celestial Dracolines! Looks kind of like a directional dry brush...

Am seriously tempted by the chaos knights plus codex box, can I run all 3 alongside my death guard do we reckon?

They really need to launch a new dark mechanicus faction, twisted mutant chaos skitaari would be the most warhammer thing ever. 

19 minutes ago, Oracle said:

That is epic, but what is it for?

EDIT

New edition of HH, part of me was hoping for a film or series :(

Yeah, there really needs to be a warhammer cinematic universe started. 

16 hours ago, Oracle said:

New edition of HH, part of me was hoping for a film or series :(

Ha, you wish! For that they'd need some kind of subscription-based streaming service that they would fill with animations. Dream on.