IGNORED

Games Workshop, An Appreciation Thread

Lorfarius

2 hours ago, Davros sock drawer said:

A bulb in a lamp would do I expect. Or sunlight if I'm not in a hurry?

I think the issue though is that I'm trying to use the bevelled GW base. I think if I want a clean edge I need to use a base that's completely vertical. Otherwise I can't find anything to form a perfect barrier to stop the stuff I have running off (Vallejo Still Water).

This guy does it the way you are describing on GW bases, few pics in the guide: https://www.rapidfirewargaming.com/2019/08/05/tutorial-creating-water-bases-using-epoxy-resin/

Amazing model @JoeK

26 minutes ago, Kzo said:

This guy does it the way you are describing on GW bases, few pics in the guide: https://www.rapidfirewargaming.com/2019/08/05/tutorial-creating-water-bases-using-epoxy-resin/

Amazing model @JoeK

Dude, that's exactly what I'm looking to do. I'd never thought of creating a blank lip to build a vertical dam in.

Thank you!

Oh boy. I'm in the oldhammer communities and don't think I've ever seen an Epic set in that good a condition. I'd go to a couple different pages and geta  price check. It's going to be worth quite a lot. And shit, fi you were in Aus I'd be after it.

45 minutes ago, Mikes said:

Oh boy. I'm in the oldhammer communities and don't think I've ever seen an Epic set in that good a condition. I'd go to a couple different pages and geta  price check. It's going to be worth quite a lot. And shit, fi you were in Aus I'd be after it.

Perfectly willing to post to Australia. 

For one million dollars! 

That's about £300, right? 

49 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Perfectly willing to post to Australia. 

For one million dollars! 

That's about £300, right? 

I'll have you know the official name is dollerydoos.

I would be surprised if that box is worth less then £300. It looks to be in immaculate condition and if all the sprues are there and untouched you are in super rare territory.

With the latest edition of Adeptus Titanicus where it is, al lot of the miniatures in that box are super popular for base decorations and the like.

I bought some land raiders, rhinos and walls for just that purpose a while back. Probably paid a tenner for a couple of sprues worth, cut off and some badly painted.

20 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

Yet another "found this in my parents house" CLVyCW1.jpeg

C0dr7Sh.jpeg

Absolutely mint. Any idea if it's worth anything? 

It has a crease, practically worthless, give you a £10 for it. 

Just now, feltmonkey said:

Amazing find, @ScouserInExile!

There's something utterly charming about the Epic scale stuff. I wouldn't want to part with it if I were you.

I have no use for it and no space to keep it. I have a stack on about 10 boxed games in various states of completeness I want rid of, for as much money as I can manage

3 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

I have no use for it and no space to keep it. I have a stack on about 10 boxed games in various states of completeness I want rid of, for as much money as I can manage

I get that. If you like, I could ask the guys in the painters WhatsApp group what it might be worth. There's some knowledgeable chaps in there. Possibly a couple of potential buyers as well.

3 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

I get that. If you like, I could ask the guys in the painters WhatsApp group what it might be worth. There's some knowledgeable chaps in there. Possibly a couple of potential buyers as well.

That'd be great. I can even post more pics in here, if you want? And to make you all jealous, obviously