IGNORED

Games Workshop, An Appreciation Thread

Lorfarius

Same. Though my big clear out of hobby stuff got me over £720 in eBay sales before postage and fees, and I’ve spent about £520 on hobby stuff since! The cupboard is full again and I’m back to square 1! I’m not building dominion until the first sigmar box is done!

31 minutes ago, And said:

Same. Though my big clear out of hobby stuff got me over £720 in eBay sales before postage and fees, and I’ve spent about £520 on hobby stuff since! The cupboard is full again and I’m back to square 1! I’m not building dominion until the first sigmar box is done!

Must be something in the air - I've just shifted a tonne of stuff on eBay (including two guitars) so I don't feel guilty about the financial outlay. It's more that I obviously don't have time to paint the stuff I've already got, never mind this!

But fuck it, I'm going to paint what I fancy painting, when I fancy painting it. :)

4 hours ago, idiwa said:

Absolutely zero reason for posting this other than I was watching some archive footage of GW being on tv for the first time in the 80s.

105588042_GamesWorkshopretro.thumb.png.15434e2b35b546bfc5dd4e8bbb682fb1.png

It's a solid look.

Battle Cars, D&D (x2) and what I think is Traveller on those shelves. OMFG, those were the days. 

Well it was embossed so all I did was put some paint on it, was pretty tough actually. I found with all three, the last few were way better so the practice has been super useful. 

I tried three types of nuln oil over them, one on just the grey and black, one on that and all recesses and one all over. The all over looked so much better I went back over the others. 

Going to try edge highlighting on them next, but my smallest brush may not be small enough so that will be interesting. 

On 20/01/2021 at 10:27, Captain Novaforce said:

Inspired by @And, this was my year on GW:

1365311851_PXL_20210120_1017588262.thumb.jpg.5fede7e1203ec904807455fe33776cab.jpg

As you can see I'm a filthy heretic these days. Not the biggest output in a year, but still 30 infantry and some vehicles.

This year so far going to pick away at my remaining Blackstone Fortress models as I like them. Using UR - 025 to practice some white armour to finally work on the sisters.

As we are coming to the end of 2021, I was looking for this post to compare how I did this year compared to 2020. Man I am waaaaay behind. I've done the sisters of battle box (less the seraphim as flying stands) and a few chaos things but am really lagging. Think I didn't paid at all during the summer. Hopefully you all were more productive that me!

Too kind :)

@MattKB I’m not trying to lure you onto my Instagram but I did a couple of videos showing exactly how I take and edit my photos:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPSfMHlH9A_/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPP6-2Yne9n/?utm_medium=copy_link

Basically magnetic card, sprayed black, bookshelf in my kitchen with natural daylight, iphone 11pro, turn exposure down, take pic, crop, tweak the shadows and black levels, done :)

Still can’t get decent shots on a white background mind. 

On 08/11/2021 at 14:53, Davros sock drawer said:

My box of shame arrived…

D4B53B07-1118-4630-A567-1754BF0EB774.thumb.jpeg.c7d5439b0fcda6e7efffc24ee066697b.jpeg

(I regret nothing - as soon as I looked at all the lovely sculpts I got genuinely excited to paint them) :)

I opened mine today and was blown away with the contents. I've never seen any of the 'new' plastic miniatures but the moulding is fantastic. They're alot smaller than i remember, but I'm used to Space Marines, so it could just be a comparative thing.

Gonna crack the seal on the rulebook and get reading over the weekend.

I've already bought some non-Citadel tools, so i might assemble a few models too. 

I'm still researching what colours i need to purchase so i can attempt painting a couple from each army/side. Moneys not a problem, but I don't wanna go mental buying extra colours that would be used for pro techniques on these specific models. Baby steps! ;)

Recommendations for a shopping list of paints would be very useful. 

Yeah, i was gonna pick up a starter set anyway because the basic colours are always very useful.

I was thinking about the necessary colours for this particular boxset.

It can obviously differ depending on the artists approach, but a rough guide/shopping list will certainly help given how many paints there are out there, from various manufacturers.

Yes, RIP wallet. :lol: