IGNORED

Games Workshop, An Appreciation Thread

Lorfarius

I went into a Games Workshop here in Charleston (on holiday) to see if they have any exclusive figures my FLGS doesn’t. They didn’t - their range was actually very poor. 

The entire place fucking stank of poor personal hygiene and mildewed clothes. Back to online shopping for me 😅

Our local doesn’t have a massive range either - they stock the biggest sellers and anything else needs to be ordered in. At least COVID measures have meant the usual denizens can’t hang out in there stinking the place up though. 

The stores have an exclusive mini and coin you can collect each month - you'll need to ask about it though, I think. They tend to get anniversary event mini businesses exclusives too.

Other than that, you can pay in store for stuff ordered on the web terminal and it'll get shipped there for free in the following week's delivery; that includes any webstore exclusive stuff which FLGS' can't order in, and there's a reasonable amount of that iirc.

My 9 year old and I just played his first game of kill team. He wiped the floor with me. I set him up with an admech list with 3 plasma guns and 4 sicarian brawlers vs my 4 man marine list.
He pulled off some frankly disgusting rolls but wiped out my sniper turn one and then put the beat down on my other guys. Turns out the -3AP on plasma and power swords is really good against primaris as you need to save on 6’s. 

I’m simultaneously horrified and super proud. 

On 27/06/2021 at 22:50, ScouserInExile said:

The problem is the lack of minis. And dice. They all got repurposed for 40k or Fantasy. But the boxes all seem in good nick, if a bit dusty. I reckon they all have the rules and cardboard bits, so someone might want them. 

I'll get pics to post next week. 

Okay so... 

Adeptus Titanicus. I think nearly complete. There's a few small bit missing. 

PLddvV8.jpg

8T0VnAU.jpg

Space Marine

Seems to have all the important stuff and some extra bits 

41XluIR.jpg

Yvwiwj0.jpg

yQJhUP4.jpg

kp7CXvg.jpg

Blood Bowl and Dungeon Bowl 

jLqHtK6.jpg

How yellow? These used to be clear 

FMe0ZsU.jpg

Four full teams, plus some extras 

5xiFdSH.jpg

All the Dungeon Bowl bits, except the rules 

XLzBqmB.jpg

Hereoquest 

Almost no minis, but has the board, rules and other bits 

dQjWrS0.jpg

6lQfTp5.jpg

Space Marine Hive War

y82GCwj.jpg

Another Space Marine 

Missing the card bits of the buildings, weirdly 

mkM2GJr.jpg

All the card bits from 2nd edition 40k and Dark Millennium 

My3GA7H.jpg

Advanced Space Crusade 

Thought I'd taken more pics of this, but it's only missing four scouts. All the counters are still attached to the erm.. sprue? 

r6ws5qN.jpg

gboxL7P.jpg

Space Hulk 

There seems to be two sets of boards and doors. A bit short on terminators 

b2qrJhz.jpg

6E48T9O.jpg

mP5DQyU.jpg

Mighty Fortress 

Pretty much complete 

QWuNxdo.jpg

C4gcmP2.jpg

CFXsP7Z.jpg

just to be aware: those rhino's and land raiders and even the space marine troops from epic are prime basing scatter for modern Adeptus titanicus and you could probably get a decent price for them because of that

Here are the Adeptus Titanicus robuts I painted.  rllmuk exclusive!  Not even posted on the Siege instagram yet.  (I don't know if they're going to post them or not.  Perhaps they're a bit too rubbish.)

165937131_TITANICUSARMYJNPE0011(1).thumb.jpg.145690ac2c9d0485ead33ee03a9f1e64.jpg

1041510616_TITANICUSARMYJNPE0012(1).thumb.jpg.de26f04182776c1420572ac8934de47b.jpg

1504976983_TITANICUSARMYJNPE0013(1).thumb.jpg.c566281cabc70fc25e5316660ec1fdef.jpg

1293206016_TITANICUSWARHOUNDTITANJNPE001BRONZE1(8).thumb.jpg.94bbb13dbaec8ceb423c17c312802aa5.jpg

897012915_TITANICUSREAVERTITANJNPE001BRONZE1(8).thumb.jpg.1ea0511c15134d987cc1711fc586aa47.jpg

890925598_TITANICUSREAVERJNPE001BRONZE2(2).thumb.jpg.6d2c6184bdba85d1ff24ddba8a9362f8.jpg

10 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Here are the Adeptus Titanicus robuts I painted.  rllmuk exclusive!  Not even posted on the Siege instagram yet.  (I don't know if they're going to post them or not.  Perhaps they're a bit too rubbish.)

165937131_TITANICUSARMYJNPE0011(1).thumb.jpg.145690ac2c9d0485ead33ee03a9f1e64.jpg

wow, the eye on the reaver... was that done with it all assembled?

1 hour ago, RFT said:

wow, the eye on the reaver... was that done with it all assembled?

From memory, one of the Reavers I did without assembling it, but the other one was different in the way it was constructed and I ended up painting it through the eyeholes.  I think the Traitor one (red and black) was the one I had to paint through the eyeholes.

So my FLGS that mostly sells board games actually has a fairly excellent 40k and Sigmar section that is 100% dusty and abandoned, because apparently no one ever touches it. I spoke to the owner, who knows nothing about it and really orders it just so he can say he has it. He has several boxes of more or less every Space Wolf unit currently in production. He told me he orders those ones specifically because he likes the way they look on the box. So I guess he can have all of my money?

He has like ten of the Space Wolf upgrade sets that have the fancy chainsword and wolfy PAC for heaven's sake. Everything is just crammed on the shelf willy nilly. Every time I move a box I find something even cooler jammed behind it. He has the entire Citadel paint range.

There was this shop near where I worked a few years ago, stationery and stuff downstairs, toys upstairs, and they had a load of warhammer stuff, some 40K some pre sigmar fantasy and loads of paints.  

One day I went in and all of the warhammer stuff was gone, apart from 2 boxes, a tau spaceship and a Khorne demon. They were marked down 75% off. So I bought them obvs, but can’t help but think if I’d popped in a few days earlier I could have picked up a mega haul. the lady working there said the manager told them to shift it all and it was all put on sale. 
Though they did have 50% off paint so I did buy one of everything they had. 

46 minutes ago, And said:

There was this shop near where I worked a few years ago, stationery and stuff downstairs, toys upstairs, and they had a load of warhammer stuff, some 40K some pre sigmar fantasy and loads of paints.  

One day I went in and all of the warhammer stuff was gone, apart from 2 boxes, a tau spaceship and a Khorne demon. They were marked down 75% off. So I bought them obvs, but can’t help but think if I’d popped in a few days earlier I could have picked up a mega haul. the lady working there said the manager told them to shift it all and it was all put on sale. 
Though they did have 50% off paint so I did buy one of everything they had. 

if it’s any consolation your tardiness saved you a couple grand

16 hours ago, The Bag said:

Beautiful.  Loving the wings especially.  I really need yo get one of those, but I’m honestly pretty intimidated by it.

don't be, mine came out ok and I’m crap, Duncan’s video is brill and basically can be applied to everything in the DG army. 

I did actually refer to Duncan's video for quite a few of the colour choices, and there are some good ideas on techniques.  The spec was to replicate the box art, although I did a bit more with the base.  The difficult part with this model is making the face stand out - it's quite tiny compared to other parts of the model and sort of gets lost in the sea of wings and flowing robes and rotting armour.  I tried to make it light and interesting enough to draw the eye, but it's very difficult to figure out whether you've succeeded with something like that.  I know where my eye goes, but I'm not sure about anyone else.  My eye goes to all the areas I wish I'd done differently.  There are less of these than usual though.  I'm quite proud of this one.  I wish I could have kept it.