Games Workshop, An Appreciation Thread

Lorfarius

It fills up pretty quick, depending on what you want to field 

My current list has warrior blobs, (2*20 and 1 * 12), 6 scorpek destroyers, lots of scarabs, 2 chronomancers, a technomancer, doom stalker, scorpek lord, royal warden, catacomb command barge, 2 cryptothralls and thats about it.

I need to play it more than once but I think its decent.

My current 2k list I’ve been toying with is this

Spoiler

Scars 2k
Adeptus Astartes - Strikeforce - Grand Tournament ( 12CP - 1985PT - 15PT )

Adeptus Astartes Battalion Detachment ( 3CP - 1895PT )
 SUB-FACTION: White Scars
    HQ
         Captain with Master-crafted Heavy Bolt Rifle (105)      
        WARLORD: Primaris Chaplain on Bike (115)  
            TRAITS: The Imperium's Sword  
            LITANIES: Exhortation of Rage 
            RELICS: Adamantine Mantle (White Scars) 
         Primaris Lieutenant (90) Master-crafted power sword, Neo-volkite pistol, Storm shield     

TROOPS
         Assault Intercessor Squad (110)
            4x Assault Intercessor
            1x Assault Intercessor Sergeant: Plasma pistol, Power fist     
         Assault Intercessor Squad (100)
            4x Assault Intercessor
            1x Assault Intercessor Sergeant: Plasma pistol     
         Intercessor Squad (110)
            4x Intercessor
            1x Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist     

ELITES
         Bladeguard Veteran Squad (110)
            2x Bladeguard Veteran
            1x Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant: Plasma pistol     
         Judiciar (85)      
         Redemptor Dreadnought (175)      

FAST ATTACK
         Bike Squad (120)
            1x Biker Sergeant: Combi-melta
            2x Space Marine Biker: Meltagun     
         Outrider Squad (150)
            2x Outrider
            1x Outrider Sergeant     

HEAVY SUPPORT
         Eradicator Squad (135)
            2x Eradicator
            1x Eradicator Sergeant     
         Hellblaster Squad (165)
            4x Hellblaster
            1x Hellblaster Sergeant     
         Repulsor (325) 2x Fragstorm grenade launcher, Icarus rocket pod, Twin lascannon     

Total Command Points: 3/15
Reinforcement Points: 15
Total Points: 1985/2000

White scars -

basically

a chaplain on a bike with 2 support units to rampage about. 

a captain sits with hellblasters and snipes from distance 

couple of units of intercessors to sit on objectives 

murderbus holding a shield lieutenant, judicar, 3 blade guard and 5 assault Intercessors to pile out and hack the crap out of whatever needs hacking. 

a dread and some eradicators for a bit of extra dakka. 

I think it’s flexible enough to mulch most stuff.

Just theorycrafting really as it’s not like I’ll get a game in anytime soon. 

if I had to actually play proper people I’d be tying myself in knots over it though. 

very conscious of the lack of librarian and no deny the witch 

I think the key is to try and not over think it and just get a game going, no list is going to be perfect.

Trying to arrange a game on the other hand, that seems to be bloody painful - I need to find some pick up games locally with people I don't know as my friends aren't reliable enough to get sufficient games in between now and then.

Yeah, my warhammer buddy has effectively disappeared off the face of the earth as far as organising games goes. He plays necrons and we have a tacit agreement that it’s not worth the faff to do wizards and have a psychic phase, but how are they supposed to deal with enemy psykers? Just suck it up and hope they don’t roll too well?

They have psychers, its just by another name and in a different phase - Crypteks can dish out mortal wounds and buff units. 

You not running psychers is a real bonus for him - as you can't activate reanimation protocols on mortal wounds.

Yep. But if I’ve got a librarian then that’s going to do maybe 2 or 3 mortal wounds max per turn?
While if I take a lieutenant or a chaplain then I think the buffs from those guys will provide more wounds for the points. At a guess - I haven’t sat down and done the maths. 

14 hours ago, Oracle said:

Also, 3 MW on a warrior squad that can't be reanimated will reap dividends as the game progresses.

Maybe. I haven’t read the new codex rules on reanimating - I’d always aimed to totally obliterate a unit to stop it popping back up 

2 hours ago, And said:

Maybe. I haven’t read the new codex rules on reanimating - I’d always aimed to totally obliterate a unit to stop it popping back up 

That's best tactic, so dropping psychic is just giving your friend an unfair advantage imo.

Well it’s moot at the moment as he’s flaky as hell and so we’ve no plans to actually play. I was trying to get a crusade going starting at 25power and building up but I’ve given up nagging him about it. 
So at this rate I’m waiting on my 9 year old getting good!

I have the same issue, pre lock down my friend group was into 40k and we'd have occasional games but since LD its fallen off the radar - DND/Boardgames have replaced it, which I have zero interest in (from a time and effort perspective, as they are ongoing regular commitments). 

At the same time, I don't know anyone else that plays locally (or how to find a local league).

Aside from going to play at games workshop itself I’m in the same boat. 

I do actually find it a bit annoying, my mate that is, he’s a nice guy and everything but he just isn’t arsed. 

I know everyone has their own priorities and I tend to get well into a hobby but it would be nice if they made some effort. 

I think he directs all his energy into finding the most bullshit rule exploits to use :lol:

This is kind of pathetic, but if anyone hasn't clicked like on this, is there any chance you could do, please? It's really close to being (I think) the first Siege Instagram post to get to 9000 likes, which would be a bit of a feather in my cap when it comes time for them to decide whether to keep me on or not. Thanks in advance, and sorry to be the guy begging for likes.  :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPLEUK3HgNB/?utm_medium=copy_link

1197878267_Screenshot_20210526-1834442.thumb.png.146a0f71ceb76d7ecc00f306f6e0228d.png