Games Workshop, An Appreciation Thread

10 hours ago, The Hierophant said:

The old C16 Chaos dwarves are a great characterful range. I bought the boxed set when it came out (1987?). 
955409B3-40AA-4DE8-9D4F-4B5CCE1BBF33.jpeg.7907e4b36b471e69d0a07a520fa6b90a.jpeg

All the Chaos Dwarf models are very collectible. 

I don't think we ever really played standard Warhammer so I probably only got the Chaos Dwarf stuff quite late on. Shame as I think i'd probably have prefered standard Warhammer to 40k.

I've been through the Warhammer Quest pricing and have the following. First price is what i've taken from ebay for recent sales, bearing in mind the condition/missing components (which only really effects the base game, everything else is complete). Second price is at 30% discount (15 ebay/paypal, 10 for active thread contributor, 5 for bulk purchase). I'll also throw in the various White Dwarf bits due to the variable quality on them and the lack of supporting  documentation  (although i'm sure this is available online). Free Delivery within 2ish hours of Oxford still stands.

image.png.a0ad0f2a914314ebf0da013766d46897.png

Still expensive, I appreciate - but you won't get a much better pack for the game for the money. If anyone is interested let me know. 

• Upvote 1

Add feathers to the list of things I'll not be painting again for a while...not quite finished them yet, but they were at the stage when I thought I'd stick them on the main figure.

sanguiniuswip13.thumb.jpg.4fbc23d98bb59d18fd1ce5ec238334d9.jpg

• Upvote 4

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/warhammer-40k-bundle?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_2

Humble Warhammer Bundle 2020

The Emperor Protects. The Age of the Imperium is at hand in our newest bundle! Guide mankind (or their foes) in games like Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Collection, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III, and Blood Bowl 2 Legendary. Plus, your purchase will support SpecialEffect and a charity of your choice!

Pay €1 or more. Normally, the total cost for the games in this bundle is as much as US$204. Here at Humble Bundle, you choose the price and increase your contribution to upgrade your bundle! This bundle has a minimum €1 purchase.

• Upvote 2

Thanks guys. really enjoyed doing it. no metallics for once. and all OSL was with a brush so i got chance to do some much needed practice.  He was given away last night in a raffle. so i have a new thing to work on for the next one. a Turquoise and purple bloatdrone.

Newest purchase.

image.thumb.png.6202bcf5b438b3e1563aa48d7dfbbfef.png

Now just to chase down a few units and I can paint that second ed space wolves army I've always wanted. 

The questions is - classic cartoony ALL THE COLOURS! look, or more realistic grimdark?

• Upvote 3

Email from GW - the app is out. Sign up. Go to ‘download’ page.  iOS coming soon. :mad: great. Just have my money while I pay for a sub I can’t use. Why not mention this first?  Sad times, I was ready

• Upvote 1

Well, the chap who commissioned the Sanguinius from me has just collected, but also deposited the five new Primaris character models from the box set with me :) . So, finally I'll have an excuse to paint 'em. 

They're lovely figures indeed.

• Upvote 5

@moosegrinderThey look fantastic. 
that green wants a wash of something to give it some contrast. 

I bought a helbrute on eBay only for it to arrive with half the arm and a foot missing. Got a partial refund and kitbashed an arm out of spare bits and made a foot of tentacles out of green stuff. Swapped the Tiny anguished face for the spare mortarion one. Helbrute for less than a tenner. 

D2CC3C69-D967-46E8-822C-42FE68C9F405.jpeg

• Upvote 2