rllmuk
Lorfarius

Games Workshop, An Appreciation Thread

I'm thinking of selling my Death Guard army, as it never gets used, will keep a few bits for kill team and some proxied models maybe but would be getting rid of

Lord of War

Mortarion

HQ

Typhus

Ahriman (30k model)

Daemon Prince of Nurgle w/Sword (resin)

Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour

Lord of Contagion

Felthius (Named Lord of Contagion)

Malignant Plaguecaster x 2

Elites

Biologus Putrifier

Noxious Blightbringer

Blightlord Terminator x 8

Foul Blightspawn

Helbrute

Fast Attack

Foetid Bloat-drone x 3

Myphitic Blight-hauler x 3

Heavy Support

Plagueburst Crawler x 3 (1 painted, 2 NoS)

Troops

Chaos Cultist x 10

Plague Marine x 15 (maybe 10 depending on what I keep for kill team)

Plaguebearer x 10

Poxwalker x 20

Transport

Chaos Rhino x 2 – customised to be extra nurgly

Plus codex and datacards, which comes to around about £700 worth if you tried to buy it all from GW today, but I have no idea how to price it. I didn't pay anything like that much as using 3rd parties, buying from ebay and starter boxes, conquest etc.

Oh, and a feldherr case for mortarion.

Most of it is painted to what I'd hope was a decent tabletop standard. (as you guys will have seen over the past few years). They aren't going to win any prizes but they're ok. 

Do I ask for speculative silly money for it? or resign myself to getting pennies on the pound as I've ruined it all by painting it?  

Like a PC, selling it in parts will likely get you some decent cash. Bulk sales might be easier to sort out, but you'll lose a fair amount on it I suspect! 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, And said:

I guess but it's so many parts, so many ebay and paypal fees, so many trips to the post office. 

You can do it in groupings though - an Elites set, a troops set and so on. Nothing too painful!

• Upvote 1

Battlefoam bags are expensive and ugly, but I've gotten good use out of branded ones I bought from them while on clearance - they're nice and sturdy, and hold almost any army of mine: alas, I don't have deep enough foam trays for my mangler squigs (stupid combination of wide base and tall model), so I've magnetised their base and carry them around in this extremely cool tin:

636243639_SquigsandTinsmaller.thumb.jpg.9d25578272703027615f020759bc01dd.jpg

But yeah, my clearance Mantic-branded Battlefoam bag does a good job otherwise. I wouldn't recommend getting them at full-price though, unless money is no object (and at that point I'd favour going for a fully magnetised army instead of relying on foam).

11 minutes ago, Oracle said:

Managed to swing by the local Warhammer store here in Tokyo and grab some season 2 space marine heroes :)

Those Blood Angels Terminators are amazing! I keep looking on ebay at them.

2 minutes ago, The Eagle Lord said:

Those Blood Angels Terminators are amazing! I keep looking on ebay at them.

pfft I dont touch vampires - death guard all the way for me 

• Upvote 2

Did anyone else enter Armies on Parade last weekend? I absolutely love it, it's one of my favourite days of the year, seeing everyone's cool armies and a few scenic boards. I entered my Dark Angels on a muddy moonscape I made. I didn't finish in the top three overall in my local store, but I did get best painted. :)

I'll post some pics a bit later. 

• Upvote 1

Was thinking about it but just can't really commit to spending 5 hours of a weekend day in a gw store.

The good news is my new lizard man team arrived and I've got them built and ready for painting.

Bad news is I've broken my arm biking and so can't actually hold a model to paint...

• Empathy 1

6 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

Did anyone else enter Armies on Parade last weekend? I absolutely love it, it's one of my favourite days of the year, seeing everyone's cool armies and a few scenic boards. I entered my Dark Angels on a muddy moonscape I made. I didn't finish in the top three overall in my local store, but I did get best painted. :)

I'll post some pics a bit later. 

Isn't it a painting competition? Or is the top three thing like a public vote for your favourite but not necessarily the best?

Only a little bit over a year since I started all of these, using the first 4 issues of Conquest, a tub of white and a few cheap brushes.

Spoiler

46704F4C-D77E-48A9-8A08-0DBA7D96F2C5.jpeg.e10bb645bfc6cb1a4be6402e87571814.jpeg
D226A9B2-8EF8-438E-8E01-4DF6042294B8.jpeg.ff117aa501f893a2fc1507c8ef4c36a2.jpeg

831541E8-577C-49DB-90FE-3C18FD10F938.jpeg.3a5e71de0bfbc20746788bb90ed549c8.jpeg

AC2F3F70-6856-4C72-9499-707BE6AA1F07.jpeg.a2fbbe8c8e5249780e5412ac3bd1c1ad.jpeg

72D6FE28-19F3-4F35-B6BC-F9D28CEE73EF.jpeg.63cc4b6b3bbc1f137591c6383eb8a72f.jpeg

A41325A7-0C20-42B5-8D84-E5FB722A1012.jpeg.ed735a6c0d490df4b9113cd8a5e6277b.jpeg

1457F187-6682-4A3C-8A1E-C2B61DEDAA53.jpeg.d5acba0d5e64502ae7022b79bd31cc4d.jpeg
F7638F77-05BE-4067-98A4-AAE0C4AEF8B4.jpeg.440caad4518b85168bde19e47522e42e.jpeg
41A68E2E-264E-4217-AF8C-CA81CC546B5E.jpeg.df6b2d8683df3c51893b26fa7a51df4b.jpeg

Just need some sand for the bases.

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

My entry wasn't anything special, 

Posts pictures showing this to be a huge lie.

• Upvote 6

I recently got back into painting after joining a D&D game and needing a model to represent my character. Haven't painted since the mid 90's and even then I wasn't very good but it feels much easier to start with due to the sheer number of tutorials on YouTube and the Citadel Paint app being genuinely useful. I messed up a few (including a £15 Eldar Farseer which was an expensive lesson) but have really gotten back to enjoying it again. Here's my Primaris Librarian work in progress, I was happy with the camo pattern but kind of wish I hadn't used a wash of Agrax Earthshade on the cloak as it dulled large sections right down. I couldn't think of any other way to bring a bright contrast back other than making the power sword a heat weapon. Still needs a quite a few bits tidied up and the backpack attached but I think this is my favourite of the 6 or so I've done so far over the last couple of months. Any suggestions as to how I might bring the figure itself back up to less of a dull colour other than the edge highlights on the armour would be very welcome!  

image.png.31361efe5d72ef0f0890d3fb19239bff.png

• Upvote 8

9 hours ago, Stagger Lee said:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Necromunda-Dark-Uprising-EN-2019

I haven't painted in almost two years. I have a massive pile of shame. But I want this. I want this badly.

It is a nice looking set thing that bugs me with the lack off effort that has gone into those retooling. 

The guy with the classic "corporal hicks, rifle up" post has the same head and arm etc as the Primaris Marine in the same pose!!

Those Khorne Grinder Cultists look sick with the masks of homage.