rllmuk
Lorfarius

Games Workshop, An Appreciation Thread

On 22/08/2019 at 12:03, And said:

Quite pleased with this guy. Got a couple more to do so hope to improve on the cloak, trying to get more contrast. 

Needed him done quick for a game tonight so will be able to spend a bit more time on his squadmates. 

Main armour done with the contrast paints and the odd edge highlight. 

CDB89E25-F0EE-45E4-A0D7-146BFE815602.jpeg

9E66AC86-F335-42F5-B835-D600B6F56C26.jpeg

6FBFEA9E-671C-42DE-BFF8-317C7B60D615.jpeg

Getting no pics and a 404 when i click the links :(

I've been having some problems with my photos disappearing but here comes an attempted Imperial Knight WIP picture dump.

1) Inexpert greenstuffing of the cracks!

IMAG8611a.thumb.jpg.842f0caf8163e24fa8ddd7a6315ac517.jpg

2) Incompetent airbrushing of the armour!  I'm using GW's clear airbrush paints.  I much prefer them to Tamiya's stinky toxic clear paint.  They don't smell as deadly, and aren't as thick and sticky.  Preshading was done with clear blue, and clear green in the darkest recesses.  You can see how I struggle with airbrushing.

IMAG8621a.thumb.jpg.fd3d314bcae87842ef5d4a703675dffe.jpg

3) Silver bits painstakingly restored!  Took hours.

IMAG8624a.thumb.jpg.2fd6ba169207f329c9b682effbaef81e.jpg

IMAG8628a.thumb.jpg.e2e6616f46eb89c087e416f1e57faed2.jpg

4) Weathering and edge highlighting on the silver and bronze areas!  Took even more hours than the last bit.

IMAG8629a.thumb.jpg.f1bd5c6d5ca3382bb12045416cb577d4.jpg

• Upvote 3

ahhh tip for Knight legs. you can pretty much just sand that seam out of the front of the legs. the only part you need to worry about is the round bit at the top, as the armour panels cover the rest of the leg.

• Upvote 1

Now you tell me!  :P

5)  Freehand lettering on the scrolls!  Took an iron nerve.  Plus some verdigris and eye lenses and such.

DSC_0007a.thumb.jpg.c3ee8f6b507e608343d4fd55b9e50a30.jpg

DSC_0009a.thumb.jpg.c3d89718e97b5d4ec0a2e9ac6fdbe524.jpg

6) Started the base!

DSC_0010a.thumb.jpg.ced9530916031a80f3bd0ccc8c505fd0.jpg

I have to get it all finished by Friday evening.   :wacko:

• Upvote 6

yes pls

On 27/08/2019 at 15:27, Pelekophoros said:

I'm so excited for it, it looks wonderful.

Did the original 2007 release work on a hex based board as well?

Someone I was talking to the other day said not.

15 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Someone I was talking to the other day said not.

Interesting. Hopefully it means it's super different from X-Wing then. The challenge this weekend is going to be not pre-ordering all of it, especially as I don't actually know why I'd need extra tiny planes right now.

Loads of bonkers announcements from Nova over night. The Ossiarch Bonereapers may be enough to get me into an AoS army, where even the Nighthaunt had only tempted me previously. So much stuff.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

Thanks mate.  :)

I bought a bunch of paints specifically to paint it, so I reckon I should probably do a whole army to justify the expense.  :D

Lovely work. Also what are you on about clearly you need another 4 to complete the Lance and fill out the Super Heavy Support Detachment. And at least 15 vanguard Skitarii, might as well get transports too to limit the drops....

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Captain Novaforce said:

Lovely work. Also what are you on about clearly you need another 4 to complete the Lance and fill out the Super Heavy Support Detachment. And at least 15 vanguard Skitarii, might as well get transports too to limit the drops....

Plus Several units of castellan robots and maybe some Of those half track dudes too...

• Upvote 2

Joke's on you guys.  I've already got, in various plastic tubs around my painting table waiting to be assembled, a second knight, two knight armigers, some castellan robots, two units of kataphron half-track guys, a dunecrawler, some skitarii...

• Upvote 2

To be honest I don't really have armies as such, just bits and pieces of them, mainly models I like the look of, or things from those big boxes they do. Like I have some Death Guard, but only from the Dark Imperium box and some stuff from Warhammer Conquest magazine.

My Sylvaneth are definitely an army, and I have several squads of Dark Angels guys. I've also got about 1500 points of Dark Eldar. Those are the nearest to deliberate armies. 

With the Admech, I bought a start collecting box years ago because I reckon they're the most 40K models that GW do. They fit to the aesthetic from the art I remember from the 80s. I put them aside until I learned how to paint properly. Then I got an Admech battlebox for Christmas one year, and bought the Forgebane box when it came out as well! So I sort of do have an army of them. 

Sylvaneth remains the only army I could field fully painted. 

On 03/09/2019 at 21:05, The Eagle Lord said:

Some of you may already know this so apolgies in advance but Games Workshop brought out Warhammer 40K Combat Cards on mobile phones. 

Links to versions and more information below:-

https://www.flaregames.com/games/warhammer-combat-cards/

I’ve got this it’s not bad but strategy doesn’t come into it so far. I’m at level nine, it would be nice if you could add friends but that doesn’t seem to be a Feature just yet. 

Yeah, it’s a bit crap* isn’t it? Reminds me of that Star Wars one from a few years back. 

I keep getting matched with guys with much bigger and better decks 

*though I’m still playing it. 

54 minutes ago, And said:

Yeah, it’s a bit crap* isn’t it? Reminds me of that Star Wars one from a few years back. 

I keep getting matched with guys with much bigger and better decks 

*though I’m still playing it. 

• Upvote 2