IGNORED

"Born-again fanboys"

Let us measure

I really hope that's not how people see me, or I might as well leave.

Davros, you are most certainly not a fanboy. Your enthusiastic opinions when discussing particular games has always been welcome, and were in fact directly responsible for me buying a GC just to play RE4. Your comments have never slipped into 'loony fanboy land', and I was extremely surprised to even see your name brought up.

Fret not.

I'm a fanboy and I don't care. I don't diss games I don't like, but I defend the ones I do even if others don't agree. What's the problem?

That said, there are some threads I just end up staying the fuck away from because of negative criticism from "fans" that just won't stop. Unfortunately it's usually for games I really like such as MP3 and SMG. :unsure:

What if he called you a fanboy in the OP?

I don't think he picked those names at random. And, you know, he did explain his reasonable and non-offensive reasoning to ensure that no one had any reason to over react. And, you know, lots of other people have embraced the thread's intentions and declared themselves fanboys.

I don't think he picked those names at random. And, you know, he did explain his reasonable and non-offensive reasoning to ensure that no one had any reason to over react. And, you know, lots of other people have embraced the thread's intentions and declared themselves fanboys.

As did I.

But my remark was an attempt to wind Chooch up in a light-hearted manner. I'm neutral here and forgot the :unsure: smilie at the end.

Davros, you are most certainly not a fanboy. Your enthusiastic opinions when discussing particular games has always been welcome, and were in fact directly responsible for me buying a GC just to play RE4. Your comments have never slipped into 'loony fanboy land', and I was extremely surprised to even see your name brought up.

Fret not.

<cleese>

I AM NOT A LOONEY!

</cleese>

In my humble opinion the definition of a fanboy (man) is someone who likes something with a healthy amount of passion. Thus if this is the case then we are all fanboys (men) of one thing or another. With this in mind I will say I am a Fanman (prefer not to refer to myself as a boy as I am old) of the following in no particular order:

Arsenal

MGS (PS1)

Game Cube

Sex

Literature

My wife

PS2

Anything connected to gaming

Rez my new found love.

I think what I am trying to say is that maybe we should embrace the phrase Fanboy as a term of endearment and not a slur.

Davros, you're taking things far too seriously of late. The reaction here, the thing with Smitty in the Resident Evil 4 thread and this frankly ridiculous post complaining about 'spoilers' would seem to indicate the forum is driving you a bit mental.

Take a break. Enjoy the amazing games at your disposal, have a nice Christmas and come back refreshed and relaxed in the New Year.

*exactly* EDIT : in response to DJ KNIGHT

in fact, those who profess to not even have a slight preference for anything are either lying or a bit dull.

have some PASSION guys.

I've always been a fanperson of some-sort involved in all kinds of debates such as: Speccy/C64 - Gibson/Fender - Porsche/Ferrari - Scotland/England - Nintendo/Sony/MS - Metallica/Megadeth - Sabbath/Zeppelin - Glasgow/Edinburgh ... yadda yadda

it's what makes life fun... healthy friendly lively banter and debate.

In my humble opinion the definition of a fanboy (man) is someone who likes something with a healthy amount of passion. Thus if this is the case then we are all fanboys (men) of one thing or another. With this in mind I will say I am a Fanman (prefer not to refer to myself as a boy as I am old) of the following in no particular order:

Arsenal

MGS (PS1)

Game Cube

Sex

Literature

My wife

PS2

Anything connected to gaming

Rez my new found love.

I think what I am trying to say is that maybe we should embrace the phrase Fanboy as a term of endearment and not a slur.

Men can be old boys though...

But anyway, yes there is nothing wrong with being a fanboy. If we want to use the word in the way that you have.

So what do we call those narrow-minded fuckers who think that their system is the best and that any games on any other systems are inferior apart from maybe a handheld made by the same manufacturer as their favourite system?

Apart from child.

Men can be old boys though...

But anyway, yes there is nothing wrong with being a fanboy. If we want to use the word in the way that you have.

So what do we call those narrow-minded fuckers who think that their system is the best and that any games on any other systems are inferior apart from maybe a handheld made by the same manufacturer as their favourite system?

Apart from child.

call them Scottseearse's

Apart from child.

Short-sighted obsessive trolls?

I'm a massive XBLA fanboy, but mainly because I find the games on there to just as fun for a fraction of the cost. I'm not specifically a fan of shooters and puzzlers, I just don't think I'm as happy with the 'next-gen' as everyone else is. A return to simplicity is what I crave.

In my humble opinion the definition of a fanboy (man) is someone who likes something with a healthy amount of passion.

Nah, that's just a person with a zest for life.

That's a fanboy. A horrible sub-species of humans who should be publicly humiliated.

The rest of us are merely gaming enthusiasts.