rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Timmo

Good crisp bad crisp

Full size Monster Munch are back like in the good old days. I have snagged myself 12 of the Beef flavour ones. They are amazing! Shame there is only one type of monster in the bag though ( the four legged one).

Admittedly, I've had to employ necromancy in order to answer your question, but if you want a hot crisp, then I thoroughly recommend the new Nandos Hot Peri Peri crisps that you should be able to find in Tesco. Hottest crisps I've had in a long time.

The bbq ones of those Nandos are amazing, so so hot.

Just had some Nandos Peri Peri chicken crisps, the medium ones

You can get them from Tesco

Lovely!

And these are next, later this evening nom nom nom.

Well I've now tried all those new Walker's flavours so I can give you the EXCLUSIVE lowdown:

Chilli & Chocolate **

Not really like chocolate; slightly cocoa-y but no sugar or sweetness. A bit weird and not al that pleasant (although not as bad as you might expect)

Onion Bhaji ****

Pretty authentic-tasting, so if you like onion bhajis you should like these! Luckily I do quite like onion bhajis. Smelly though

Crispy Duck & Hoisin **

These are quite nice, but they're a bit too bland and the hoisin isn't distinct enough by far

Builder's Breakfast ***

Quite clever - you get an initial flavour of egg white, followed by smokey bacon crisps and a hint of tomato. A bit odd, but not at all unpleasant

Fish & Chips ***

Quite nice, but there's no real fish flavour here. Basically salt & vinegar crisps with an added flavour of chip shop batter

Cajun Squirrel **

Okay I guess, but they're more like 'generic mild curry flavour'. I'd expect 'cajun' to be a bit smoky but maybe that's wrong, I dunno

Has anyone tried the revamped Walkers Sensations yet?

But they're not the same any more are they?!

Phileas Fogg Tortilla Chips, circa late 80s, early 90s - the finest crisp based snack of all time:

http://www.julesverne.ca/jvpfff1.html

http://www.julesverne.ca/jvpfff2.html

Ah the memories... I can't understand why they messed with the flavour when so many inferior snacks have stood the test of time.

This is one of the truest statements I've ever read in my life.

I tried some more today including an entire packet of Fish & Chips and I've revised my opinions somewhat on these flavours:

Chilli & Chocolate **

Not really like chocolate; slightly cocoa-y but no sugar or sweetness. Not totally gross but not very nice either

Crispy Duck & Hoisin ***

These are quite nice, but they're a bit too light on flavour and the hoisin isn't distinct enough by far

Fish & Chips ****

Once you eat a few the fishiness does start to come through. You also get salt, vinegar and a distinct and reasonably accurate batter flavour. Nice!

I think I'll vote for fish and chips to win the competition, although I'd be perfectly pleased if Onion Bhaji won.

The fish and chips are my favourite too and that's where my vote is going. I like the Duck and the Onion Bhaji ones also, but wasn't fussed by the choc and chilli, breakfast or Squirrel.

The fish and chips are my favourite too and that's where my vote is going. I like the Duck and the Onion Bhaji ones also, but wasn't fussed by the choc and chilli, breakfast or Squirrel.

Yeah, best to worst it’s:

1. Fish & Chips

2. Onion Bhaji

3. Crispy Duck & Hoisin

4. Builder’s Breakfast

5. Cajun Squirrel

6. Chilli & Chocolate

My best to worst on the Walkers Create a Taste crisps:

1 - Onion Bhaji (There was no real contest here in my opinion, tasted quite nice and relatively like a bhaji!)

2 - Fish & Chips (Subtle flavour but nice fish and vinegar hints.)

3 - Chilli & Chocolate (Nice kick of chilli and the dash of cocoa flavouring makes it weird but interesting.)

4 - Builder's Breakfast (Expected more from this but the over riding flavour of egg doesn't do it justice.)

5 - Cajun Squirrel (Nothing of note here, tastes like a bad version of Walker's own BBQ crisps._)

6 - Duck & Hoisin Sauce (Absolutely BOGGIN as we Norn Iron ones say. I can honestly say that I have only ever had one thing more disgusting in my mouth in my life.)

My best to worst on the Walkers Create a Taste crisps:

1 - Onion Bhaji (There was no real contest here in my opinion, tasted quite nice and relatively like a bhaji!)

2 - Fish & Chips (Subtle flavour but nice fish and vinegar hints.)

3 - Chilli & Chocolate (Nice kick of chilli and the dash of cocoa flavouring makes it weird but interesting.)

4 - Builder's Breakfast (Expected more from this but the over riding flavour of egg doesn't do it justice.)

5 - Cajun Squirrel (Nothing of note here, tastes like a bad version of Walker's own BBQ crisps._)

6 - Duck & Hoisin Sauce (Absolutely BOGGIN as we Norn Iron ones say. I can honestly say that I have only ever had one thing more disgusting in my mouth in my life.)

Uh...

Best : Tudor Gammon *RIP* - the best crisp of all time hands down...

Worst : Walkers Baked (any flavour)

I remember one crisp. Bovril flavour. Possibly smiths. Aaages ago, before foil packets.

Those are the best crisps ever.

I've now tried the Fish & Chips and Hoi Sin Duck flavours, and they're just as disgusting as the Chilli & Chocolate ones. I genuinely didn't know it was possible to make unpleasant crisps until I tried these out. Worst idea ever?

Edit - Add Builder's Breakfast to the list of vile crisps. A guy at work has a multipack of these blasted things, and keeps tempting me to try them. They're horrific.

Everytime i'm eating a bag of these new flavours (we have a couple of six-packs of them in the house) I just keep thinking "I wish I was eating Cheese and Onion or Ready Salted right now". Builders Breakfast is definitly the best flavour so far though. Just eating Fish and Chips now, the fishyness is so rank.

Just had some Nandos Peri Peri chicken crisps, the medium ones

You can get them from Tesco

Lovely!

These are stupidly nice, and they pack the bags up too. Best crisps I've had in years.

Well Chocolate and Chilli was fucking HORRIBLE. It really hit it out the park when it comes to disgusting flavours of crisps. I actually had like 2 crisps, and I had swill out my mouth with water. But that wasn't enough, I ended up having to clean my teeth just to get the flavour out. Absolutly disgusting. Tasted like cardboard/pencil sharpenings/WRONG THINGS FOR CRISPS ETC.

Seriously Walkers, actually fuck off. Who let that flavour through the testing? The rest are a bit of fun but Chocolate and Chilli is borderline abuse.

Had a rep from Walkers come into work a couple of days ago and she brought along te new flavours for usto try. Good God! Thay are all rank. The least revolting was the Onion Bhaji but they do make the breath reek. The Fish and Chips and Chilli and Chocolate ones are just truly revolting. I don't think they were the opinions she was looking for.

On another note I asked her if they considered bringing back the Beef and Onion flavour and she said that Steak and Onion were the same flavour. Fuck right off are they!