Good crisp bad crisp

7 hours ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

Mini Chedders

465902011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=9e43a

Quite Nice

515949011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=9f7fb

Mingin', that same fake chemically jalapeno taste you get on some american crisps. Shite!

Crackers, not crisps :quote:

On 04/08/2020 at 11:54, Mr Combo Breaker said:

Mini Chedders

465902011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=9e43a

Quite Nice

Mingin', that same fake chemically jalapeno taste you get on some american crisps. Shite!

I tried the lime and chilli and the chipotle chicken wing flavours. Both pretty bad. Avoid.

59 minutes ago, Thwomp said:

I found some interesting crisps at my local corner shop: Lea & Perrins flavour Seabrook. I haven't tried them but they sound very nice.

Do Seabrook's have a bad flavour ? I'm trying to think here. Walkers are a constant let down but Seabrooks usually go hard. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/02/2020 at 21:13, Jg15 said:

unnamed.png.4e4d792a9a7e34d0d90f97d79d4d3f16.png

Mackie's Haggis crisps are my new favourite find. Found them cheap in B&M's near me a while back and subsequently chugged the lot whilst watching an episode of Viking's the other night. 

I am not a Haggis conisseuir btw, but these taste sublime with a nice satisfying thickness to the crisp (don't think I have tried this brand before but assume the thickness is the same with other flavours).

OMG, these are genuinely amazing! I've only ever had them once, years ago and could never find them again. I've been trying to find them ever since, like a fat greasy gollum trying to find his precious crisps. Thanks for the B&M heads up!

3 hours ago, LowCostMonkey said:

OMG, these are genuinely amazing! I've only ever had them once, years ago and could never find them again. I've been trying to find them ever since, like a fat greasy gollum trying to find his precious crisps. Thanks for the B&M heads up!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mackies-Scotland-Haggis-Cracked-Pepper/dp/B005FEW1DU/ref=asc_df_B005FEW1DU/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310810202054&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11771249672232006691&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045127&hvtargid=pla-588884349328&psc=1

£16.50 for 24 on Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Skull Commander said:

It must have been a proper death spiral. Stores weren't stocking them because demand was low, so people couldn't buy them. I only didn't buy them because I couldn't find them (always looked out for them in Poundland which was the only place I could get them in the last 5 years or so). I'd usually stay away from beef-flavoured crisps (the smell alone is usually minging), but the mustardy kick of Brannigan's made them an exception. A sad loss.

Does anyone else remember their beer nuts? They were fucking magic. Only ever saw them in my local off-licence. Christ that's 30 years ago now.  I'm so old.

I don't remember their nuts, but that is something I would have been interested in!

The roast beef and mustard, and smoked ham and pickle crisps were peerless, and I still rate them as top 3 all time favorites. You are right that they only ever seemed to be available from the cheaper shops, but I wonder if their fat content had something to do with people not wanting to sell them? In these days of every crisp getting gimped in some way, Brannigans were always (to my knowledge) untampered with and full fat. 

On 04/08/2020 at 11:54, Mr Combo Breaker said:

I'm glad it's not just me. These are disgusting. I thought they had gone off, but i tried another pack and it's still nasty.

Red Leicester are the best!

It's what they would have wanted.

That is really rubbish news also. They were indeed a rare commodity so I was always very pleased to see them. Would always pick them over Walkers etc.

• 2 weeks later...