Good crisp bad crisp

Bizarrely the "only" cost 95p a pack in the pub, and I thought that was expensive. Incidentally, they are available to buy from Amazon's grocery department... for £4 a bag.

The pub ones are smaller than the supermarket ones.

I always stock up on multiple Snyder flavours when I go to the States, but they've been on sale for quite a few years i the UK now though. Limited flavours as far as I an tell though.The cheddar cheese ons make me little bit come.

Full range here: http://www.snydersofhanover.com/products.html

The pub ones are smaller than the supermarket ones.

I always stock up on multiple Snyder flavours when I go to the States, but they've been on sale for quite a few years i the UK now though. Limited flavours as far as I an tell though.The cheddar cheese ons make me little bit come.

Full range here: http://www.snydersofhanover.com/products.html

Oh man I've just seen they do hot buffalo wing flavour!

You write that without mention of Smith's salt n' vinegar chipsticks...

walkers-chipstick-375g-68z67222.jpg

A fine crunchy stick.

My immediate thought was the mighty Bobby's Snacks must have one and lo' and behold they seem to do Crispy Fries. Can't say I've ever seen them though, and my local corner shop has all the others.

I did! In my first sentence. Sadly I just don't like them as much as my scummy off brand ones. And I've just seen this was the first reply and I've only just noticed it. I want to love these but I don't. :(

The Jalapeno ones are pretty good (available in Waitrose)

Those are ok, pale in comparison to the buffalo wing ones. Weirdly the only place in the UK I can buy that flavour regularly is in a little deli in the Outer Hebrides.

Those are ok, pale in comparison to the buffalo wing ones. Weirdly the only place in the UK I can buy that flavour regularly is in a little deli in the Outer Hebrides.

http://www.scorchio.co.uk/snyders-buffalo-wing-pretzel-pieces-p-1367.html

Out of stock at the moment, but I usually get them from these guys as part of a general "chilli stuff" order (highly recommended site, I have used them loads)

MUST TRY!

So I bought some 'Fahjita' snacks (pinwheels, tubes, wave things, brown wave things etc) which were pretty bland and I had half a pack to eat. Bring out the 'Franks Red Hot WINGS Sauce', and pour that stuff like ketchup over chips on the crisps.

Holy shit, one of the best crisp experiences I've had in yonks. You have to buy the 'Wings' variety of Frank's since it's a lot thicker than the standard, the original is watery like Tabasco. I'd imagine this would work with most crisps, but I'm going to have to hit up some Flamin Hot Doritos next time.

Thank me later.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Golden Wonder cheese & onion, problem is sometimes but not often you get that inconsistency where you buy a multipack and they taste nearly plain, very weak flavour, another problem is they are nice and not that filling so you can eat 4 bags in one night, they taste nicer than supposedly better cheese and onion crisps like walkers

62730_10151406096477961_1753927381_n.jpg

You can get these in the UK occasionally at the super markets. I must say, i found them disapointing. The standard chilli ones are much spicier.

I think they do a couple other similar flavors which are not that great. Cheese & Chilli ones are the best.

I remember really ruthless! Loved those crisps!

Wish I could remember what these were called, but in a vending machine at the local hospital a few years back they had this brand of salt and vinegar crisps I've not heard of before or since. The bags were comparatively huge: you'd get at least three times the amount you'd get in a bag of Walker's, and for only 50p. And they were the most perfect crisps. Thick, properly crunchy, and actually almost moist from the salt and vinegar. Most shops would have charged £2.00 a bag.

A few months later when passing the hospital, I went in for a bag, but the vending machine had vanished entirely, like the Zoltar machine in Big. :(

While my gf was in labour for 36 hours I existed solely on packets of Walkers Max cheeseburger flavour from a hospital vending machine. As such I have fond memories of those crisps, which you don't seem to be able to buy anymore.

Wish I could remember what these were called, but in a vending machine at the local hospital a few years back they had this brand of salt and vinegar crisps I've not heard of before or since. The bags were comparatively huge: you'd get at least three times the amount you'd get in a bag of Walker's, and for only 50p. And they were the most perfect crisps. Thick, properly crunchy, and actually almost moist from the salt and vinegar. Most shops would have charged £2.00 a bag.

A few months later when passing the hospital, I went in for a bag, but the vending machine had vanished entirely, like the Zoltar machine in Big. :(

Not sure why, but puts me in mind of these

seabrook.jpg

Maybe because I only saw them for sale intermittently as a child!

So these are back at Asda:

fish%20n%20chips.jpg

Currently tucking into some. They're as good as I remember.

He's not wrong on this one folks - they're exactly as good as I remember as well something that just doesn't seem to ever happen when things are resurrected.

• 1 month later...

Looks like they might've been discountinued. You can get alerts from Amazon though if they get stock back in.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wheat-Crunchies-Spicy-Tomato-packs/dp/B005TG5YP6

Yep that's what I thought but you can buy them in multipacks

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=272783330

I think I will have to buy a multi-pack on the next trip to Tesco.

Just don't want the other two flavours.