IGNORED

Your Gaming Handicap.

Blue

Yeah, the Halo adrenaline shivers I call it. Don't worry about them, they go away/you get used to it. When you're playing against people on your own it's much worse I reckon.

Yeah I really cannot play Lone Wolves. I've done pretty well in all the Lone Wolves games i've played but after the match has finished I feel like i've just had sex. In a bad way.

Yeah I really cannot play Lone Wolves. I've done pretty well in all the Lone Wolves games i've played but after the match has finished I feel like i've just had sex. In a bad way.

Is that how people really view it? I love that adrenaline feel, and the aftermath. Makes you feel alive.

What?? It isn't!

"All the ways that count" are:

1 - It's a shooter.

2 - It's played from first person.

Gears is a 3rd person shooter.

i think he was just having a go at fozz being a liiiiiiiiiiittle too pedantic about the viewpoint. it's a 3rd person shooter purely for the fact the graphics engine is so damn wonderful and the cover feature wouldn't have worked first person. so we'll leave it there.

anyway, back on topic i absolutely despise realistic driving games, step foward GT and Forza. i've very little interest in taking tests so i can fucking race a fast car or learning racing lines unless my car's capable of taking hairpins at 180mph without a sniff of brake ( ridge racer :unsure: ). less said about manual gearing and car setup the better.

press right trigger and GO BABY GO!

I can't play a fighting game if there's lag. I just can't remove those combos and strategies that I know will no longer work because of the delay. I have to completely reevaluate my game like a Chess player who, when he wishes to move his Bishop five spaces, knows there is a fairly good chance it will move four or six. That's not so much my problem, as the inherent problem of online fighting games, but it's still annoying to be beaten by someone spamming dragon punches, because the lag makes them unparryable.

Rhythm action games fuck me up completely. I like playing them and just about get by on easy modes, but crank up the difficulty and somewhere between my brain and fingers it goes horribly wrong.

Oh god yes. I can do Guitar Hero up to medium, but as soon as that little bastard orange button starts showing up, i'm fucked.

And i'm another of those people who loves the idea of RTSes (building bases and commanding armies of little men! brilliant!), but fails utterly at the actual execution. And i have a similar problem with games like Civilization, or the old Caesar series, or various space-based turn-based strategy games - i'm fine with building up my city/nation/solar system/whatever, keeping my people fed and happy and productive, expanding out into unexplored territory, etc, but as soon as i run into some rival faction everything goes tits up.

I can't play a fighting game if there's lag. I just can't remove those combos and strategies that I know will no longer work because of the delay. I have to completely reevaluate my game like a Chess player who, when he wishes to move his Bishop five spaces, knows there is a fairly good chance it will move four or six. That's not so much my problem, as the inherent problem of online fighting games, but it's still annoying to be beaten by someone spamming dragon punches, because the lag makes them unparryable.

That's like Lewis Hamilton saying "I find I'm rubbish around Silverstone when my hands and legs are tied behind my back!"

Come on now, Jim...you must be shit at something. Don't be afraid, let it out. :)

im generally rubbish at most games...

:)

Same here. I tried Halo 3 on Legendary. Grunts slaughter me.

I'm rubbish at Guitar Hero on anything other than the easiest setting.

3D fighters generally bemuse me. The overall pace is a bit slower than a 2D fighter but the animation of the moves is like lightning. WTF is all that about?

GTA style games or anything with quests/side missions. I do a few objectives, then I get stuck on one and try another, then another etc. I just end up with a load of unfinished missions.

That's like Lewis Hamilton saying "I find I'm rubbish around Silverstone when my hands and legs are tied behind my back!"

Come on now, Jim...you must be shit at something. Don't be afraid, let it out. :(

:);)^_^

I had to think but I've got it now. It's point and click puzzle games! I think it's due to extremes of imagination. I have these items in front of me and I either can't imagine even the slightest way that they can be used to solve whatever problem I'm given or else I go into overdrive and can see potential solutions for all of them. I might be trapped in a room with a high window and in my inventory is a ladder, a bar of soap, a radio and a mouse; and I simply won't be able to solve it! I'll either completely fail to see that the ladder is obviously the right answer, or I'll think "no, that's too obvious, I must have to throw the mouse out of the window to go for help, or reconfigure the radio into a teleportation device".

Yep, that's the one! :wub:.

I had to think but I've got it now. It's point and click puzzle games! I think it's due to extremes of imagination. I have these items in front of me and I either can't imagine even the slightest way that they can be used to solve whatever problem I'm given or else I go into overdrive and can see potential solutions for all of them. I might be trapped in a room with a high window and in my inventory is a ladder, a bar of soap, a radio and a mouse; and I simply won't be able to solve it! I'll either completely fail to see that the ladder is obviously the right answer, or I'll think "no, that's too obvious, I must have to throw the mouse out of the window to go for help, or reconfigure the radio into a teleportation device".

Yep, that's the one! :).

Sounds like me and the Phoenix Wright games: as the solutions got more and more outlandish, I'd try to out-obscure them by thinking up wildly imaginative scenarios for contradictions, and then find out that, no, they weren't using my attorney's badge as the murder weapon...