IGNORED

Your Gaming Handicap.

Blue

To counterbalance the bragging thread then...what are you rubbish at in games? Are you shit hot with a shotgun but can't negotiate your way round Silverstone in a Mini with the rev limiter on?

Me, I love FPS, but I can't learn maps to save myself. That's why I did quite well at Gears of War I think... because the maps were tiny.

In halo 2, and 3 so far, most of my deaths were/are due to not having a clue where I am or where my adversary might be.

Sucks!

You?

Sense of direction. I haven't got one. As much as I love Shenmue, I still get lost in the docks, the town, the area around the town and, on particularly bad days, the house. And the less said about Shenmue II, the better...

This also leads to problems in multiplayer FPS's, unsurprisingly.

Racing games, I am god-awful at them.

Also up until recently I would have said "playing any FPS' on a pad". I was a pure keyboard + mouse believer, couldn't make the adjustment for years. Thanks to a few extended sessions with Gears of War I finally managed to adapt.

Thanks, Gears of War. *thumbs up*

I have never and will never beat anyone in an RTS.

I quite like them as well.

I am exactly the same, played a few online with friends and I actually convince myself I am doing quite well. Until the realisation sinks in when I send my team off to attack and they don't come back.

I like Advance Wars in every way.

Except that I'm shit at it. I couldn't even finish AW2's campaign.

Also, another thing is, well, for lack of a better term, "delayed gratification" causes me problems on things like Halo - I have a tendency to jump right into combat without first locating a better weapon and putting the enemy in a poorer tactical position. When I played the original UT at uni, I spent a month taming this and improved to a very high level - but after I stopped, it came back again and it makes winning in Halo 3 difficult.

I'm a terrible button basher at fighting games or things like God of War meaning I end up being absolutely rubbish at them. That said, it seems to be going ok with this tactic in Heavenly Sword

I also tend to suffer quite badly in online FPS's because I like to be in their fighting straight away, I never take the time to get to know any maps, or where weapons are, and never think about backing off for a second a consider any taactics. I just run in there like a moron and get killed a lot

Racing games, I am god-awful at them.

Also up until recently I would have said "playing any FPS' on a pad". I was a pure keyboard + mouse believer, couldn't make the adjustment for years. Thanks to a few extended sessions with Gears of War I finally managed to adapt.

Thanks, Gears of War. *thumbs up*

:( um.... Gears ins't an FPS.

FPS's on the consoles. I have tried to learn to handle a pad, but i just can't handle moving both thumbsticks at the same time.

Also my patience. If a game doesn't entertain me within 5 minutes it gets returned to the store or deleted from the hard drive.

Stealth. I've been playing the Wind Waker and I'm finding the first bit in the evil fortress, right near the start, just stupidly hard. I don't have the patience. Every time I'm waiting in the right place, I just think 'oh i'll go now' even when deep down I know the enemies haven't quite moved out of sight yet, then react with horror and surprise when I get caught. And I can't stand that the game doesn't give me a chance to run away. Argh!

The skill of aiming. I can't aim in any FPS type game for toffee, and I don't enjoy the experience of aiming enough to try and improve, so any game which needs any kind of accurate aiming, or rewards it in anyway, is usually out for me.

I feel like I'm missing out on all the best US developed games (Halo, Bioshock, Half Life etc), as they're almost always FPS which involved aiming most of the time and I just don't enjoy it. I never got on with RE4, despite everyone else on here thinking it was the best game ever, because I got bored of aiming at things, and frustrated that I was constantly out of ammo (because I miss so much). I had a good try with Halo 3 recently, which I really wanted to like, and had some good fun with it, but don't feel inclined to boot it up often even though I haven't finished the single player game and still want to.

I loved Crackdown, as thankfully that had a 'lock on' system, so I didn't need to aim. I'm looking foward to Metriod on the Wii as supposedly that has a lock on system, and was fine firing arrows etc in Zelda TP as I could lock on to targets.

I really should get RE4 on the Wii and give it another go, with the Wiimote - if the aiming is trivially easy (which I suspect it might be with the wiimote) then maybe I'll enjoy the game.

I feel like I'm missing out on all the best US developed games (Halo, Bioshock, Half Life etc), as they're almost always FPS which involved aiming most of the time and I just don't enjoy it....

I really should get RE4 on the Wii and give it another go, with the Wiimote - if the aiming is trivially easy (which I suspect it might be with the wiimote) then maybe I'll enjoy the game.

Given what you've said here, can't you just play Bioshock and Half-Life et al on a PC with a mouse?

Guns. I seem to turn into an all thumbs kind of player in games with them. My aiming is rubbish, and particularly in first-person views I just don't seem to be able to react either quick enough or in the right way. It generally ends up with me going in circles like a rabbit in headlights.

Think I might have to get through this to play Mass Effect. Hopefully the fact I can kind of pause the game in that will help and in the long run maybe it will help me adapt to the idea of aiming and action.

Also, scary stuff. I tried to play the BioShock demo but by the time I'd got down the elevator and seen an enemy outside I was too scared and turned it off.

Strategy games. I love them to death, but I'm just awful at them. Evry time someone complains that a strategy game is too easy, you can bet that I'm struggling, because I just forgot an ally needed healing, or hadn't noticed an enemy nuke could move into range, or...