IGNORED

The Bragging Thread.

Blue

Got:

All cheats on Goldeneye,

All trophies in smash bros melee,

All achievements in Geometry wars. (I have only survived 1 million once, it was one of those YESSS!!! moments.)

Was in the top 10 for Hexic HD 12 months ago with a score of 2,500,000,005 (but now down in 20something).

Completed GUN on Insane difficulty on the 360. An odd inclusion, but my god it was hair pullingly hard. Mostly down to bad game design.

Heh, whenever you think you've achieved something difficult there's always someone going to come along and say 'omg! It's sooooo easy! A retarded, blind monkey could complete it in like 5 seconds!'

:lol:

I did complete Halo on Legendary on my own, and I don't care what you buggers think, that was DIFFICULT! :lol:

Got:

All cheats on Goldeneye,

All trophies in smash bros melee,

All achievements in Geometry wars. (I have only survived 1 million once, it was one of those YESSS!!! moments.)

Was in the top 10 for Hexic HD 12 months ago with a score of 2,500,000,005 (but now down in 20something).

Completed GUN on Insane difficulty on the 360. An odd inclusion, but my god it was hair pullingly hard. Mostly down to bad game design.

Have you ever been outside your house?

:lol:

I'm not great at games, but I love my platformers and I'm not happy until they're totally finished. I'm talking all of the stars in Mario 64, all of the shines in Mario Sunshine, every exit and yoshi coin in Super Mario World. All of the super emeralds with every character in S3&K, every relic and achievement in Tomb Raider Legend, every soul in Dawn of Sorrow. I could go on, I'm a bit of a collect-em-up whore. And I've finished Sands of Time and Symphony of the Night more times than I can remember.

I'm pretty shit at everything else though.

I was once in the top 20 (with Startledmoose) on Facing Worlds (CTF World stats Unreal Tournament).

For ages too, we spent WAAY too many hours playing it. :lol:

Then I was injected with Everquest, UT 2 came out and it just wasn't as good. sigh.

Still, me and DemonC will take some beating next week on COD4 :lol:

Goddamn it I cant wait..

Used to be pretty good at HL - any mod going, really. I would say the game I was best at, overall, was DoD's early betas. An amazing game, more DM than tactical sniping back then.

I held a better Rainbow Road single lap time than was in NOM's magazine, back in the day. Donkey Kong and liberal use of mushrooms, I seem to recall!

I finished House of Usher on the Commodore 64 - 9 times in a row! because I thought it was the only way to finish the game proper. Turned out there was no such thing. "Baltimore"?? What the fuck relevance did that have? And oooooh that dirty rotten cannonball room! I doubt anyone knows what I'm on about, but hey...

I've completed all three Halo games on single-player Legendary. Although that's more a measure of persistence.

I got every coin in San Fransisco Rush 2049 on the Dreamcast. Which I suppose was also persistence.

I beat Chai from the original Shenmue in the You Arcade! You guessed it, persistence.

To be honest, most things I've done are due to stubborn repetition.

Did anyone ever unlock the 'Green Hill Zone' level in Sonic Adventure 2? Now THAT would be something to brag about.

I honestly considered doing that once, but when I realised that it involved playing the game to completion, as every character, several times for each sub-mission, (EDIT: and then there's the ranks to aim for)...it would certainly be worth bragging about, if only because of the masochism involved...

I've completed Oblivion on my first 360, downloaded and completed the Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles expansion packs, completed the PS3 version (which is the original game and KotN) and I'm currently playing the Game of the Year edition on my new 360 with both expansions.

It has some kind of hold on me.

How!? That sounds totally impossible. I remember that knive throwing dude being solid to do, only think I ever managed to kill him once and then you had Wild Dog to contend with which I died. Never got that far again.

Think I might get a Playstation and locate a G Con for some fun times again, used to love Time Crisis 1.

In the house I used to share with several other geeks, we had two identical Sony 29" CRTs side by side, with two playstation 2s, two Gcons, and two copies of Time Crisis 2 :)

I think that's worth bragging about :unsure:

I did that and got all the cheats on Golden Eye. Yes, even the invincibility one.

That's my only acheivement of any note.

By Perfect Dark, however, I realised the pointlessness of such a task.

Yeah, same, for both.

For ages, I could never even get close to the sort of time needed to get the invincibility cheat on the Facility, but finally fluked it, years later. Bastard Doak.

I loved gaming then. Persisting to achieve things in games seemed worth it. Makes me want to punch anyone in the face for insisting this year is the best in gaming evar.

+

Finished Metroid Prime on hard.

Got S ranks on every War Mission on Advance Wars.

Finished all the cups on F-Zero GX.

Did anyone ever unlock the 'Green Hill Zone' level in Sonic Adventure 2? Now THAT would be something to brag about.

Yep I did that although I must confess i'm not sure why it took about 3 months, me and my sister were both trying to see who could do it first I could never do those chao sections again. Other moments include finishing DMC on Dante must Die mode although I never did it on the 3rd game.

Halo 2 RLLMUK tournament

WON! (as total underdogs I might add)

Can we boast about non gaming stuff?

I have a lovely wife and three amazing kids to show for it, they are my greatest achievement.

Despite having no time to play I can still give some of you hardcore gamers a run for your money.