IGNORED

Super Street Fighter IV (3DS/PS3/X360)

Cyhwuhx

I'd quite like to score a single knockdown on Daigo and then taunt for the rest of the set.

I dreamt that I was in Diago's group and through my limited Japanese of telling him what a good cook he is and the food tastes nice he would be my friend and then let me win a round meaning every one else would be my friend and I would have lots of friends. Then I woke up and had no friends and my giant marshmellow was no longer near me :-( Sad times

It's debatable. They may well say you can't use it.

OK, so something outside of SVB on one of the evenings looks like a must. If there's no SSFIV on Saturday then I don't need to be there all day I suppose. I'd be up for watching pretty much all the games they have on regardless, but if peoples are about and we have somewhere for fightings or drinkings then I'd go with that instead.

I like the idea of Scots powering electronic devices using batter, and it saddens me that you choose not to do this.

Why did FREE STYLE SKIL chooose a name that's so open to opponent cheap shots? He's quite shit, and the quip "you can't even SPELL skill mate" has kind of written itself whilst you're still administering the beating.

Also we once saw a Mr. Kipling lorry where the lettering on the side had faded and it said "Exceedingly good cak".

Hee hee.

We should power things with batter. It wouldn't only be apt, but also cost effective. Deep fried links.

I'm up for inane chat and face to face 'muk fightin on the saturday. I'm definitely looking to soak up some SvB atmosphere, but some games' finer points would go over my head anyway. I might as well be in an HDR lobby watching the depleting health bars for MvsC2, for example. Will we all get to play MvsC3, or just the cool kids?

As for the pad, I have access to a wired one. The dpad is a little stiffer though, and there's no cat stickers on it at all.

Also also; that FREE STYLE SKIL probably googles himself, as he sent me voice message after I posted about him as a sore loser saying "wotcha doin runnin ya mouf mate?" and other ridiculous threats. Haha.

Also also also, if you stand in just the right part of the alley that leads up to Glasgow's queen street station, the one that says 'welcome to queen street', you can kinda crop it at either end to say 'come to queer', and take photos of folk below it.

I dreamt that I was in Diago's group and through my limited Japanese of telling him what a good cook he is and the food tastes nice he would be my friend and then let me win a round meaning every one else would be my friend and I would have lots of friends. Then I woke up and had no friends and my giant marshmellow was no longer near me :-( Sad times

Fucking :lol:

Ah, I didn't spot they'd changed the schedule again. So no IV on the Saturday now...

I'd be keen to do an all day SSFIV-fest at my place then on the Sat, I'm not too bothered about the games on show that day. And if people are around that sounds like a lot more fun. I'll go back on the Sunday for the finals (to watch, obviously).

Yes! And we can wear headsets and pretend it's a lobby. Stagger your sentences, create lag! Yank out a cable, rage quit! Lose to Hegg, insult him in his own home!

I'll bring skittles, and that beer you can buy with skittles floating in it. Skittlebrau.

Right. Roll call. Which of you dancing bitches are going to be making an appearance at Super Vs Battle?

OH MAN. I totally forgot about this. I read this during work and have spent the past few hours getting utterly hype about it in my own headspace. I've had to cancel my trip to Korea to find and out chip Pongko, so I'm definitely going to SVB. I'm trying to convince Choo and Uzi too.

This is going to be amaze. I think I might try out my Cody in the main competition. My mission is a surprise FADC Ultra from EX Zonk in every match. I'm unsure if I'll have had enough practice to enter Blazblue, so I can't be bothered with that. Oh man. Hype hype hype hype hype!

Also also; that FREE STYLE SKIL probably googles himself, as he sent me voice message after I posted about him as a sore loser saying "wotcha doin runnin ya mouf mate?" and other ridiculous threats. Haha.

STREET FIGHTER 4

TEKKEN 6 BRYAN FURY IM A BEAST 10 HIT COMBOS

Who is this guy? I feel I'm missing out on a funny story.

Aww, you guys are to kind re: my makoto, I need to fight Goemon's soon, as I suspect he probably has more tricks up his sleeve that I can steal! :P

Highlight of last night's lobby was definitely the Abel v Mak matches with MJG after everyone left, great fun... and world away from the ballache that is Ranked. Definitely going to try and use fukiage as an AA more after seeing Cale use it so effectively, with the EX to follow up!

I'm going to see about SvB. I've got a couple of weeks to work it out, but I may be able to put a couple of people up too, the missus has put enough strangers up in the past, so I can't see it being too much of a problem - I'm in Ealing, so not too far away from the venue.

Could also host a session - SSFIV on PS3/360 (2x PS3 sticks, 1 360) and an OG Xbox with 3S / CPS2 stuff and 2 magic boxes - no compatible sticks.... but I do have 2 Saturn pads that'll do the trick nicely. I usually host a couple of sessions a year with old friends / work mates, so the missus is used to marathon fighting game sessions :)

Might jump on in a bit if anyone's up for more lobby action.

All good man, thanks. You seem to be on at more sensible times now so I'm guessing you're home from Japan?

Jump in a lobby with us all sometime, there's no way better to learn.

Aye, back in Blighty now chap. I bloody miss ol' Nippon, though.

I'm not about this weekend but I'll be on plenty next week so I'll keep an eye out for you boys.

ha, mine does that too! dave et all can surely attest to having heard several screams of anguish from me when my roomie picks up a phone to make a call. i usually stay connected just long enough for them to hear "NOOOOOOO! NOT THE LANDLI--". terrible.

and probably easily fixable if we could just put in the effort to take a look at what's plugged into what.

oh and I should add - Mak on Mak action = <3

Very nearly lost a round due to my reliance on FA setups - was it 3 cr.mp x hayates I ate in a row there? I was lucky not to get stunned! :P

Nice 'Sim action from Craig too, looking forward to getting more games in.

edit - yeah, apparently the live drops are down to a microfilter thing, but i've tried 3 now to no avail

Thanks for the games - it's just what I'm looking for. My main problem is that I don't like playing Ranked (for obvious reasons), so I pretty much only play against my friend, and well, it's easy to get into bad habits when you do that. I'm definitely down for more games.

oh and I should add - Mak on Mak action = <3

Very nearly lost a round due to my reliance on FA setups - was it 3 cr.mp x hayates I ate in a row there? I was lucky not to get stunned! :P

Nice 'Sim action from Craig too, looking forward to getting more games in.

edit - yeah, apparently the live drops are down to a microfilter thing, but i've tried 3 now to no avail

Totally agreed on Mak on Mak! Up there with Sak on Sak for pure fun times. And that match was mental. Can't wait to watch it back again.

Man, did I get a surprise from Fitzcarraldo. Lyrical sent me a message asking whether I fancied a couple of games with him and Fitz and I thought he was someone who had just got the game and wanted some pointers. WRONG. Guy is beastly. Very strong Sim and Seth and tasty with some others too. Good games, chap. Let’s do it again some time.

Had a few rumbles with Carlito after that which a buggerload of fun. Highlight: Gouken countering a Dan taunt. That made me whoop. Lowlight: a double chip finish from Capt. Sodium’s Cody against my increasingly sloppy Adon. I had to laugh though, before removing him from my friends list and reporting him for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Apologies to Hyper whose invite I couldn’t take up last night. Next time, Gadget…

Thanks for all the lovely fights on this videogame last night kiddies! It was a good learning process to see Carlito's Bison in action; totally different links from me, and more effective and appropriate use of them at that. He totally outdid my fat Rufus in the final match of the evening.

His Sakura nearly did a bit of fierce domination of Branstar's (a glasgow ranbat regular) Honda, with plenty of nice overhead mixups and the like. But it all went a bit buttsplash for the next couple of rounds. Sadness.

Really enjoyed the Rufus mirror with Nate, mostly because I managed to stay the fuck away from his demonic throw game.

Loved watching Hyper P's makoto as well; really impressive stuff. I managed to win a game with her, but mostly through clumsy fumbles for karakusa/hayate and taking advantage of j.hp's ridiculous priority. His game was a lesson in mixups and punishes. Jealous.

Also, special mention to the slick play from GC Zombie and the Hakan based terror he was dishing out. He really got the timing for those wake-up throw things down. My Ken got utterly destroyed by it to the point where I got desparate toward the end and mashed out a DP on wakeup. The shame. I got punished heavily for it as well, as if my own self respect ebbing away weren't enough. Very, very impressed and a teensy bit tempted to play Hakan, haha!

Also, afterward I played a 5000+ BP Dan in a mirror match and started by taunting wildly, as always. He totally destroyed me to within a hit of death in the last round, and had full Super, so I strolled up, pushing toward him, hoping he got the hint. He did indeed; gadouken into slow-mo Super Taunt finish! Haha, first time I've seen it online. Lovely stuff.

Gee gees to all last night. Didn't stay for very long as it became abundantly clear I was a little too wasted for the brain and hands to sync up so I bailed after a few games and went off to swear a lot at the telly, i.e. play MW2 instead. I should probably have gone to bed to be honest, feel absolutely wrecked today.

Won't be around for a few days either as I'm away to the brother in law's later on. Sob.

Can't see the detail but I am shocked this hasn't happened before. JLM and Mega Drive can suck a large one if they think I am paying for Block String Knowledge. I knew that shit beforehand they just unlocked the power within. Mad pricing though. 50 bucks, do they offer group discounts or do they just post you a link to Shrouyken.

So if there are a few of us planned to be on tonight any mileage in a few team battles or tournaments. Can mean a few of the less competitive ;-) players get a few more games than in an 8 man lobby and JLM will satisfy his lust for stranger danger.

I do love the stranger danger. Climbing into that metaphorical van with its figurative blacked out windows and hypothetical bag of sweets. It's a real thrill.

Hegg, if Carlito comes for Streetfighting on the SVB Saturday, make sure he doesn't gain access to your kettle or tea making apparatus. He's clearly a liability.

Oh, and BSD, you owe myself and Glocks $25 apiece for that perfect on Cale. It's on your tab.