Team Fortress 2 (360) - Thursdays 20:15

toonfool

Okay, this was one of the best teams I've played in. Some really good stuff on Dustbowl with an epic final capture, good defending later on and great team work in the Well games. It was a pleasure to play with you guys. :lol:

As an added bonus, I managed to bag the Grey Matter achievement with my four head shots, which means I've got all the TF2 achievements now.

Crisp, try to join us on Thursday if you can. It's good stuff.

you don't need a fantastic conenction to host,

the main problem is the one that myself and tar were having before-

that if you host, certain people can not join your game at all.

You do need a bloody good upload speed though if you want more than 8 players.

I've got a different problem in that every time I try to host now, it freezes my 360 and I have to reboot. Doesn't happen unless I'm hosting.

It's a mysterious dark art, the rules for who can invite and who can be invited. I don't know if it's some sort of IP based issue, there's nothing in the game to make any sense of it.

I've had games with randoms where I've left a few spaces in case any friends came online, only to see the game fill up beyond where it should. Randoms have invited people and used my private slots. Sometimes forumites can invite each other on a Thursday night, other times I'm the only one who can bring them in.

It doesn't make any sense to me. And now I read that Chris and Mark can't invite certain people? Madness.

I tell you what. I'll play from 7 PM until 9 PM. I'll see what happens after that.

Thursday evening sign-up:

1) toonfool 2) Mr Do 71 3) the electricant 4) Tetchywayo 5) Vemsie 6) Brucey Bunta 7) Hean Dog ;) LisaSimpson45 9) Mechamonkey Mk2 10) Happy Bryan 11) DesperateRich 12) Adam1986 13) ses1mf1 14) Astilius 15) del3k 16) Erasmus v1 17) enarep 18) Evilwallpaper 19) BrainKleaner 20) moonible 21) El Stev0 22) RetroPop 23) DVDF BeeJay 24) tarules 25) Suizid 26) dinsdale1973 27) Dalvado 28) Wahwah UK 29) Gorxlor 30) monkeyboyX 31) BigCTheAnswer 32) SwallowFM 33) Ste Pickford 34) Garwoofoo 35) tobert 36) Rooty the Pie 37) srgbilco 38) Retro GhostGS 39) Puck666 40) PalefaceX 41) wezlam 42) vimster 43) JDubYes 44) Joalics 45) Jonster 46) Snowman 183 47) InvaderSpluge 48) DavidB 49) The Eagle Lord 50) holburn 51) Mega Drive II 52) Paradiggum

1) toonfool 2) Mr Do 71 3) the electricant 4) Tetchywayo 5) Vemsie 6) Brucey Bunta 7) Hean Dog ;) LisaSimpson45 9) Mechamonkey Mk2 10) Happy Bryan 11) DesperateRich 12) Adam1986 13) ses1mf1 14) Astilius 15) del3k 16) Erasmus v1 17) enarep 18) Evilwallpaper 19) BrainKleaner 20) moonible 21) El Stev0 22) RetroPop 23) DVDF BeeJay 24) tarules 25) Suizid 26) dinsdale1973 27) Dalvado 28) Wahwah UK 29) Gorxlor 30) monkeyboyX 31) BigCTheAnswer 32) SwallowFM 33) Ste Pickford 34) Garwoofoo 35) tobert 36) Rooty the Pie 37) srgbilco 38) Retro GhostGS 39) Puck666 40) PalefaceX 41) wezlam 42) vimster 43) JDubYes 44) Joalics 45) Jonster 46) Snowman 183 47) InvaderSpluge 48) DavidB 49) The Eagle Lord 50) holburn 51) Mega Drive II

Does anyone fancy a game on 2Fort where one team only defends and the other only attacks? It makes for an interesting game, different to usual as the attacking team doesn't have to worry about their own intelligence and can play different tactics. The defenders can use every team member in their own base and put up a very strong fort. Usually the teams on 2Fort are divided into two, this way you make a proper team with everyone co-ordinating.

Suggestions for house rules: The defending team aren't allowed in the other team's base at all. The attacking team aren't allowed to use sentry guns.

I could put a time limit on it, if it goes to sudden death then the defenders have won.

I've played a game like this by chance one night, as the other team were only defending. It was definitely an interesting match.