Team Fortress 2 (360) - Thursdays 20:15

toonfool

There are too many engineers in the game anyway. Be sumfink else!

I feel the same about the Pyro's. Than again, I played a Pyro myself during the Well games and made seven captures.

As for the Engineer, I always play him in 2Fort but I must say that defending on your own can be very stressful. I teamed up for a while with Astilus' Engineer and that was a big help. It's isn't called Team Fortress for nothing, it's hard to achieve things on your own.

To further emphasize that point: Ste's Medic was a huge help during the Hydro games. No Heavy can do without them.

I was a bit tired last night and kept pretty quiet, I even left it fairly early. I'll tell you what though, the games on Well were extraordinary. On a game that we won, we had to defend our own final capture area a couple of separate times. It wasn't all end to end material, there was a slow battle in the middle three capture areas, but one which fell to both sides multiple times.

I think we only won because the opposition engineer got bored and buggered off, leaving their final capture area vulnerable when we broke through.

Which brings us back to the topic of Engineers. I have to say, I've appreciated them a lot more since I've turned the time limit off. I just used to hate the way they brought on Sudden Death periods, which I hate. With no time limits, the game just gets dragged on, which is fine by me.

Engineers really help the game, teleporters speed up play tons, and a good engineer can get a teleporter right behind enemy lines. They can keep the home turf defended so the rest of us can attack, and they can put a dispenser behind enemy lines which is so damn useful.

Obviously spies are the engineer's worst nightmare, but even then a good engineer can defend their post.

I salute them not only because it's a class I've tried to play and failed, but because like a good bassist in a band, whilst idiots don't think they're essential you'd soon miss them if they weren't there.

I'm always up for late sessions. I played some wonderful games with the random Americans last night. Granary is fast becoming one of my favourite maps. It's really difficult to shut down the map with sentries. When you've got big teams the games really ebb and flow.

1) toonfool 2) Mr Do 71 3) the electricant 4) Tetchywayo 5) Vemsie 6) Brucey Bunta 7) Hean Dog ;) LisaSimpson45 9) Mechamonkey Mk2 10) Happy Bryan 11) DesperateRich 12) Adam1986 13) ses1mf1 14) Astilius 15) del3k 16) Erasmus v1 17) enarep 18) Evilwallpaper 19) BrainKleaner 20) moonible 21) El Stev0 22) RetroPop 23) DVDF BeeJay 24) tarules 25) Suizid 26) dinsdale1973 27) Dalvado 28) Wahwah UK 29) Gorxlor 30) monkeyboyX 31) BigCTheAnswer 32) SwallowFM 33) Ste Pickford 34) Garwoofoo 35) tobert 36) Rooty the Pie 37) srgbilco 38) Retro GhostGS 39) Puck666 40) PalefaceX 41) wezlam 42) vimster 43) JDubYes 44) Joalics 45) Jonster 46) Snowman 183 47) InvaderSpluge 48) DavidB 49) The Eagle Lord 50) holburn 51) Mega Drive II

I've just had to clean up my friends list. Gradually, I'd built up loads of gamertags by finding them in people's sigs, or in discussion topics. Now I pretty much only play TF2, with the occasional fleeting wander into other games. I build up my friends list these days by meeting decent players in this, and managed to max out last week.

I'd like to go on and see rllmukers turn up to a game that I'm hosting, but they often fill up within a couple of minutes. Best thing for me to do is set a limit of fourteen but keep five spaces private (one of those private slots is for me). That way I'll have a game of 5 vs 5 going on but there'll be space for up to four rllmukers. Should be enough on a random night.

It's no bother. :) Just if I see one of our players come online while I'm in a game, I'll fling an invite out.

My plan for having 5 vs 5 games with space for four of our lot didn't work. Randoms can invite people and use up the host's private slots. How fucked up is that?

It's no bother. :lol: Just if I see one of our players come online while I'm in a game, I'll fling an invite out.

My plan for having 5 vs 5 games with space for four of our lot didn't work. Randoms can invite people and use up the host's private slots. How fucked up is that?

I've not tried hosting a game. How felxible is TF2 about setting up games? It doesn't sound too good.

So who was defending at 2Fort this time? :(

Actually, we had did have one slightly odd game where one team was pretty much just defending (half their team were engineers), and the other just attacking, Other than that we were all pulling our weight for a change I think.

Good games last night though gents. Stood out because I finally got my 'Dynasty' (finally - it had been reset so many times...) and 'Hardcore' achievements, and also because of Toony's gradual descent into drunkenness ('I'm very drunk by the way, in case you couldn't tell' :) )!

How are you feeling today Toony?!

Haha! I've just got out of bed. There's a dribble of vodka left in a 70cl bottle and my head hurts. I can't remember the end of the games last night, I remember having fun though.

Last night I tried to force myself into playing Engineer, as I thought I had left other people to play it without pulling my weight. Engineer is my most played class, I was being daft. I should force myself to be a sniper.

My head hurts.

I only had two tiny bottles of beer, but I should have given up before the last game I played. The 2 Fort battles had completely worn me out, and I had no thinking power left for the extra game on Hydro. I was just wandering around getting shot over and over.

You weren't the only one, though the fact Red walked all over Blu on Hydro didn't help.

On 2Fort, as a sniper I ended up just trying to take out the opposing sniper. Meanwhile on the headset things are going off in the Intelligence room. I'd occasionally switch to my machine gun and pop out into the courtyard and inneffectually fire at some Demoman before getting spattered again.

Sniping is fun but it does rather take you away from the action, especially whe it ends up with you and the other sniper.