IGNORED

Thoroughly Stupid Halo 3 Questions.

Blue

It's the same as asking why a bubble shield stops speeding projectiles but allows people to walk straight through it.

Have you never read 'Dune'? It's the same technique as piercing a personal shield with a knife...only speeded up, or something!

Hey that was my next question!

Also, why do I need to pump a full clip of bullets into someone before they die? And why isn't a single rocket to the face lethal? :(

I'm merely jesting, Panda. Custom game tonight?

Rich i'd be up for some, i've still yet to play in a big ass 'Muk fest.

Have you never read 'Dune'? It's the same technique as piercing a personal shield with a knife...only speeded up, or something!

That was all to do with kinetic energy. However, bubble shields also let in speeding Ghosts so that all goes out of the window.

2. What are your winning tactics when you have to face off against an individual in multiplayer? What should I be thinking/doing to make me the winner?

If you're in a good (good as in coms) team, engage the guy, and back off to a better position, telling your team what your doing. They should then back you up (if they can) and hit the guy with multiple attacks.

I'll ask this in here since it's as good a place as any. Is there anywhere that has jpgs showing the Halo 3 maps as plans? The same as what you get in the strategy guides?

How do you get the "We’re in for some Chop" medal? I've destroyed god knows how many vehicles, so what does the game classify as "equipment"? Is it a melee attack with, say, a rocket launcher or something? Cos I swear I've done that too.

How is it some people have stupidly high skill and experience points? I've been playing the game online on and off since it's release and only just got my Gunnery Sergeant rating (60 Exp points). Now it turns out to level up again I need 150 Exp points!?! WTF?

Guest alisdair
How is it some people have stupidly high skill and experience points?

Because they are good at the game and have played lots of matches.

I've been playing the game online on and off since it's release and only just got my Gunnery Sergeant rating (60 Exp points). Now it turns out to level up again I need 150 Exp points!?! WTF?

No, you need 70 EXP and skill level 10 in any playlist for Lieutenant, then 85 EXP for Lt-2, then 100 EXP and skill 20 for Captain.

Time to start playing ranked playlists. From a glance at your stats, you'll probably rip through Lone Wolves up to level 20 very quickly.