Bionic Commando

So it's 800 points and out today.

What do people think?

After defeating the collosal "Braid" i have to say this game looks amazing but it's more frustrating not swinging over a few ledges then it is manipulating time to solve puzzles >_<

Remixed soundtrack is sweet as though, anyone know where i can get it?

Remixed soundtrack is sweet as though, anyone know where i can get it?

Right here.

I can't wait to get home and play this. :D

That's not the full soundtrack, and those versions are edited. You can buy the full soundtrack here (for a fiver):

https://www.sumthingdigital.com/AlbumDetail...px?albumid=3664

These are non-DRM. They are also available from iTunes, but I'd advise not to buy those versions as they have DRM.

Simon Viklund mentioned on his blog a few months ago that there may also be a (very) limited release on CD too after the game is released.

I have to wait four hours to play this. I hate you all.

3 hours for me since I'm a hour ahead. :P

Right here.

I can't wait to get home and play this. :D

That's not the full soundtrack, and those versions are edited. You can buy the full soundtrack here (for a fiver):

https://www.sumthingdigital.com/AlbumDetail...px?albumid=3664

These are non-DRM. They are also available from iTunes, but I'd advise not to buy those versions as they have DRM.

Simon Viklund mentioned on his blog a few months ago that there may also be a (very) limited release on CD too after the game is released.

Done. I had yarred the ones in my link, but those sound muchos better!

Yeah I thought this was rubbish to be honest. Stiff is the right word. Give us a new 2D game like Ninja Cop instead of remaking something which would have been made differently had they had more power (or buttons!) at the time. Ta.

Well I'm still enjoying it, the arm mechanic takes a little getting used to admittedly. I think the only thing I'd like to have seen would have been the ability to scroll the screen down a bit to see what platforms are just below you.

The advanced tutorial is good to go through if you haven't already, it gives some good tips on how to reach platforms that are slightly further than your arm's reach.

I've only played the NES version a little bit all those years ago, but this seems like an excellent remake. It plays really well, and imho it only feels 'stiff' if you're not so good at it. Once I got used to moving around with the grappling hook, it's surprisingly fluid.

Right, how the FUCK do you do the second challenge room in the demo? :lol:

I get all the way to the right, then up between the two spikey blocks in the middle platform to the top platform. Then there's nowhere to grab onto, and if I fall off I can't grapple far enough to the left to get to the platforms I presume I'm supposed to swing along (the exit appears - only appears, I don't actually know) to be on the far left, just left of where you drop down at the start of the level). If I try to swing from the middle platform then the spikey blocks kill me no matter where I stand. I spent half an hour on it at lunchtime and am really pissed off!

This makes my piss boil. Horribly dated and frustrating gameplay, it's more like a test of patience than a fucking game. I think even something as old as Flashback felt more progressive and friendly than this.

Absolutely gorgeous visuals and presentation, but the gameplay stinks.

Hardcoregamescanfuckoff/10

Yep, it's oldskool to a T. It's difficult even on Easy (as per most Capcom games). It's very playable though, if you persevere with the controls. There's a lot of attention to detail considering it's only 800 points. There's some horrendous screen-tearing in the 360 version though on a couple of the levels. I'm using a CRT though, so maybe that's the problem... Anyone else noticed it when playing on an LCD or a plasma?

Yep, it's oldskool to a T. It's difficult even on Easy (as per most Capcom games). It's very playable though, if you persevere with the controls. There's a lot of attention to detail considering it's only 800 points. There's some horrendous screen-tearing in the 360 version though on a couple of the levels. I'm using a CRT though, so maybe that's the problem... Anyone else noticed it when playing on an LCD or a plasma?

There is some tearing on my LCD, not as much as the tearing of my hair out at this game. Bloody annoying thing.