rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Sng

Uncharted

Were the 'Achievements/Entitlements/Whatever-they-call-it with it' referred to as 'Patches'?

.::: No, just a box popping up with a score of some sort. I never expected them as I thought Sony had cancelled the initial Entitlements. Don't know where to find them as well in the menu, I just played the first bit to chapter 5 in one go. :angry: It was my first save actually.

Were the 'Achievements/Entitlements/Whatever-they-call-it with it' referred to as 'Patches'?

No, they are just currency to unlock features like videos and alternate modes. No Xbox style achievemnts to speak of.

No, they are just currency to unlock features like videos and alternate modes. No Xbox style achievemnts to speak of.

.::: Ah, like in Metroid Prime 3 Corruption then.

There are a whole slew of different types of unlockables that you'll be able to snag, including behind-the-scenes footage, artwork, additional costumes and even other playable characters (though Nathan will still appear in the cutscenes). You'll also be able to unlock different rendering modes, like a black and white mode, a sepia-toned mode, a next-gen filter (with appropriate super bloom and saturated colors) and even a mode that doesn't utilize textures, allowing you to see how the geometry was put together more easily.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/825/825467p1.html

.::: I found about 8 "shinies" along the road btw. Do they unlock stuff as well?

The treasures give you more medal points when you collect enough. I am not a great fan of these things and would prefer that all the extras are unlocked as you progress, the game altering ones saved for after you complete the game.

Have you started Fortress yet? I just did... You'll get reminded of ICO even more!

EDIT: I wish this had a screenshot tool. Resistance does, they should share that with everyone!

Have you started Fortress yet? I just did... You'll get reminded of ICO even more!

EDIT: I wish this had a screenshot tool. Resistance does, they should share that with everyone!

.::: Excellent... I expected that. But as I need to work tomorrow I stopped there.

Had a mate pop over as well. He's a complete Crysis-nut, but he couldn't stop babbling about how much better Uncharted looked. I think there's going to be another PS3-sale soonish...

This game is awesome. I love getting one guy left, hitting him so he's injured and watching him back off. Then I try to sneak around him whilst he's trying to get an angle on me... come up behind him and the last thing he does in his life is give me a piggyback and BOOM, neck snaaapped.

That's gonna be one of the additions in an up-coming firmware update, no?

Hope so. Maybe next week in time for Home!

I don't know why but the fortress brought back memories of Ecstatica. I also started to notice around the Fortress that this game has a really good soundtrack.

I Can't wait to get back home to play.

Yeah the soundtrack in parts reminds me of Lost. Or maybe it was just that bit with the plane in the tree. Really good. Although if anything it gets me a bit too tense at times. But that might just be because I'm a pussy.

Just started this and it really is very slick. I love the platforming and the story is done very well, also I find the characters very likeable, It's refreshing to see some genuine characterisation for a change.

Two niggles, the screen tearing is a pain. If you can make a game look this astonishing wouldn't it be worth finding the extra lines of code to prevent this? Also the dropped ammo is almost impossible to see, you just have to go to where you think it probably is.

Overall excellent so far with some great set-pieces. Still trying to get a handle on the combat/cover system though!

Reminds me more of Flashback with its jungle setting but obviously with the Prince of Persia fluid movement. More that lineage than flippin Tomb Raider.

You can play it in SD to avoid the tearing! Apparently. I've not tried it yet. No I'm not going to try it.

Just started this and it really is very slick. I love the platforming and the story is done very well, also I find the characters very likeable, It's refreshing to see some genuine characterisation for a change.

Two niggles, the screen tearing is a pain. If you can make a game look this astonishing wouldn't it be worth finding the extra lines of code to prevent this? Also the dropped ammo is almost impossible to see, you just have to go to where you think it probably is.

Overall excellent so far with some great set-pieces. Still trying to get a handle on the combat/cover system though!

Reminds me more of Flashback with its jungle setting but obviously with the Prince of Persia fluid movement. More that lineage than flippin Tomb Raider.

You'll be pleased to know the tearing issue seems to become less noticeable as the game progresses..or maybe I just got used to it. I know it bugged me at first but I certainly wasn't noticing it any more after Chapter 10 or so. Or maybe I just fell for the game by that stage with the help of beer goggles or something.

Soon I will have a DS3, and then I will be FORCED to play through Uncharted for the third time, although not sure if I will be up to 'crushing'. How are people finding that difficulty in comparison to 'hard'?

Except for Soong's tv, that is.
.::: No tearing problems here. Maybe Samsung's Game Mode really is a bit like magic?

And his! Samsung for life, yo.

I have a Panasonice PX70, anyone know of a Game Mode on it?

Nein! Use VGA...oh. Is there a VGA lead for the PS3?

Nein! Use VGA...oh. Is there a VGA lead for the PS3?

.::: Haven't got a clue tbh. Why'd you use that if you've got access to HDMI though?

And his! Samsung for life, yo.

.::: Unless you're talking about mobile phones. Jeez, those are atrocious.

Anyway, is there an area with exceptional screen tearing so I can check up on it?

.::: Haven't got a clue tbh. Why'd you use that if you've got access to HDMI though?

VGA carries the native resolution of my TV. Component and HDMI don't.

Sadly, I don't think any of the PS3s have VGA output. If there are any decent ways of getting it to run with a standard PC monitor, I'm all ears...

.::: Unless you're talking about mobile phones. Jeez, those are atrocious.

Anyway, is there an area with exceptional screen tearing so I can check up on it?

Any waterfall.

VGA carries the native resolution of my TV. Component and HDMI don't.

But the game is output at 720p, surely? So scaling happens regardless.