rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Sng

Uncharted

Played Uncharted yet, have you?

No?

Well...

No. Have you played Halo 3? Seen those textures?

I like to go up close to the textures in the games I play, and up close, the textures in Uncharted are probably the prettiest I've seen yet.

PDZ had some of the best up close textures - and they still look very good today - but the ones in Uncharted are better and prettier. Probably because the lighting is more natural and not all over the place as it tended to be in PDZ.

Define 'better' and 'prettier'. Using PDZ as comparison doesn't really help.

No. Have you played Halo 3? Seen those textures?

Define 'better' and 'prettier'. Using PDZ as comparison doesn't really help.

Yes, I've played and completed Halo 3 three times now. Once in singleplayer and twice in co-op. You still haven't played Uncharted so your comments on the game and its graphics are not very interesting.

The textures in Halo 3 are good and often very good, but where I am in Uncharted at this moment, Halo 3 just doesn't cut it. Halo 3's lighting effects on the other hand are incredibly pretty and I haven't seen any lighting like that in Uncharted yet. Probably because I'm currently moving through somewhat dark tombs and such.

And yes, using PDZ as a comparison is valid, since it has some very nice textures. If you played the game you would notice.

In fact - this game is excactly what the Xbox 360 needs. A good action/adventure game with high production values and an interesting story with likeable characters, instead of all the first person shooters, sub standard production values and lack of optimization in its games. The 360 NEEDS developers like Naughty Dog and Insomniac.

The 360 has Tomb Raider Anniversary. A brilliant action/adventure game with high production values and an interesting story with likeable characters. You kind of fell apart with the next point though so I won't even bother going there. And then you went on to call PDZ a good looking game and you really lost me.

And yes, using PDZ as a comparison is valid, since it has some very nice textures. If you played the game you would notice.

Perfect 'wetlook' Dark Zero was one of my first 360 games, so yes, I've played it and my was it shit and ugly.

Perfect 'wetlook' Dark Zero was one of my first 360 games, so yes, I've played it and my was it shit and ugly.

3.jpg

Whatver! It's gorgeous and should be applauded for giving midgets and equal opportunity at being henchmen. Plus it had some of the best game mechanics and level design in any next gen game and it still holds up today. One day Uncharted will be remembered in the same way in which we currently remember PDZ.

x05-perfect-dark-zero-screens-20051003091533455.jpg

Whatver! It's gorgeous and should be applauded for giving midgets and equal opportunity at being henchmen. Plus it had some of the best game mechanics and level design in any next gen game and it still holds up today. One day Uncharted will be remembered in the same wonderful way in which we currently remember PDZ.

*spats tea over keyboard*

:angry:

Yeah, R.I.P. PDZ. :wacko:

Slightly harsh. Okotta has a valid point imo. He never said PDZ was good just that at times the textures were good, which they were.

Shithouse game, mind.

Ok, I'll take back every bit of criticism I've had, because of this.

Now tell me, why did you guys show me (crap) pictures instead of (good) videos like the above? Your standards are getting sloppy, rllmuk! :angry:

I'm converted.

Just done the first few levels. Loving it so far! Voice acting is brilliant, the story doesn't try to be too clever so is decent to follow. And the animation is brilliant! The little touches are just... well, NEXT GEN WOO.

Ok, I'll take back every bit of criticism I've had, because of this.

Now tell me, why did you guys show me (crap) pictures instead of (good) videos like the above? Your standards are getting sloppy, rllmuk! :)

I'm converted.

No one mentions *that* review as it marks it down for 'no online play' :angry:

No one mentions *that* review as it marks it down for 'no online play' :angry:

I wasn't paying attention to what he said. All I noticed were the visuals in the footage they've used.

.::: Got my own copy!

Dutchies: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SET SPEECH TO ENGLISH AND USE DUTCH/ENGLISH SUBS!

I was getting bad tearing with this but I put my TV in Game Mode and it's completely gone! Runs smoother than my arse. Which is well smooth!

It's a Samsung, anyone with the same problem should turn it on! If they haven't already.

I was getting bad tearing with this but I put my TV in Game Mode and it's completely gone! Runs smoother than my arse. Which is well smooth!

It's a Samsung, anyone with the same problem should turn it on! If they haven't already.

What is this game mode of which you speak? Are you using an HDMI connection with this?

Yeah, HDMI. Game Mode is in the second to bottom tab of the Menu screen on the TV.

gameMode.jpg

Enhances response time? I'd have thought that would be bullshit if I just read about it, but for shizzle my nizzle, it works.

it'll likely be doing less processing on the image therefore displaying it faster so your inputs have a more immediate on-screen effect, would be my guess.

Naughty Dog games usually have tearing.

Naughty Dog games usually have tearing.

It is REALLY bad through HDMI on this for me. And I don't have any Game modes on my Panny.

Yeah, HDMI. Game Mode is in the second to bottom tab of the Menu screen on the TV.

gameMode.jpg

Enhances response time? I'd have thought that would be bullshit if I just read about it, but for shizzle my nizzle, it works.

Sounds like the TVs internal processing was causing the tearing. There's no way a TV should be able to fix it. If the game is tearing then it's delivering partial frames to the TV (part of one, part of the next I mean). The TV wouldn't know the difference.

Me likey. So that's three 'must-haves' for the PS3 and a couple of 'worth a punts' :angry:

Seriously though this is a really good game, the graphics ARE spectacular and at times made me go 'wow' at just how much detail there is. It's a little shiny but it's the little details that get me like the creases in his t-shirt as he moves or the monkeys that see you and run away but then sit in the trees hiding and peeking out at you or the fact he gets proper soaking wet if he goes swimming, very good. The story is a sort of by the numbers Indiana Jones type affair but these characters have more charm than 90% of videogame characters around. The sound track is very good too but all this is not to overlook the level construction and the challenges involved and so far after a couple of hours I'm very impressed at how well thought out the levels are, the scenery is just so well placed to make for a fun mixture of shooting, hand to hand or platforming.

Very Naughty Dog!

This arrived today from Play :angry:

Its one of my sons Xmas pressies :)

Tell him Santa did it.

I have a Panasonice PX70, anyone know of a Game Mode on it? I'm probably gonna pick this up soon, but the tearing was pretty bad on the demo.

Tell him Santa did it.

what unwrapped it? I believe my son has given me the go ahead, its the other half thats the problem.

.::: Just reached 5

The Fortress

. Damn, it really feels like a blockbuster adventure-flick. It's so much mixed up; Tomb Raider, Gears of War even some shades of ICO. Combat is great, though some enemies like to soak up bullets.

The Dutch translation (subs) are a bit whack though, full of strong language while the English speech is pretty basic. I've seen the word 'shit' fly by a dozen times in the subs before Nate actually said it the very first time. A bit over-the-top imo.

Still, it's genuinely engaging. I need to play this with popcorn. :angry:

And only now do I realise that the jelly-stones are actually wet stones. Judging by the demo it seemed to affect a lot of the environment, but it's pretty consistent using the super-shiny effect only in wet areas. I absolutely adore how Nate moves around. And if you disregard his super-human climbing skills, he's the most realistic playable character in a game ever.

Though his hair-gel is made out of adamantium.

Thoroughly enjoyable and just plain gob-smacking at times with an excellent pacing of exploration and combat so far.

You should play Heavenly Sword for some more blockbuster adventure-flick scenes. As long as you don't mind button mashing hack n slashes it's wonderful to play through.

And yeah my only criticism of this so far is the rifle doesn't seem to be powerful enough. It's like you hit them once and they don't take any further damage until they've finished registering that hit.. which is about a second. Much easier headshotting with the handgun.

You should play Heavenly Sword for some more blockbuster adventure-flick scenes. As long as you don't mind button mashing hack n slashes it's wonderful to play through.

And yeah my only criticism of this so far is the rifle doesn't seem to be powerful enough. It's like you hit them once and they don't take any further damage until they've finished registering that hit.. which is about a second. Much easier headshotting with the handgun.

.::: I played Heavenly Sword. It's the reason why I do not (and do not want to) own it.

The 9mm is god in Uncharted. Was a bit surprised to get two Headshot Achievements/Entitlements/Whatever-they-call-it with it.