It's the 299 quid PS3 with no BC

JPickford (retired mod)

But only compatible with US titles.

True. That's the boat i'm in now, as I have US versions of my favourite games & at least I have the option of full BC for the future, if there's any others I particulary must have upscaled.

It would be nice if Sony would remove the region coding for the DVD & PS2 games, but it'll never happen.

I was in Toys r us in Lakeside on friday at the collection point and the bloke in front of me was collecting 2 huge PS3 60 gig bundles.

Er, i'm sure there was a point to me posting that but i've forgotten.

:D

you went to Lakeside? Ooh get you, lardi-dah! :(

Picked up the 60GB pack with Motorstorm and F1 and two controllers yesterday. Went to buy it in one store but was told the 60gb pack was no longer in stock. Checked a second store and they initially told me it was sold out but then another sales assistant said new stock had just come in.

So far only updated system played some Motorstorm and downloaded PES2008 demo. PES 2008 is a mess with lots of slowdown.

• 2 months later...

Bumping this as it seems the most relevant thread.

In GAME today I randomly asked if they had any 60gb PS3 (even though I knew the answer!) the guy told me that Sony are going to re-release the 60Gb model at some point. They don't have a date but it was "on the Sony site somewhere" - now this was news to me

Is this guy talking bollocks?? If this was true would the forum be aflame with posts about it?

He seemed a cut above your average GAME staff moron. Interestingly they did have a 60Gb but it was pre-owned he seemed reluctant to flog it as it was in his words "stupidly overpriced"

Bumping this as it seems the most relevant thread.

In GAME today I randomly asked if they had any 60gb PS3 (even though I knew the answer!) the guy told me that Sony are going to re-release the 60Gb model at some point. They don't have a date but it was "on the Sony site somewhere" - now this was news to me

Is this guy talking bollocks?? If this was true would the forum be aflame with posts about it?

He seemed a cut above your average GAME staff moron. Interestingly they did have a 60Gb but it was pre-owned he seemed reluctant to flog it as it was in his words "stupidly overpriced"

Given that the guy clearly can't do his job (which is infact to sell the "stupidly overpriced" console), I'd not trust his claims on the matter.

Yeah I reckon it's bollocks. No sign of this news on the interweb or any sign of the 60Gb returning at all.

Hmmmmm I've started to go bonkers mad - and slowly convincing myself I want the second-hand 60Gb they have.

He said it was only a tenner less than they were new - looking at prices on amazon & ebay that's not a bad price. Esp if the console is in decent nick.

The thing is I've got the money, that's no problem at all - so I don't know why I don't just go for it. Gahhahah! :) see this is what happens when the girlfriend goes out for the day and leaves me to my own devices! :(:(

UPDATE:

Urge. To waste money. getting. stronger. must. fight. it. Unless someone convinces me otherwise in the next hour - I'm going for it.

The thing is I've got the money, that's no problem at all - so I don't know why I don't just go for it. Gahhahah! :lol: see this is what happens when the girlfriend goes out for the day and leaves me to my own devices! ;):lol:

UPDATE:

Urge. To waste money. getting. stronger. must. fight. it. Unless someone convinces me otherwise in the next hour - I'm going for it.

If your need for gimped BC is that strong, why not.

It is done. I'm 420 quid worse off

It was pretty damn dusty and had a few light scratches on the top (which I'll never see where it is located) but it's fine. Well I picked up Uncharted and Resistence for it too

And I can always play SOTC on it until something proper decent comes along.

I've purchased a 40Gb model purely for use as a Blu-ray player. Was considering selling the pad that was included, but am very tempted by Little Big Planet.

Although I did promise the wife that this wasn't a cheap trick to get another games console into the house...

Cheers,

Ryan