IGNORED

Edge 181

Janski

The only thing interesting to me about PGR4 is the new Geometry Wars tucked away inside it...I mean how many times can we play the same old game (MSR, PGR, PGR2, PGR3..PGR4 now with weird motorbikes). Although i'm sure Stroker will give me 100 reasons why.

I'll give you a couple: new cars, bikes, new environment conditions, new tracks and hopefully a return to form for the best online racer ever. Especially the last bit. PGR2 was so utterly genious online.

Woooo, Halo 3 is an awesome package and despite a solitary single player level being a bit out of context with the rest of the game it really is a worthy successor to Halo 1. The multiplayer and the theatre mode in particular are nothing short of outstanding.

I suppose taking into to account the whole package its hard to mark down, seeing as the core game is so perfect now.

What did they not like about Metroid out of interest?

Guess: It's the same old game, and takes a bit of the poor design from MP2.

So, in a couple of months, Edge went fro

Is your post episodic?

Has the 10,000+ post thread passed you by?

Shave?

But I was always under the impression that EDGE gave their 10's when a game is revolutionising the genre. Does this do that? Or is it more or a massive jump forward?

Again, I must say I haven't played it yet, i'm just basing that on what i've read.

Shave?

But I was always under the impression that EDGE gave their 10's when a game is revolutionising the genre. Does this do that? Or is it more or a massive jump forward?

Again, I must say I haven't played it yet, i'm just basing that on what i've read.

It IS revolutionary in lots of ways, but EDGE gave up the 'revolutionary' tag to their 10s when they gave that score to HL2.

While it shouldn't make a blind bit of difference, I somehow feel that this is going to make a 10 for Mario Galaxy that much more unlikely.

Halo 3 - 10

Wow. Didn't see that coming at all. Personally had Halo 3 mentally marked as 'same-again-with-bolts-on'. If the single/co-op campaign is really up to stratch, I'll have to give it serious consideration.

As Angel commented, this is great for Bungie.

As for Metroid Prime 3 - Oof. Must read review later today I guess.

This is the first console 10/10 since Halo, right? IIRC only Half Life 2 came in between.

I don't think this should affect Mario Galaxy's score. If it deserves a 10, it'll probably get one (or not). Anyway, we'll have to see what Mario Galaxy will be all about. I don't think it'll get a 10/10 by 'just' having good controls and some cool levels.

I was thinking if Half Life 2 got a 10, this should get at least an 11.

Makes a lot of sense put like that.

Quite pleased with the ETQW score as well.

Metroid Prime 3 only getting a 7/10 is ridiculous though. I expect their reasons will be as irrelevant as Gamespot's.

I don't think many people will object to the 10/10 score, except those who dislike anything to do with FPS/space marines by default. What I've seen so far and judging by other people's reactions in the Halo 3 thread it seems to be pretty much flawless.

Doesn't Edge have a history of marking games down which are merely brilliant refinements of their formula, because they're not new and exciting and revolutionary?

(not played Halo 3 so no opinion on the review itself)

edit - been said already. Ignore me!