Saints Row 2

Roboplegic Wrongcock

That's proper teasing material. The major complaint of the first game was a lack of motorcycles and flying machines and it seems they're both in there.

The first Saints Row was great, one of my favourite games of last year. So I definitely look forward to this, even with GTA4 on the horizon. I hope they don't screw it up.

• 4 months later...

Did enjoy Saints in the abscence of a GTA game but it wasn't all that to be fair, good fun but even the missions weren't quite as exciting somehow.

The traffic absence was bloody annoying though, when your car blew up on a mission or something you could end up running along the streets waiting for a car for ages.

I think they're trying to make it cartoony and silly, whereas GTA4 will be realistic and gritty (with some trademark Rockstar humour ofc).

That's the impression I get from the previews anyway.

I mean, Saint's Row 2 is going to have car surfing. Amaze.

I outsourced on saints row 1...

erm anyway. Looks like they havn't learnt anything since then with regards to the graphics. You could get away with this kind thing for the 'first gen' games of this current next gen but now that simply isn't acceptable.

I love Saints Row. The whole package - music, physics, design, minigames, humour - was splendid!

:angry::(

The greatest part about SR is in my opinion

was the main character never spoke during any of the three of the storylines, except for 1 short sentence at the very end of each story. I remember doing the... I believe it was the yellow storyline and it was about this girl/bitch. The main character was in an discussion with one of his homies and all of a sudden said something in the likes of 'I bet she gives you herpes!'. And that was it! The expression on the face of his homie was one of the best gaming moments I have ever seen :D

Bring on Saints Row 2! ^_^:wub::D

• 1 month later...

Yes, seriously. I loved the GTA games, Vice City and San Andreas especially, but the humour, missions, world and (most importantly) targetting in Saints Row were all far superior. The only things missing (bikes and choppers) are in SR2.

SR2 does look promising but I am wondering how it is going to manage with GTA4, APB etc arriving. The first SR had the benefit of no GTA around, this time it really has to push to impress people away from GTA 4.

Yes, seriously. I loved the GTA games, Vice City and San Andreas especially, but the humour, missions, world and (most importantly) targetting in Saints Row were all far superior. The only things missing (bikes and choppers) are in SR2.

Of all things, the humour!? SR has nothing on GTA in that respect. Justify, let's go!

IN THE ROW, NOBODY BREAKS.

I liked the humour of SR as well. And SR did a lot of things right compared to the GTAIII games. It was easily one of my favourite 'early 360 games' and my favourite 'sandbox game' until Crackdown came along.

But when Saints Row was released, it was a game that came after a last-gen series of games that ran on 7 year old technology, both software and hardware wise. I doubt the sequel will measure up favourably to the behemoth that is (or should I say 'hopefully will be') GTA IV.