Patapon

Spent 2 hours at work last night raising enough ka-ching to buy 3 Dekapons (trolls/tanks) and I've just

freed Meden from her kidnappers

. Seems quite essential to be in Fever mode as much as possible in that level for many reasons.

Question about grinding:

I've noticed that on the first level, the flowers can be killed to give ka-ching. Are there any other similar areas that give out nice little payouts for similar?

Haven't found anything better than the first level, which is kind of annoying. And I just unlocked the thunder and lightningy hunting area and lost one of my 750 ka-ching costing spikey blue Yaripons to the

CRAB BASTARDS

and never noticed he'd died and didn't use the ponpata chant to run back and get his cap. ;_;

I've gotten my first Super Cedar and Awesome Alloy now though. :lol:

Grinding up ka-ching between the levels to boster my forces up again is getting pretty irritating now though.

And the hardest bit of the whole game is by far knowing when to press the button to catch the stuff on the gardening minigame. I end up just mashing circle as fast as I can, and catching 1 or 2 things each game, 3 if I'm lucky. But every time one of the level 3 vegetables appears I miss it. D:

Spent 2 hours at work last night raising enough ka-ching to buy 3 Dekapons (trolls/tanks) and I've just

freed Meden from her kidnappers

. Seems quite essential to be in Fever mode as much as possible in that level for many reasons.

Question about grinding:

I've noticed that on the first level, the flowers can be killed to give ka-ching. Are there any other similar areas that give out nice little payouts for similar?

on the desert hunt level, if you use a rain miracle a big plant will appear. Get your patapons to shoot it to get around 600 ka-ching.

on the desert hunt level, if you use a rain miracle a big plant will appear. Get your patapons to shoot it to get around 600 ka-ching.

Desert where you get the gardening mini game from or Desert Oasis where you get the tailwind miracle?

Also is there any way to mak eit easier to hit the things to make them drop Ka-ching? I always end up killing the things in one round of spears and ending up with nothing to fire at to be able to hit them.

Desert where you get the gardening mini game from or Desert Oasis where you get the tailwind miracle?

Also is there any way to mak eit easier to hit the things to make them drop Ka-ching? I always end up killing the things in one round of spears and ending up with nothing to fire at to be able to hit them.

I use Kibapons as they have a nice wee charge distance in Fever mode. however, you need to be careful about your starting attack range as Mototis can smell horses from a decent range and do a bunk. You can suss it out though.

I'm talking about the flowers that are glowing and whatnot, I've no problem killing everything in a hunting plains, and I set out with only ...Yaripons is it with the spears? Just keep up fever mode, maybe dropping once or twice in the level by accident, but they kill everything in the level with ease... well they have a LITTLE trouble when crabs kill 2 of them, but even so.

I need to know more details on this please.

running through the desert hunt mission, the one with meat showing on the scroll of missions. if you get to fever and use the rain miracle then eventually a plant will grow out of the ground. only when it is raining though so you may have to repeat the miracle. Your Patapons will target it however so no need for enemies to be near.

Get them into fever mode with the defence beat the moment the level starts, then rain miracle, the flower is quite early on.

ATTACK

not always, i've had it at the end of the level.

It's annoying in that it's great for playing in bed, but because you're keeping the rhythm when you turn it off to try and sleep you end up chanting pata pata pata pon in your head for the next hour afterwards, and seeing imaginary patapons marching through your head.

The stew actually helps out loads during the missions. The best one, which is real easy to get, gives your patapons an all round boost, more damage, stats and stuff. :) The only downside is having to play the gardening mini game to get the stuff to make stew. >_<

Finished this off tonight (:lol: night shift). Absolutely brilliant game. Took me just over 16 hours but I took my time over it. The final boss was superbly multi-staged albeit not as tough as it could have been. the only complaint that I have about the game is that the manual could have explained things a wee bit more, especially on how to remove troops to make space for better ones (thanks to Pete Brant for the infos on this).

So when's Patapon 2 out then?

You were saying about how you can make money on Search For A Lucky Star, how do you do it? The rain never stops for me, and the golden bird thing takes 0 damage from my attacks and just runs off. I'm a tad stumped. But I've started getting bits and bobs of level 4 materials and made myself a Mogyoon Yumipon and a Barsala Tatepon. The Mogyoon Yumipon is the one with a super attack boost, and the damage it does compared to the other Yumipons is absolutely mental. I need to make myself a few more of them when I get more level 4 materials.

Also I can't help but feel like using the Dekapon is a bit... worthless. They're much slower and less visually appealing than the Tatepons, plus they can't even use shields. Does their damage go up quite a bit when you get better weapons or what to make them useful?

After much more playing I'm still totally in love with this game. Building up my army rightly now, I'm up to 2 mogyoon yaripon, 1 mogyoon yumipon, 2 mogyoon + 1 barsala tatepon and a mogyoon megapon. :)

Struggling to get level 4 materials though, I have the first boss on level 12 and have only gotten 2 super cedar off him so far, second boss on 9 with 0, third boss on 6 with nothing worth mentioning either. The meat seems to be pretty easy to get from search for a lucky star, because I think the yellow bird that dies in one hit from a non-fire weapon drops you a mystery meat every time you kill him, and the other level 3 materials are all easy enough to come by for making mogyoons that use meat in them.

Also I can't seem to do the smithing mini game at all, which is annoying.

How do you get the ingredient to make stew? Someone mentioned gardening mini-game, but I haven't got that yet - I take it I need to unlock a Patapon memory somewhere to get it? Don't tell me exactly where to get it, just point me in the right direction please :)

I'm liking the game but it's a bit crappy that you can't find better weapons when hunting, and also they should give you 3 of each new unit type for free - for ages I couldn't try out the mounted guys or the Dekapons because it was more cost effective to buy better Yaripons or Takepons. I've just spent ages hunting though and saved up enough for a 1500 Dekapon, who looks pretty cool, and I'm hoping will help me get past the level I'm stuck on. Now I just need to raise another 400+ to buy another 2 Dekapons - snore!

You want to go to the desert hunt level with the rain miracle equipped.

If you build up fever mode with the chakachaka song so you dont actually move forward and perform the rain miracle before you start the level, then a pink snail thing spawns at the start, when you kill it you get the item for creating the gardening minigame character.

That level is also your best bet for gathering ka-ching until you get further into the game with the Search For A Lucky Star hunting grounds, if you repeat the rain miracle every time it stops raining, there'll be a point where a fancy big tree grows and you can make your patapons attack it for an extra 150-300 or so ka-ching during the level.

Also having levelled up the second and third bosses some, I've been having them drop me Scorching Spears, Flame Bows and Ice Shields quite a bit. Got 8 Flame Bows and 4 Scorching spears and about 10 Ice Shields stockpiled now.

If you want to up your damage a lot though, make units using one of the level 4 materials, and one level 3 to make Mogyoons. They're the units with the highest attack power of their type, I have some of my mogyoon Yaripons bows dealing hits of over 50 with crits thanks to them.

Thanks Terria.

It's very annoying that I need someone's help to find out something so obscure (using the rain miracle at the start of a level, tree growings, etc!) - the game is really bad for player communication and accessibility which properly gets on my nerves. I'm so tempted to go on a big rant right now!

I've only got the bosses up to about level 3. They never dropped much kaching or items which i didn't already have so I didn't see the point in fighting them. Again, poor communication, if I'd known they drop other things than materials as they get higher I would have fought them more ages ago!

I've just realised after looking at an FAQ to see how much further in the game I had to go, that I was on the last boss. :) I now dont want to kill him because that'll be it over, where's the motivation to build up a huge army of Mogyoons and go mental if I complete it first. :D

It is a fantastic game once you learn the stuff it doesn't tell you though. Definately in the best 3 on PSP, imo.

Plus there's potential for going back to it trying to use only basic patapons to see if you can complete it and stuff too. :)

I've just realised after looking at an FAQ to see how much further in the game I had to go, that I was on the last boss. ^_^ I now dont want to kill him because that'll be it over, where's the motivation to build up a huge army of Mogyoons and go mental if I complete it first. ;)

It is a fantastic game once you learn the stuff it doesn't tell you though. Definately in the best 3 on PSP, imo.

Plus there's potential for going back to it trying to use only basic patapons to see if you can complete it and stuff too. <_<

It won't end. In fact, the game invites you to fight each boss again and again even if the main story's finished.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Likewise, but it's worth noting the art (including art direction) was all outsourced, which seems common to all games with interesting art direction these days. The only exceptions I can think of are JSR and Wind Waker.

In case no one's posted it:

<a href="http://www.rolitoland.com/" target="_blank">http://www.rolitoland.com/</a>

Are you saying the Semper Fi guys did the art, or is that a tribute? I got lost in their arty flash-jungle years ago, but I think I might have seen that page way back.

Edit: Rolitoland is definitely not new to me. These guys got plenty more good material to work with.

Anyway, Patapon. It gets exhausting after a while, no? After four hours my brain just gave up trying to keep with the beats. The desert puzzle held me back for a while, not great design, that. About the same as Loco Roco on the fun scale. Stupid chants won't get out of my head though, I keep walking in Pata! Pata! Pata! Pon! time.

• 2 months later...